2024 NCAA Track & Field Championships

The men just finished in 2nd place, 1 point behind Florida. Came down to the last race(4x400) in which we did not field a team. Charamba, last year’s NC  in the event for DII Carson Newman, finished 5th in the 200m, .01 out of 4th. 4th would have given us 1 more point and tied UF, now winners of 3 in a row. Not quite sure but I believe everyone who scored a point in this meet will be back next year. The future of Auburn track is pretty bright I believe. And we still beat the turds 😀

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

al.com

Auburn wins 4x100 relay NCAA title, 2nd overall in team competition

Published: Jun. 08, 2024, 6:43 a.m.

~2 minutes

For the second time in as many weeks, Auburn has claimed a national championship.

The Auburn men’s 4x100 relay team won the national championship heat at the NCAA Championships Friday in Eugene, Oregon.

Auburn’s relay team of sophomore Azeem Fahmi, freshman Kanyinsola Ajayi, junior Dario Matau and junior Makanakaishe Charamba finished with a time of 38.03 to win the event.

The foursome is Auburn’s first men’s single-event track NCAA champion since Ty Akins in 2007. Auburn is now just shy of 25 men’s track individual event NCAA titles.

Auburn also went on to finish second in the overall team competition, one point behind the winner, Florida. That is tied for the second-best result in Auburn’s history. Auburn finished second or tied for second in 2003 and 2008.

Auburn’s women’s track and field team won the outdoor title in 2006.

Auburn has 23 team national championships after men’s golf won the NCAA title in late May. Men’s and women’s swim and dive are Auburn’s most decorated programs with 13 total combined NCAA team titles. Auburn’s equestrian team also has six national championships.

Freshman Ja’Kobe Tharp also finished second in the 110-meter hurdles.

Matt Cohen covers Auburn sports for AL.com. You can follow him on X at @Matt_Cohen_ or email him at mcohen@al.com

If you purchase a product or register for an account through a link on our site, we may receive compensation. By using this site, you consent to our User Agreement and agree that your clicks, interactions, and personal information may be collected, recorded, and/or stored by us and social media and other third-party partners in accordance with our Privacy Policy.

• Like 1

I admit, I have not kept up with Auburn's T&F. This is really amazing! WDE!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, augolf1716 said:

In less than two years Coach Leroy has turn track around

From what I have read almost everyone who scored points is returning. So a little improvement from existing track team and add a few new people and we have a legit shot at winning it all next year.

• Like 1