University of Texas & Lamborghinis for recruits

Really don't like where this is headed.  We used to joke about kids taking a pay cut to go to the NFL. It may be true before too long. The NFL has a salary cap:

5 minutes ago, Cardin Drake said:

Really don't like where this is headed.  We used to joke about kids taking a pay cut to go to the NFL. It may be true before too long. The NFL has a salary cap:

This won't end well.  How long before some 18 year old, 10 foot tall and bulletproof player kills someone or themselves hot rodding around.   Lambos are not toys.

26 minutes ago, Quietmaninthecorner said:

This won't end well.  How long before some 18 year old, 10 foot tall and bulletproof player kills someone or themselves hot rodding around.   Lambos are not toys.

I had that very thought.  UT is very liability conscious though, and I don't think they are stupid enough to let recruits take them on the road. 

Y'all be quiet, Boomers! 

Just jumping in before someone 30 years younger  does.....

I don't personally have a problem with this, but I wonder if we'll be asking ourselves in 50 years (or much less) if the SEC basically left half of its conference out to drown with inviting A&M, UT and even OU to a certain degree. I know the SEC doesn't really care about anything except money, but bringing 2 of the 5 biggest bags in the NCAA and a top 5 program all time in makes it pretty hard for say, South Carolina or Kentucky, to do much in comparison 

I'm not saying anything new, but we're definitely getting to a super league point in football where the fat (Vanderbilt, Kentucky, etc) will be cut off day 1. Hopefully, the guys that are in the middle pack (notably us, Tenn and Florida) continue to find ways to compete and not just be the next ones on the chopping block when that day comes. 

This is something that Sark did before as a recruiting event. The origins of the partnership are in this article. Gonna give it to Bijan cause he went out and pursued this NIL deal on his own.

https://www.on3.com/college/texas-longhorns/news/bijan-robinson-lamborghini-austin-deal-parternship-texas-longhorns-football-running-back-nil-name-image-likeness/