Tubs is such an embarrassment

Just now, Leftfield said:

Ooooo....clever.

I thought so, we all can be vague at times.

The point I was trying to make is that the trump/maga culture always fixates on the other guy.  The whole schtick is based on everything’s wrong and youre being screwed, we did nothing to cause it, and (here’s the important part) who to blame for it.   No accountability.

I’ve seen blame oriented cultures in other countries before.  Generally 3rd world. Sounds good and gives the masses some feel good raw meat.

But never actually solves anything. But at least they know who to blame. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, auburnatl1 said:

The point I was trying to make is that the trump/maga culture always fixates on the other guy.  The whole schtick is based on everything’s wrong and youre being screwed, we did nothing to cause it, and (here’s the important part) who to blame for it.   No accountability.

I’ve seen blame oriented cultures in other countries before.  Generally 3rd world. Sounds good and gives the masses some feel good raw meat.

But never actually solves anything. But at least they know who to blame. 

Biden’s whole campaign is fixated on the other guy.  Calling him a dictator to trying to put him in jail.  Doing things he is accusing Trump of doing if he is re-elected.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, auburnatl1 said:

trump/maga culture always fixates on the other guy.

Sorta pot meet kettle but jmo. Would say at least 75% of the topics on this board come from anti maga fixated on their opposition. Look at page 1 on Smack Talk today. 16 of 24 topics. Could be combined into one thread actually. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
17 minutes ago, SaltyTiger said:

Sorta pot meet kettle but jmo. Would say at least 75% of the topics on this board come from anti maga fixated on their opposition. Look at page 1 on Smack Talk today. 16 of 24 topics. Could be combined into one thread actually. 

Yes.   That is how the dance normally starts. But a Trump is a bad guy thread is different  than what I’m talking about. 

Edited by auburnatl1
  • Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, SaltyTiger said:

It’s amazing how many things they give one to be disgusted with, ain’t it? Trump’s strategy has always been to flood the zone with BS & outrage to normalize it.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, I_M4_AU said:

Biden’s whole campaign is fixated on the other guy.  Calling him a dictator to trying to put him in jail.  Doing things he is accusing Trump of doing if he is re-elected.

Ok. Let’s pick one topic for the heck of it: inflation. The big one right? All Biden’s fault. Not post covid consumer demand spikes, other countries manufacturing still in Covid lockdowns, or Ukraine implications. Nope, it’s all Biden fault.

So what would trump/maga do about it? Trump has shown a propensity to understand only one basic economic leverage concept - tariffs.  That, walls, blame, and I guess duct tape solves anything. Pretty simple world. Ok, everyone watch a 10 min video on intro to global economics. What you think the first pulverizing thing tariffs do to inflation? 

If I missed a magic idea trump has to fix it, please share it with me.  Besides fault

• Like 2

2 hours ago, auburnatl1 said:

Yes.   That is how the dance normally starts. But a Trump is a bad guy thread is different  than what I’m talking about. 

I fail to see how it is different.

21 minutes ago, SaltyTiger said:

Many threads aren’t necessarily about Trump but the BS he fosters and festers— which requires devotees enabling, excusing and minimizing.

Newsflash— Trump is running for President. Trump dominates the Republican Party. Trump dictates republican agendas. He’s the single most influential party leader ever in America. He demands and receives attention. Acting like it’s just folks who don’t like him unnecessarily focusing on him is either disingenuous or clueless.

• Thanks 2

5 hours ago, I_M4_AU said:

So Biden is trying to put Trump in jail?  You honestly believe that Biden controls the special counsel that indicted him in D.C. and Florida?  Should Trump be above the law?

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, auburnatl1 said:

Ok. Let’s pick one topic for the heck of it: inflation. The big one right? All Biden’s fault. Not post covid consumer demand spikes, other countries manufacturing still in Covid lockdowns, or Ukraine implications. Nope, it’s all Biden fault.

So what would trump/maga do about it? Trump has shown a propensity to understand only one basic economic leverage concept - tariffs.  That, walls, blame, and I guess duct tape solves anything. Pretty simple world. Ok, everyone watch a 10 min video on intro to global economics. What you think the first pulverizing thing tariffs do to inflation? 

If I missed a magic idea trump has to fix it, please share it with me.  Besides fault

I'm still waiting on that perfect health care plan that never was.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, SaltyTiger said:

And why do you suppose it's that way, Salty?

3 hours ago, auburnatl1 said:

Post Covid inflation wouldn't have happened if Trump had won........er, I mean hadn't had the election stolen from him.  ;)

1 hour ago, SaltyTiger said:

That sounds sort of "clueless" Salty. 

• Facepalm 1

2 hours ago, homersapien said:

Post Covid inflation wouldn't have happened if Trump had won........er, I mean hadn't had the election stolen from him.  ;)

Who has said that? Go ahead and search this forum or the reverent forum  for a topic regarding it. 

• Haha 1
  • Wow 1

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, auburnatl1 said:

All Biden’s fault.

Who said that?  

With tariffs we find many different views on the inflation effects. From my understanding the Trump tariffs have little effect on inflation. Didn’t Biden leave them in place.

Edited by SaltyTiger

25 minutes ago, SaltyTiger said:

Who said that?  

With tariffs we find many different views on the inflation effects. From my understanding the Trump tariffs have little effect on inflation. Didn’t Biden leave them in place.

How can tariffs not impact inflation?  Youre paying  more for imports.  It’s classic local manufacturing/wage protectionism (good part). With inflation consequences (bad part).  Ironically, it’s historically been a tool used by liberal administrations. 

15 hours ago, auburnatl1 said:

Again, focusing on the wrong thing.  Inflation is here and it started shortly after Biden took office (and I’m not blaming it on him with this statement).  How long did it take this administration to say it wasn’t transitory?  We went through 2 quarters of declining GDP, this administration changed the definition of recession to deny there was a problem.  Calling it Putinflation and blaming others hasn’t worked.

What has Joe done to lesson the burden of this inflation?  And has it worked?  Adding $billion of debt in the way of student loan releif I don’t think will do it.  Paying $7.5 billion fo 8 EV charging stations probably won’t do it.  What has he done that is a tough inflation beating tried and true inflation beater during this election year?

He did state the American people can handle it.  The ole Democrat moto of *its the economy stupid* is rearing its ugly head and Joe is on the wrong side of it.

13 hours ago, AU9377 said:

So Biden is trying to put Trump in jail?  You honestly believe that Biden controls the special counsel that indicted him in D.C. and Florida?  Should Trump be above the law?

Yes, he is going after his chief political rival for thing he has done himself (hoarding documents) as an example.  I know you will say there is no evidence of this, but the world sees it differently.

Just like Hunter and the gun case, if his name wasn’t Trump the NY case would have never happened and when the verdict came in, Biden was one of the first to call his political opponent a convicted felon.  He even called a press conference at the White House to talk about it, but someone in his admin actually thought that was a bad idea.  Almost sounds like a Banana Republic doesn’t it?

10 hours ago, auburnatl1 said:

How can tariffs not impact inflation?  Youre paying  more for imports.  It’s classic local manufacturing/wage protectionism (good part). With inflation consequences (bad part).  Ironically, it’s historically been a tool used by liberal administrations. 

I didn’t say no impact. I said little or minimal. Biden seems to not mind the tariffs.

https://www.politico.com/news/2024/05/15/biden-tariff-reaction-trump-00158043

11 hours ago, SaltyTiger said:

Who has said that? Go ahead and search this forum or the reverent forum  for a topic regarding it.

Surely, you - of all people - can recognize satire coming from me.  :-\

Again, focusing on the wrong thing.  Inflation is here and it started shortly after Biden took office (and I’m not blaming it on him with this statement).  How long did it take this administration to say it wasn’t transitory?  We went through 2 quarters of declining GDP, this administration changed the definition of recession to deny there was a problem.  Calling it Putinflation and blaming others hasn’t worked.

What has Joe done to lesson the burden of this inflation?  And has it worked?  Adding $billion of debt in the way of student loan releif I don’t think will do it.  Paying $7.5 billion fo 8 EV charging stations probably won’t do it.  What has he done that is a tough inflation beating tried and true inflation beater during this election year?

He did state the American people can handle it.  The ole Democrat moto of *its the economy stupid* is rearing its ugly head and Joe is on the wrong side of it.

I’m so lost. So the solution to inflation is cancelling student loan forgiveness and ev’s? (For different reasons I have a problem with student loan  issue). Those will marginally affect the budget but what does that have to with inflation?  Look at inflation globally - it’s in every single country.

Ps Trump not having a clue aside, there’s only one way high inflation has ever been brought down - raise interest rates to the point consumer demand goes down (what the feds been doing) and pray it doesn’t cause a recession.

Yes, he is going after his chief political rival for thing he has done himself (hoarding documents) as an example.  I know you will say there is no evidence of this, but the world sees it differently.

Just like Hunter and the gun case, if his name wasn’t Trump the NY case would have never happened and when the verdict came in, Biden was one of the first to call his political opponent a convicted felon.  He even called a press conference at the White House to talk about it, but someone in his admin actually thought that was a bad idea.  Almost sounds like a Banana Republic doesn’t it?

This is nothing more than Fox entertainment propaganda.  Biden has no control of the NY case.  His DOJ, as you call it, chose not to prosecute that case.  Why is that so hard for you to admit?  His DOJ appointed a Special Counsel to investigate the documents cases.  ONE candidate chose not to cooperate.  His name is Trump.