Stop calling Barkley asking for NIL money.

I cannot blame him............

• Haha 1

Good for him

if players want to give him a piece of their future earnings then that might be an investment worth considering but endless contributions with no financial benefit is not wise

• Like 2

Lol idiots, what did you expect to be constantly hounded for nil held hostage ransom money? Anyone that pays nil is a sucker. Go buy lottery tickets instead. College semi pro ball has become the worst scam ever.

if it takes huge amounts of cash to play at Auburn go somewhere else.

Championships don’t mean much anymore when you can just buy them.

Barkley then tried getting Nowitzi to attend his alma mater, Auburn University. He offered to pay his way there “no matter what it costs.” 

I like Charles, he’s a good guy, but if he’d stop making statements like this one he’d be a little more credible at times. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, gr82be said:

Barkley then tried getting Nowitzi to attend his alma mater, Auburn University. He offered to pay his way there “no matter what it costs.” 

I like Charles, he’s a good guy, but if he’d stop making statements like this one he’d be a little more credible at times. 

How is this the same as don’t call me EVERY YEAR for millions. I don’t think he has a problem fronting money for an athlete , particularly someone who plays his sport. But I don’t blame him in saying, stop trying to get me to front money every year. You are talking about a one off , very special talent versus annually asking for a large donation. That is a major difference. 

• Thanks 4

58 minutes ago, DAG said:

How is this the same as don’t call me EVERY YEAR for millions. I don’t think he has a problem fronting money for an athlete , particularly someone who plays his sport. But I don’t blame him in saying, stop trying to get me to front money every year. You are talking about a one off , very special talent versus annually asking for a large donation. That is a major difference. 

I knew what I said wouldn’t be the popular thing to say but it doesn’t change how I feel about it. If he wants to say these things, say them in private because the public conversation is not necessary. That’s just how I see it. I wasn’t raised to call attention to myself so I guess I expect that out of others. That’s all I’m trying to say. 

5 hours ago, gr82be said:

I knew what I said wouldn’t be the popular thing to say but it doesn’t change how I feel about it. If he wants to say these things, say them in private because the public conversation is not necessary. That’s just how I see it. I wasn’t raised to call attention to myself so I guess I expect that out of others. That’s all I’m trying to say. 

i love charles but  a lot of folks feel the same.he is usually funny and cringe worthy but he rocks my little auburn world. i got your back G but it is gonna cost ya............

55 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

i love charles but  a lot of folks feel the same.he is usually funny and cringe worthy but he rocks my little auburn world. i got your back G but it is gonna cost ya............

I don’t dislike Charles but I understand my take will meet disapproval. It’s fine. Appreciate you. I just prefer low key stuff like that and Charles is not low key. Guess that’s why I love Bo Jackson so much. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, gr82be said:

Then he wouldn’t be the Charles Barkley we know and love.  That is who he is and what got him to the stature where Auburn feels comfortable asking him for money. If anyone has a reason to gripe it is him because he actually has gave sums of money to the school and able to do so at an impactful level if he chooses. As oppose to the people on here griping, who probably hasn’t given a dime. 

Edited by DAG

13 hours ago, gr82be said:

His “credibility” actually stems from his authenticity.

• Like 1

On 6/13/2024 at 10:45 PM, TigerOne said:

Lol idiots, what did you expect to be constantly hounded for nil held hostage ransom money? Anyone that pays nil is a sucker. Go buy lottery tickets instead. College semi pro ball has become the worst scam ever.

if it takes huge amounts of cash to play at Auburn go somewhere else.

Championships don’t mean much anymore when you can just buy them.

Preach, brother!!