2025 3* Defensive Athlete Bryce Deas commits to AU!

• RunInRed changed the title to 2025 4* ATH Bryce Deas commits to AU!

Bryce Deas comes out of a storied football program in Baltimore City that has been the subject of an E:60 special, Battle of Baltimore, featured on ESPN and also a 4-part documentary on HBO on the St. Frances Academy football program. Both are worth viewing to appreciate something of this recruit's challenging background.

• Like 5

Grown ass man.  And unlike Gus, I figure freeze knows how to use athletes 🫢

• Like 3

This class keeps getting better and better.

WAR EAGLE and welcome to Auburn.

• Like 3

• ellitor changed the title to 2025 3* ATH Bryce Deas commits to AU!
14 hours ago, AUpreacherman22 said:

He certainly looks the part.  
Is he projected to be a Safety, LB, or Durkin’s hybrid position?

@AUpreacherman22 Per reports, we are taking him as an athlete now & will figure out his position later. I have seen speculation he may be a hybrid a la Kaleb Harris from last year's class.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Wasn’t he a 4* yesterday?  Or have I been hitting the good stuff too much lately?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, AUatHeart said:

Wasn’t he a 4* yesterday?  Or have I been hitting the good stuff too much lately?

I thought so, too. 

And if the good stuff is really good bourbon or Scotch, sharing is good. 

4 hours ago, AUatHeart said:

I just looked him up. Rivals bumped him up to a 4 star on May 31st and he's still a 4 star there. 247, On3 and ESPN all have him as a 3 star. He had offers from us, USC, Penn State, Miami, Boston College, Syracuse, Maryland, Colorado and others. I look at the schools that offer the player more than anything. 

Since DJ Durkin was coach at Maryland and has connections to those area schools, it seems to be paying off for us. We landed Deas committment and are favored to land his teammate Woodby. That would be a really good get. Hoping Woodby commits at Big Cat Weekend.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, TeamZero77 said:

Hoping Woodby commits at Big Cat Weekend.

IMHO they’ve already talked to some guys about committing on that day.   Since Woodby’s friend and teammate just committed on his first trip (partly because of what Woodby has been telling him), I would think Woodby is one of the top candidates to be a Big Cat commitment.   

• Like 1

Last year we stacked several weeks in a row with a top commit

wouldn’t surprise me if we had a media friendly run of commitments at an opportune timeframe

On 6/11/2024 at 4:14 PM, DAG said:

Grown ass man.  And unlike Gus, I figure freeze knows how to use athletes 🫢

First defensive-athlete we’ve signed in years too.

• Like 2

• ellitor changed the title to 2025 3* Defrnsive Athlete Bryce Deas commits to AU!
  • 2 weeks later...
Posted (edited)
On 6/13/2024 at 8:26 AM, AUght2win said:

First defensive-athlete we’ve signed in years too.

I'm just glad to have a "Defrnsive" recruit period

Edited by HAPvsOA
  • Haha 2

Low key thought this was another decommit when this thread reappeared

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

3 star? 4 star? WTF is a defrnsive athlete? Why would I want an "athlete" with defrinsive issues?

This sounds like a dental health problem, in which case it is time to get a DDS on the Auburn athletics payroll in order to sign this defrinsive athlete and adequately respond to the dental needs of all of our athletes. 

Are AUF readers slumping or tired? Do I need to throw in the giant SARCASM emoji here?

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, AURex said:

3 star? 4 star? WTF is a defrnsive athlete? Why would I want an "athlete" with defrinsive issues?

This sounds like a dental health problem, in which case it is time to get a DDS on the Auburn athletics payroll in order to sign this defrinsive athlete and adequately respond to the dental needs of all of our athletes. 

Are AUF readers slumping or tired? Do I need to throw in the giant SARCASM emoji here?

In your analysis to humor the misspelling of a key word in a key topic that touches every reader of this forum you made ME laugh!

• Like 1

• ellitor unpinned this topic
  • 1 month later...
  • RunInRed changed the title to 2025 3* Defensive Athlete Bryce Deas commits to AU!