Tubs is such an embarrassment

1 hour ago, TexasTiger said:

Anybody who blinks or closes their eyes to pray or think is at risk of having a photo taken and a duplicitous moron claiming their were “practically asleep” at an event where they actually was very engaged.

Tubs is so bought in to right wing media that he cannot stop himself.  It is pathetic, but plays well with some in Alabama.

• Like 4

26 minutes ago, AU9377 said:

Tubs is so bought in to right wing media that he cannot stop himself.  It is pathetic, but plays well with some in Alabama.

Lying BS plays exceptionally well there. A culture built on delusion.

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

Lying BS plays exceptionally well there. A culture built on delusion.

I would suggest it’s a culture based on cynicism.   Frustration and mistrust has festered into some pretty dark stuff . Besides the evangelical layer, it really doesn’t believe in much. Much more about being against everything than being for anything. And focuses on our dark side. Looks backwards and not forwards. Visionless. 

Not the best of us.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

8 minutes ago, auburnatl1 said:

I would suggest it’s a culture based on cynicism.   Frustration and mistrust has festered into some pretty dark stuff . Besides the evangelical layer, it really doesn’t believe in much. Much more about being against everything than being for anything. And focuses on our dark side. Looks backwards and not forwards. Visionless. 

Not the best of us.

It's the "don't tell us what to do" while we tell you how to live crowd.  They hate everything from zoning to property taxes, but have no answers for what to do when someone moves a 30 year old trailer next door or a school's roof is falling in.  It is so difficult to explain to someone that has never lived in the deep South.  Some of the most caring people in the world, on a personal level are kind and would give the shirt off their back to keep a stranger warm, are the same people that push back against any idea that involves change.  The "us vs them" has been an underlying theme for over a century, but it is now being used to galvanize people into competing factions like never before.

• Like 2

hopefully when wingnut gets voted out of office he can goto disneyland and play the part of dumbo wid dem ears...........apologies to dumbo.

23 minutes ago, auburnatl1 said:

Not the best of us.

this might surprise you since i am so sweet but i have been threatened a few times by maga's. one dude said he would catch me out and kill me dead when i least expected it. there is a special place in hell for most trumpers..........

• Like 1

Just now, AU9377 said:

It's the "don't tell us what to do" while we tell you how to live crowd.  They hate everything from zoning to property taxes, but have no answers for what to do when someone moves a 30 year old trailer next door or a school's roof is falling in.  It is so difficult to explain to someone that has never lived in the deep South.  Some of the most caring people in the world, on a personal level are kind and would give the shirt off their back to keep a stranger warm, are the same people that push back against any idea that involves change.  The "us vs them" has been an underlying theme for over a century, but it is now being used to galvanize people into competing factions like never before.

Perfectly said.  However, in their defense I would suggest that many of the lower middle class have been ignored for decades. They’re not poor enough to focus on and not rich enough to be relevant. At the same time they’ve taken the brunt and sacrifice of several foreign wars - the consequence of a volunteer military who recruits those who need a job.

In some ways society has reaped what we’ve sowed - maga.  There is no longer really a “Labor Party”. And a massive demographic is pissed and have coalesced into a comfort zone conspiracy culture. 

And the trumps, mtg’s, and tuberville’s of the world have taken  full advantage.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

Just now, auburnatl1 said:

Perfectly said.  However, in their defense I would suggest that many of the lower middle class have been ignored for decades. They’re not poor enough to focus on and not rich enough to be relevant. At the same time they’ve taken the brunt and sacrifice of several foreign wars - the consequence of a volunteer military who recruits those who need a job.

In some ways society has reaped what we’ve sowed - maga.  There is no longer really a “Labor Party”. And a massive demographic is pissed and have coalesced into a comfort zone conspiracy culture. 

And the trumps, mtg’s, and tuberville’s of the world have taken  full advantage.

Many of MAGA elements were there, but Wallace did seem to actually care about improving the lot/education of working class people.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, auburnatl1 said:

winner winner chicken dinner! i am turning into a huge fan................

13 hours ago, auburnatl1 said:

Same thing that Reagan did 40 years ago. Push them till they financially collapse or come to the treaty table.  Right now they would be rewarded for their aggression. Theres nothing subtle about the stakes here.

It shocks me how some conservatives go all bad a$$ about Israel/crusades stuff  but go running for the woods with an actual Russian invasion slaughtering whole towns. Not exactly the greatest generation. Ps of course Ukraine has issues with corruption - they were part of the Soviet Union for 2 generations.  It takes time. Theyre begging to become a mature democracy.  This is what the  US (before we got jaded by Iraq and Afghanistan) used to stand for. 

I am all for limiting Russian aggression, the unending financing of this endeavor is what got us in trouble in Afghanistan isn’t it?  There was no exit strategy in that war and it cost us 20 years of conflict.

It is telling that you, as an independent, think being bad a$$ about Israel is some how controversial.  Biden, your preferred candidate, spoke on D-Day about the conflict in Ukraine and compared it to the heroes that fought the Nazi regime on the beaches on Normandy.  He went on to say alliances were just as important today as it was 80 years ago, again referring to WWII.  He mentioned we should not allow a bully to win in their endeavor.  May I remind you that the Nazi regime, in part, wanted the elimination of the Jewish people which is that same goal of Hamas.  Yet Biden and a lot of Dems overlook this detail in supporting the pro-Hamas section of his base.

Compare that with the conflict between Israel and Hamas.  He is completely satisfied to allow a bully (Hamas) to win by pressuring Israel to capitulate to Hamas and let them win.  He is quite willing to allow people that bully their way into the US to stay here without pushing back in any way and, in fact, incentifying these bullies to keep coming without deterrents.  Once in the US some of these bullies are demanding more and more because of the sheer numbers he has let in.

We just have to wait to see how the Ukraine conflict works out, I hope it doesn’t take 20 years just for us to sneak out as we did in Afghanistan.

Posted (edited)
18 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

I am all for limiting Russian aggression, the unending financing of this endeavor is what got us in trouble in Afghanistan isn’t it?  There was no exit strategy in that war and it cost us 20 years of conflict.

It is telling that you, as an independent, think being bad a$$ about Israel is some how controversial.  Biden, your preferred candidate, spoke on D-Day about the conflict in Ukraine and compared it to the heroes that fought the Nazi regime on the beaches on Normandy.  He went on to say alliances were just as important today as it was 80 years ago, again referring to WWII.  He mentioned we should not allow a bully to win in their endeavor.  May I remind you that the Nazi regime, in part, wanted the elimination of the Jewish people which is that same goal of Hamas.  Yet Biden and a lot of Dems overlook this detail in supporting the pro-Hamas section of his base.

Compare that with the conflict between Israel and Hamas.  He is completely satisfied to allow a bully (Hamas) to win by pressuring Israel to capitulate to Hamas and let them win.  He is quite willing to allow people that bully their way into the US to stay here without pushing back in any way and, in fact, incentifying these bullies to keep coming without deterrents.  Once in the US some of these bullies are demanding more and more because of the sheer numbers he has let in.

We just have to wait to see how the Ukraine conflict works out, I hope it doesn’t take 20 years just for us to sneak out as we did in Afghanistan.

Again, I lived in Israel (probably 25% of my  Facebook friends are Israelis) and FULLY support them.  My issue is that their current policy will screw up far more than it will fix  in the long term -  while pointlessly/unethically generating a massive civilian Gaza body count (guaranteeing even more radical Muslims in the coming decade). IMO It’s self destructive moronic.

Why is so hard to understand that it is possible to both 1) support and disagree with Israel (that’s how any good marriage works), AND also support a democratic European Ukraine who is being existentially invaded by a dictator bent on Attila the Hun conquest (and might just be getting  warmed up on invasions)?

Edited by auburnatl1
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

8 minutes ago, auburnatl1 said:

Again, I lived in Israel (probably 25% of my  Facebook friends are Israelis) and FULLY support them.  My issue is that their current policy will screw up far more than it will fix  in the long term -  while pointlessly/unethically generating a massive civilian Gaza body count (guaranteeing even more radical Muslims in the coming decade). IMO It’s self destructive moronic.

Why is so hard to understand that it is possible to both 1) support and disagree with Israel (that’s how any good marriage works), AND also support a democratic European Ukraine who is being existentially invaded by a dictator bent on Attila the Hun conquest (and might just be getting  warmed up on conquest)?

I can tell you that Germany, Japan and Italy do not feel that the total conquest of their country somehow has tainted them toward the allied front.  I believe the people of those countries came to believe their leadership was leading them in the wrong direction.

Iran, Hamas, Hezbollah et al death to Israel and death to America countries will alway be radical and any action that America takes will not change that one bit.  It is, in reality, giving in to the terrorists to believe it will.  Appeasement seldom works in the ME.

You can support Israel, but Biden is undermining Israel at the same time.  He is sowing doubt in Israel’s population and offering a cease fire with Hamas remaining in power.  A non starter as it should be.

What would be a good exit strategy for the Ukraine conflict?  Obama gave away some parts of Ukraine back in 2014.  Does Ukraine control what would be acceptable or does Biden’s ego drive this thing? 

Posted (edited)
46 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

I can tell you that Germany, Japan and Italy do not feel that the total conquest of their country somehow has tainted them toward the allied front.  I believe the people of those countries came to believe their leadership was leading them in the wrong direction.

Iran, Hamas, Hezbollah et al death to Israel and death to America countries will alway be radical and any action that America takes will not change that one bit.  It is, in reality, giving in to the terrorists to believe it will.  Appeasement seldom works in the ME.

You can support Israel, but Biden is undermining Israel at the same time.  He is sowing doubt in Israel’s population and offering a cease fire with Hamas remaining in power.  A non starter as it should be.

What would be a good exit strategy for the Ukraine conflict?  Obama gave away some parts of Ukraine back in 2014.  Does Ukraine control what would be acceptable or does Biden’s ego drive this thing? 

You are an American who disagrees with the current leadership. Both can be and are true. Same can be true with Israel - if we disagree with their current policy and believe if it puts them further risk, are we  really “undermining them”?

With regards to Ukraine, Putin’s bet is that Trump/maga win the election and we fold.  Their economy is cracking due to the sanctions and sheer cost of the war (their economy today is no bigger than Brazils).  If Biden wins imo Putin will bail and try to negotiate a cease fire within 3-6 months.  It is a major reason I (very begrudgingly) prefer Biden - Trump is Putin’s entire strategy for winning.

Edited by auburnatl1
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, auburnatl1 said:

With regards to Ukraine, Putin’s bet is that Trump/maga win the election and we fold.

Total BS.  May I remind you Putin didn’t invade Ukraine until Trump was out of office..

38 minutes ago, auburnatl1 said:

With regards to Ukraine, Putin’s bet is that Trump/maga win the election and we fold.

Was this his strategy when he first invaded Ukraine?  I don’t think so.  Will it come to pass, maybe, we will have to see.

40 minutes ago, auburnatl1 said:

Their economy is cracking due to the sanctions and sheer cost of the war

And USC will wilt under the humidity in the Deep South when they play Auburn.   So now the sanctions are working?  China is still getting fuel from Russia and they have created an alliance.

43 minutes ago, auburnatl1 said:

If Biden wins imo Putin will bail and try to negotiate a cease fire within 3-6 months.

Why should Putin negotiate, what pressure will Biden exert that he already hasn’t?  Putin doesn’t care how many people he loses, its the Russian (and Hamas) way of fighting.  Put pressure on the American public to stop the conflict, its worked since the Viet Nam War.

48 minutes ago, auburnatl1 said:

if we disagree with their current policy and believe if it puts them further risk, are we  really “undermining them”?

To add to the above; if we openly call for the removal of a duly elected PM, as Schumer did on th Senate floor, and publicize peace negotiations without the consent of Israel; you better believe we are undermining them.

4 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

Total BS.  May I remind you Putin didn’t invade Ukraine until Trump was out of office..

Was this his strategy when he first invaded Ukraine?  I don’t think so.  Will it come to pass, maybe, we will have to see.

And USC will wilt under the humidity in the Deep South when they play Auburn.   So now the sanctions are working?  China is still getting fuel from Russia and they have created an alliance.

Why should Putin negotiate, what pressure will Biden exert that he already hasn’t?  Putin doesn’t care how many people he loses, its the Russian (and Hamas) way of fighting.  Put pressure on the American public to stop the conflict, its worked since the Viet Nam War.

There’s so many things wrong with this I don’t know where to start - so let’s just try your 1st point - Putin’s timing for the invasion (who was president was irrelevant). Please read up on issues first before you go off.

image.thumb.png.28932506d973a6551ff32ba8fccbfa48.png

2 hours ago, I_M4_AU said:

How on earth can you believe that "he is completely satisfied to allow a bully (Hamas) win by pressuring Israel to capitulate to Hamas....?"  That is absolutely without any factual basis whatsoever.  That is the opposite of what he has actually said and done.  Whoever you are listening to that is selling that line of thinking, you should run from.   Biden has called for the complete destruction of Hamas and has pledged support for Israel time and time again.  Support doesn't mean that you can never question the ally that you support or that you cannot seek out a peace deal.

There is literally nothing the man  could do that you all won't take and twist it for political gain... nothing.

• Love 1

16 minutes ago, auburnatl1 said:

There’s so many things wrong with this I don’t know where to start - so let’s just try your 1st point - Putin’s timing for the invasion (who was president was irrelevant). Please read up on issues first before you go off.

image.thumb.png.28932506d973a6551ff32ba8fccbfa48.png

Explain how this is relevant when Russia invaded Ukraine in Feb of 2022.

7 minutes ago, AU9377 said:

How on earth can you believe that "he is completely satisfied to allow a bully (Hamas) win by pressuring Israel to capitulate to Hamas....?"  That is absolutely without any factual basis whatsoever.  That is the opposite of what he has actually said and done.  Whoever you are listening to that is selling that line of thinking, you should run from.   Biden has called for the complete destruction of Hamas and has pledged support for Israel time and time again.  Support doesn't mean that you can never question the ally that you support or that you cannot seek out a peace deal.

There is literally nothing the man  could do that you all won't take and twist it for political gain... nothing.

Negotiating to leave Hamas in power is NOT supporting Israel.   You can’t spin that into something that is other than supporting Hamas.  Why does he not go after Hamas leadership in Quatar?  Why is it always Israel that has to capitulate?

31 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

Total BS.  May I remind you Putin didn’t invade Ukraine until Trump was out of office.

And once again, it was advantageous for him not to at that time. Trump was doing Putin's work for him by weakening NATO. His whole fear was that Ukraine would become part of NATO, so why make a move if Trump might exit it? When Biden was elected, he knew Biden would never leave NATO. That, coupled with what @auburnatl1posted, meant that he had to move before Ukraine could become a member (though obviously I disagree with him on who was President being irrelevant).

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, I_M4_AU said:

Negotiating to leave Hamas in power is NOT supporting Israel.  

He's not negotiating to leave Hamas in power. He's negotiating to stop the attacks so more innocent Palestinians aren't killed. You are not going to be able to kill every member of Hamas. You just aren't, so the best way to "fight" them is to isolate them politically with world support. Israel had that support at the start. Unfortunately, with every Palestinian civilian killed, the world pulls further away.

5 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

Why does he not go after Hamas leadership in Quatar?  

Has Qatar given him permission to do that?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Leftfield said:

And once again, it was advantageous for him not to at that time. Trump was doing Putin's work for him by weakening NATO. His whole fear was that Ukraine would become part of NATO, so why make a move if Trump might exit it? When Biden was elected, he knew Biden would never leave NATO. That, coupled with what @auburnatl1posted, meant that he had to move before Ukraine could become a member (though obviously I disagree with him on who was President being irrelevant).

Weaking  NATO?  Trump got the NATO nations to pony up, which was his criticism of them.  Trump would not have left NATO and that had nothing to do with Russia invading Ukraine IMO.  There is a far cry from America never leaving NATO and that being the reason to invade another country.  That doesn’t even make sense.

As soon as Putin saw the surrender of Afghanistan and Biden’s agreement to let Russia complete Nord Stream 2 so Russia could deliver gas to Europe without going through Ukraine (all Biden’s policies) the deal was done.  It is a simple as that.  It is also funny that Biden subsequently blew up the Nord Stream 2 pipeline as retaliation.  The man truly is an idiot.

Did I mention Russia positioned troops along the Ukrainian border and out current president did nothing or even mention it as a threat.  He also said as long as its a small invasion it would be alright.

Just now, I_M4_AU said:

Did I mention Russia positioned troops along the Ukrainian border and out current president did nothing or even mention it as a threat.  He also said as long as it’s a small invasion it would be alright.

Why are you struggling with facts like this?  If you don’t remember please watch word for word and tell me where the disconnect is.

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Leftfield said:

He's not negotiating to leave Hamas in power. He's negotiating to stop the attacks so more innocent Palestinians aren't killed. You are not going to be able to kill every member of Hamas. You just aren't, so the best way to "fight" them is to isolate them politically with world support. Israel had that support at the start. Unfortunately, with every Palestinian civilian killed, the world pulls further away.

Has Qatar given him permission to do that?

His negotiations will leave Hamas in power.  Is it that hard to know that Hamas counts on Palestinian being killed to garner the sympathy they desire?  That is why thy are hiding ammo and arms among its citizens which, by the way, is a war crime.  If Hamas is eliminated, maybe the Palestinians could be saved.

Why wouldn’t they give permission?

54 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

To add to the above; if we openly call for the removal of a duly elected PM, as Schumer did on th Senate floor, and publicize peace negotiations without the consent of Israel; you better believe we are undermining them.

If we only had Jared Kushner and his Saudi buds negotiating middle east peace.....

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, auburnatl1 said:

Why are you struggling with facts like this?  If you don’t remember please watch word for word and tell me where the disconnect is.

He says this *days* before Russia invaded, DAYS.  Russia was building up troops on the border for months.  It like know there is a border crisis at our southern border and not doing anything until 5 month before the election and that something amounts to nothing.

One weak SOB.  Hindsight is 20/20, we need a president that can see developments before it happens.

• Haha 1