How Auburn has gone from one of the worst offensive line recruiting teams to one of the best

Thank goodness!  Hard to win the game when you lose the LOS. 

• Like 1

I am encouraged by CHF and his offensive coordinators pulling in OL players. We have not seen this for quite awhile and our coaches deserve huge credit for building up the OL and WR ranks.

That said. it is really hard to predict how well OL recruits will develop, whether they will become really competitive on game day. Which is why it is so important to build depth -- as CHF is trying to do.

I just hope, out of the recent recruiting crops of OL players (HS and portal) that Auburn can build a great OL that can be sustained year after year.

• Like 4

Better thread title:

How Auburn has gone from one of the worst O lines on the field to, at this point, one of the best on paper.

I'll believe it when we see it.

• Like 1

Amazing how recruiting Oline helps. Having backup plans if one doesn’t sign or work out makes a difference. Odd that the two Offensive gurus we supposed had sucked at this aspect of basic football. Go gettum Hugh! I also like that we are nation wide now. The other now retired sob at Bama figured that out long ago for all positions.

• Like 2

On 6/11/2024 at 12:49 AM, aucanucktiger said:

Better thread title:

How Auburn has gone from one of the worst O lines on the field to, at this point, one of the best on paper.

Regardless of that, it’s apparent our former two coaches failed miserably in that department. If you don’t sign any, of course you’ll never know how they will turn out. HF can recruit, but my biggest question with him is teaching and coaching ability at this level. 

How would we rate our OL staff in developing players?  I honestly don't know.  Having bodies is obviously the start.  But I look at a place like TAMU who had really good OL on paper all the while the staff they had the most bizarrely complicated blocking schemes I've ever seen, couldn't call blocks at the line and they couldn't block anyone.  

On 6/11/2024 at 12:49 AM, aucanucktiger said:

Better thread title:

It is not best on paper.

2 hours ago, Auburn93 said:

It is not best on paper.

Could you explain? Are you ranking them or .....?

On 6/10/2024 at 11:49 PM, aucanucktiger said:

Better thread title:

Let’s see if Freeze and staff can coach these quality players.

so far it hasn’t happened 

• Dislike 1
  • Wow 1

On 6/14/2024 at 2:21 PM, JuscAUse! said:

Could you explain? Are you ranking them or .....?

You go first. Explain how two three stars on paper by 247 make it the best ever. How many guys are number one at their position nationally? Do we have ED KING or Ben T committed? I'm excited that we are currently ranked #6 overall by 247. Here we can aim for have one of the best recruiting class and yet the OP was that the OL is the best ever on paper. 

3 hours ago, Auburn93 said:

You go first. Explain how two three stars on paper by 247 make it the best ever. How many guys are number one at their position nationally? Do we have ED KING or Ben T committed? I'm excited that we are currently ranked #6 overall by 247. Here we can aim for have one of the best recruiting class and yet the OP was that the OL is the best ever on paper. 

I was serious, but you be you. I expect a certain amount of hyperbole on a fan site.  I'll move on. 

• Love 1

I’d like to hear an “off the record” reason why CGM quit signing guys. I refuse to believe he’s that incompetent in recruiting. Development and evolving as an offensive coach? Absolutely, but not in recruiting. 

1 hour ago, woodford said:

I’d like to hear an “off the record” reason why CGM quit signing guys. I refuse to believe he’s that incompetent in recruiting. Development and evolving as an offensive coach? Absolutely, but not in recruiting. 

Mostly threw all his recruiting in for certain 4/5 star lineman and once we lost the battle had no backup linemen being recruited if I recall correctly....

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Better thread title: One of the Two Reason why Auburn Lost Bo Nix to Oregon

(the 2nd reason, of course: Harsin)

😄

On 6/17/2024 at 12:58 PM, augolf1716 said:

Mostly threw all his recruiting in for certain 4/5 star lineman and once we lost the battle had no backup linemen being recruited if I recall correctly....

As I have oft used in sales…if you are only hunting the big elephant, you aren’t hunting correctly. You will soon starve. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Viper said:

As I have oft used in sales…if you are only hunting the big elephant, you aren’t hunting correctly. You will soon starve. 

dude no snake can take down an elephant...................

22 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

dude no snake can take down an elephant...................

Bro that’s why you pick the Tigers over the dumbass elephants.

Rlj5GY.gif

Edited by Viper

On 6/18/2024 at 2:33 PM, miscram6 said:

Better thread title: One of the Two Reason why Auburn Lost Bo Nix to Oregon

(the 2nd reason, of course: Harsin)

😄

The only reason I have heard him speak of is fans. 

On 6/17/2024 at 11:01 AM, LKEEL75 said:

This is a great start.  It all starts in the trenches.

Absolutely, I have been sating that for a few years

On 6/20/2024 at 12:39 PM, Viper said:

"Bulls make money, bears make money, pigs get slaughtered"

You can't get too greedy or have tunnel vision with an unwillingness to hunt small game in order to stay alive.