Tubs is such an embarrassment

2 hours ago, I_M4_AU said:

Again, focusing on the wrong thing.  Inflation is here and it started shortly after Biden took office (and I’m not blaming it on him with this statement).  How long did it take this administration to say it wasn’t transitory?  We went through 2 quarters of declining GDP, this administration changed the definition of recession to deny there was a problem.  Calling it Putinflation and blaming others hasn’t worked.

What has Joe done to lesson the burden of this inflation?  And has it worked?  Adding $billion of debt in the way of student loan releif I don’t think will do it.  Paying $7.5 billion fo 8 EV charging stations probably won’t do it.  What has he done that is a tough inflation beating tried and true inflation beater during this election year?

He did state the American people can handle it.  The ole Democrat moto of *its the economy stupid* is rearing its ugly head and Joe is on the wrong side of it.

You are so partisan that you would rather drive the country off a cliff than admit you have a very flawed candidate with no answers.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, SaltyTiger said:

I didn’t say no impact. I said little or minimal. Biden seems to not mind the tariffs.

https://www.politico.com/news/2024/05/15/biden-tariff-reaction-trump-00158043

Again, besides blaming about Biden - how would maga actually lower  inflation? 

Hate him or love him, watch the old Reagan debates - he pointed out exactly what was wrong and exactly how he would fix it.  With optimism - not Trumps substance-less end of times tirades. 

Edited by auburnatl1
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, auburnatl1 said:

Hate him or love him, watch the old Reagan debates - he pointed out exactly what was wrong and exactly how he would fix it.  With optimism - not Trumps substance-less end of times tirades. 

Trump lucked into good economic times even he couldn’t destroy in 4 years, although his deficits fueled future inflation. He’s go zero answers on the economy. None. Just exacerbate the problem.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
17 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

Trump lucked into good economic times even he couldn’t destroy in 4 years, although his deficits fueled future inflation. He’s go zero answers on the economy. None. Just exacerbate the problem.

From building a wall (Mexico paying or not), to “insurance for everybody”, to an infrastructure bill, to putting men back on the moon by 2024 - literally nothing.  Just blame. And with majorities in both houses for half of his term.  Just some quick and dirty EOs.

Again, a bitching whining culture.  Reagan would vomit. A never ending ragefest world of Trump Steaks thinking. I’ve never seen a bar for measuring actual solutions, actions, or success so ridiculously low.

Edited by auburnatl1
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, AU9377 said:

ONE candidate chose not to cooperate

So somehow this lets him off the hook?  Or was it Joe is too feeble and weak to stand trial? Not a good look for either candidate.

Which is worse; Fox Entertainment propaganda or MSNBC propaganda?

1 hour ago, auburnatl1 said:

I’m so lost. So the solution to inflation is cancelling student loan forgiveness and ev’s? (For different reasons I have a problem with student loan  issue). Those will marginally affect the budget but what does that have to with inflation?  Look at inflation globally - it’s in every single country.

Ps Trump not having a clue aside, there’s only one way high inflation has ever been brought down - raise interest rates to the point consumer demand goes down (what the feds been doing) and pray it doesn’t cause a recession.

You are getting near Leftfield’s hate when you can’t think for yourself.

Yes, those will only marginally affect the budget, but if you don’t even try the small stuff and refuse to believe there is even a problem, the problem will not be affected.  When you spend money (or give it away) and that money is not going toward strengthing the infrastructure in any meaningful way, it can contribute to inflation.

As to raising interests rates; yes, that is the best way to do it and now the mortgage rates have doubled since 2021.  I wonder if the feds will increase the rate from now until November?  My bet is not on your life.

1 hour ago, AU9377 said:

You are so partisan that you would rather drive the country off a cliff than admit you have a very flawed candidate with no answers.

This is what we are witnessing with Biden right now.  Somehow you can’t see it.  Its time for a change. Four more years of Biden/Harris and we will just be waiting at the bottom of the cliff at the site of the accident.

7 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

You are getting near Leftfield’s hate when you can’t think for yourself.

Yes, those will only marginally affect the budget, but if you don’t even try the small stuff and refuse to believe there is even a problem, the problem will not be affected.  When you spend money (or give it away) and that money is not going toward strengthing the infrastructure in any meaningful way, it can contribute to inflation.

As to raising interests rates; yes, that is the best way to do it and now the mortgage rates have doubled since 2021.  I wonder if the feds will increase the rate from now until November?  My bet is not on your life.

Yep, lost all ability to think for myself. So eliminating EVs subsidies magically lowers the cost of eggs? Got it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, auburnatl1 said:

Yep, lost all ability to think for myself. So eliminating EVs subsidies magically lowers the cost of eggs? Got it.

Again, if you don’t control everything that can contain inflation you’re not trying.  You’re only  whistling past the grave yard.  Do you think the feds will raise the interest rates between now and November?  Or will we just kick that can down the road?

The bird flu may affect the cost of eggs more than inflation.  Standby, the new emergency is just around the corner.

2 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

Again, if you don’t control everything that can contain inflation you’re not trying.  You’re only  whistling past the grave yard.  Do you think the feds will raise the interest rates between now and November?  Or will we just kick that can down the road?

The bird flu may affect the cost of eggs more than inflation.  Standby, the new emergency is just around the corner.

No idea what the fed will do. It all depends if consumer demand tapers off or not. And not sure what can would be kicked down the road that you’re asking about. 

The initial point was simply that it’s always much easier to blame (or just change bridge light colors) than to actually strategically fix. And I find maga fixates solely on the easier one.

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

1 hour ago, auburnatl1 said:

From building a wall (Mexico paying or not), to “insurance for everybody”, to an infrastructure bill, to putting men back on the moon by 2024 - literally nothing.  Just blame. And with majorities in both houses for half of his term.  Just some quick and dirty EOs.

Again, a bitching whining culture.  Reagan would vomit. A never ending ragefest world of Trump Steaks thinking. I’ve never seen a bar for measuring actual solutions, actions, or success so ridiculously low.

Trump would call Reagan a rino if he were alive and pushed back and they’d take his name off the airport in DC .

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
52 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

Trump would call Reagan a rino if he were alive and pushed back and they’d take his name off the airport in DC .

George Will abandoned the party for a reason. When you’re nominating Hershel walker, youre not trying to solve much.

Edited by auburnatl1
  • Like 3

48 minutes ago, auburnatl1 said:

George Will abandoned the party for a reason. When you’re nominating Hershel walker, youre not trying to solve much.

I had this discussion the other day with someone about the Senate race in 2 years in Georgia (Ossoff's seat).  The one potential candidate that could easily take that seat back for Republicans, the governor, is the candidate that MAGA loves to hate and alienate from the national party.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, I_M4_AU said:

So somehow this lets him off the hook?  Or was it Joe is too feeble and weak to stand trial? Not a good look for either candidate.

I don't watch either, but the degree to which Fox allows their hosts to drive what they call news is more like Jerry Springer than it is a serious attempt at broadcast journalism.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, AU9377 said:

I had this discussion the other day with someone about the Senate race in 2 years in Georgia (Ossoff's seat).  The one potential candidate that could easily take that seat back for Republicans, the governor, is the candidate that MAGA loves to hate and alienate from the national party.

Purple states are the only places left where traditional republicans have any impact or voice.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, I_M4_AU said:

Only one of those recently paid out almost a billion dollars for lying. But I’m sure that trial was rigged and had a conflicted judge. 😅

• Like 2

Just now, Gowebb11 said:

Only one of those recently paid out almost a billion dollars for lying. But I’m sure that trial was rigged and had a conflicted judge. 😅

Are they not both propaganda/entertainment?

• Facepalm 1

33 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

Are they not both propaganda/entertainment?

I believe they are. That’s why I’m perplexed how much gets blamed on the liberal media. When as you acknowledge, both sides are untrustworthy entertainment networks. 

• Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, Gowebb11 said:

I believe they are. That’s why I’m perplexed how much gets blamed on the liberal media. When as you acknowledge, both sides are untrustworthy entertainment networks. 

For me it goes back to 2017 and the Russia, Russia, Russia hoax.  There were Pulitzer Prizes handed out for the articles that were based on nothing.  For years MSNBC and WaPo among others that had the public convinced Trump was a Russian asset.  They uncovered innuendo after innuendo about Deutsche Bank and Trump or Trump and collusion, so much so I thought Trump was toast.

They were all wrong, not by much, but by a whole lot.  Why should I trust them now?  They (the liberal media) still won’t ask questions of Biden.  They ask only approved questions if submitted before hand during a press conference.  Is this the media we are supposed to trust?

Remeber the press conference after the Hur report came out?  He basically confirmed what Hur had written in his report of being a sympathetic old man with a failing memory, yet only a cover up from the left leaning media.

Did you see it differently?

The only thing we can do is listen to what each says and make our own decision about what is the truth.

• Facepalm 1

Did you see it differently?

Yes. I see two sides of the media, both of which are mouthpieces for their respective political parties and neither of which I consider to be legitimate news sources. 

The only thing we can do is listen to what each says and make our own decision about what is the truth.

Or do what I do. Accept neither and get legitimate news from other sources. I’m pretty sure I’m at least as well educated and informed on issues as the likes of Greg Gutfield, Don Lemon, Steve Doocy, and Rachel Maddow. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Gowebb11 said:

Nailed it. Fox News, CNN, and MSNBC are all clearly biased. It's all based on ratings. That's how TV works. 

But we sure as hell hear more about "fake news" from one side than the other. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, auburnatl1 said:

Biden is going to blamed by his opponents and especially in an election year. From everything I read Trump policies are inflationary yet in polls he is trusted more than Joe on economy/inflation. 

https://abcnews.go.com/Business/trump-trusted-biden-inflation-top-issue-voters-poll/story?id=110343680

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2024-05-17/trump-leads-biden-on-income-living-standards-election-2024-economy-scorecard

The thing I see amazing and disheartening is the difference in buying power of our generation in 80’s vs the like group today. You are correct about Reagan “optimism”. He could give you a good stable feeling.

18 hours ago, auburnatl1 said:

Hershel is on you folks in Georgia. In Alabama we were smart enough to elect the coach.

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, Gowebb11 said:

Yes. I see two sides of the media, both of which are mouthpieces for their respective political parties and neither of which I consider to be legitimate news sources. 

I wasn’t talking about the media’s interpretation of the press conference.  He actually confused the President of Mexico with the President of Egypt. He couldn’t, under his own pressure, remember the church is son Beau got his rosemary beads.  That’s is not spin from any media outlet, that is his own words for the American people to see.

11 hours ago, Gowebb11 said:

Or do what I do. Accept neither and get legitimate news from other sources.

A cop out if you don’t list those *legitimate sources*.  

1 hour ago, SaltyTiger said:

Hershel is on you folks in Georgia. In Alabama we were smart enough to elect the coach.

Huh? Trump forced him down the gops throats 

• Like 1