Caitlin Clark's Controversy, Kyrie Irving’s Return…

i hope you guys enjoy this.............BAD LANGUAGE for the sensitive types.

• WarTiger changed the title to Caitlin Clark's Controversy, Kyrie Irving’s Return…
  • 4 weeks later...

Watching Caitlin Clark today against Phoenix, she is limited by one thing: she has trouble creating her own shot, unlike in college where she took wide open shots all game long.

Once (if) she learns how to create her own shot at this level, look out.  If not, Angel Reese may win ROY.

1 hour ago, WillMunny said:

Watching Caitlin Clark today against Phoenix, she is limited by one thing:

It's too many turnovers. She is too loose with the ball

37 minutes ago, arein0 said:

It's too many turnovers. She is too loose with the ball

Yes, she is trying behind-the-back passes and similar stuff that she used to get away with in college. But she is also among the league leaders in assists, so I believe her turnover problems will pass once she gets fully acclimated to the smaller passing lanes at the pro level.

However, I'm not sure she will get much better at creating her own shot. She seems to lack the quickness and strength. Her own coach has said publicly that Clark needs to take more shots, and it looked today like she was trying to do that, but had trouble getting open. She shot only 4-of-14 from the field.

In college she was getting lots of wide open layups. Not so at the pro level.

Watched Caitlin Clark again last night. 

She led both teams in turnovers, shot only 4-12 overall, and only 1-7 three pointers.  She had a lot of trouble getting her shot off even though she had the ball in her hands most of the time and was guarded by only one defender.  Most of her points came off of fouls shots and layups.

I'm not a basketball analyst, but I don't see her living up to even half the hype that surrounds her unless she can develop more quickness and strength so she can create shots for herself.

1 hour ago, WillMunny said:

Watched Caitlin Clark again last night. 

She led both teams in turnovers, shot only 4-12 overall, and only 1-7 three pointers.  She had a lot of trouble getting her shot off even though she had the ball in her hands most of the time and was guarded by only one defender.  Most of her points came off of fouls shots and layups.

I'm not a basketball analyst, but I don't see her living up to even half the hype that surrounds her unless she can develop more quickness and strength so she can create shots for herself.

She's still a rookie. It is rare that a rookie is able to come in and continue to put up numbers like they did in college because the level of competition is much better. The biggest thing she needs to work on is cutting out the turnovers and get a little stronger. She should naturally adjust to the level of competition with more experience.