Way-Too-Early Top 10 College Basketball Teams 🏀

• Like 2
  • Love 2

I hope he's right about Auburn - and I sure do hope Auburn gets the better of Alabama this year.  While I would obviously love to see Auburn win a national title this year, it's a little bit concerning to think about how effectively they'll be able to rebuild the team next year with so many seniors on this team.  I guess Pearl can worry about that next year.

As an aside, there's a guy named Eric that sells BBQ out of a food truck on the side of HWY 49 near Dadeville.  Eric told my brother today that Bruce Pearl had stopped by in his Bentley convertible for a BBQ sandwich and chatted with him for a while.  Hope he earns his (very large) salary this year.

• Like 1

Yeah. Out of twelve scholarship players, ten are seniors (or grads) and 2 are highly rated freshmen which looks good for this year, but looks out of balance for a program. We have a senior coach and I'm sure he knows what he's doing. For some reason I feel we are a bit overrated. Hope I'm wrong as usual. WDE!!

• Like 1

I'm afraid we're looking at rosters like we did in the past. If you think it's been wild this year, wait til all the 4 star guys that sit the bench this year all over the country enter the portal next year. Entire rosters could change every year. Everything is new and different right now. 

• Like 1

If we do have a great year some of those 4* (maybe 5*) will be looking at Auburn next spring which could be part of CPB's plan.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, autan said:

Yeah. Out of twelve scholarship players, ten are seniors (or grads) and 2 are highly rated freshmen which looks good for this year, but looks out of balance for a program. We have a senior coach and I'm sure he knows what he's doing. For some reason I feel we are a bit overrated. Hope I'm wrong as usual. WDE!!

Honestly, I think Auburn has the potential to be a top 4 team. We have one of the most versatile lineups in the nation. Imagine having Pegues, Jones, CBM, Kelly and Broome on the floor at the same time. Who do you guard and how do you guard that lineup? You try and double team Broome, and you have 4 legit shooters on the perimeter in which one of them will be wide open. I think people are forgetting that Broome will be getting a lot of double teams and that’s why it was important to get someone like Miles Kelly.

• Like 1

CBP has pulled together IMO his best all around team ever. No, this is not a team loaded with the kind of star-luster talent of Kansas or Duke or UConn. But in terms of quality players 1 to 5, and depth, Auburn looks to be competitive.

That said, there are teams nationally and even in the SEC that have rosters loaded with much higher rated players. How does that work out? Do our guys take it as a challenge and play above their ratings and levels? Or does the talent advantage of other teams overwhelm Auburn?

I'm eager to see our Tigers in preseason OOC play. I'm hoping CBP can pull together an outstanding team. And hey, come tournament time, can CBP get past the first weekend? I hope so! WDE!

Gotta say 3 seems pretty high. I think we’ll be a really good team next year but top 5? I’d probably have us around top 15. Not sure I see us in title contention until I see these guys play some together. And top 5 to me means legit title contenders. Maybe I’m underselling the Pegues and Kelly signings. 

• Like 3

21 hours ago, AURex said:

CBP has pulled together IMO his best all around team ever. No, this is not a team loaded with the kind of star-luster talent of Kansas or Duke or UConn. But in terms of quality players 1 to 5, and depth, Auburn looks to be competitive.

That said, there are teams nationally and even in the SEC that have rosters loaded with much higher rated players. How does that work out? Do our guys take it as a challenge and play above their ratings and levels? Or does the talent advantage of other teams overwhelm Auburn?

I'm eager to see our Tigers in preseason OOC play. I'm hoping CBP can pull together an outstanding team. And hey, come tournament time, can CBP get past the first weekend? I hope so! WDE!

I’m hoping that our experience outdoes the talent on other teams. 

• Like 1