Tubs is such an embarrassment

al.com

Tommy Tuberville says Putin ‘doesn’t want’ Ukraine: ‘He’s got enough land of his own’

Published: Jun. 06, 2024, 7:55 a.m.

3–4 minutes

Sen. Tommy Tuberville, R-Ala., speaks during the Conservative Political Action Conference, CPAC 2024, at the National Harbor in Oxon Hill, Md., Thursday, Feb. 22, 2024. (AP Photo/Jose Luis Magana)AP

By

William Thornton | wthornton@al.com

Alabama U.S. Sen. Tommy Tuberville says Ukraine President Volodymyr Zelenskyy is a “dictator” while Vladimir Putin only “wants to make sure he doesn’t have United States weapons in Ukraine pointing at Moscow.”

Tuberville, speaking Wednesday on Steve Bannon’s “War Room,” claimed Putin had no interest in Ukraine.

“How many clips have you seen of a battle in Ukraine? Zero in the last 6, 7, 8 months? It’s one-sided. Putin’s just kind of sitting back watching what’s going on, wondering, ‘Hey, when y’all going to come over and we’ll draw a line here,’” Tuberville said.

“He doesn’t want Ukraine. He doesn’t want Europe. Hell, he’s got enough land of his own. He just wants to make sure he doesn’t have United States weapons in Ukraine pointing at Moscow.”

New Hampshire Democratic Sen. Jeanne Shaheen was critical of Tuberville’s statement.

Shaheen said, “It’s a scary state of affairs when a U.S. Senator, who sits on the Armed Services Committee, would rather spew Russian propaganda than listen to our U.S. intelligence.”

It has been more than two years since Putin launched an invasion of Ukraine, which he said was to protect ethnic Russians, prevent Kyiv’s NATO membership and to keep it in Russia’s “sphere of influence.”

In May, Russia launched a new offensive in the northeastern region of Kharkiv, capturing a string of villages and opening a new front in the war.

Putin on Wednesday warned that Russia could provide long-range weapons to other countries so that they could strike Western targets. That threat came after NATO allies said they would allow Ukraine to use weapons they deliver to Kyiv to attack Russian territory.

Biden countered Putin’s threat with an insistence that Washington has imposed restrictions on how Ukraine can use American-supplied weapons inside Russia.

“We’re not talking about giving (Ukraine) weapons to strike Moscow, to strike the Kremlin,” Biden told ABC News during an interview that aired Thursday.

Efforts to reach Tuberville’s office for comment were not immediately successful.

The Associated Press contributed to this report.

$5,000 reward offered in Montgomery triple homicide at Hispanic grocery store

Birmingham police on the scene of shooting at Jefferson County Family Court

Talladega man sought in connection with Anniston shooting death

Birmingham man shot on motorcycle in ‘targeted’ North Titusville homicide identified

Whataburger opening new location in northeast Alabama

If you purchase a product or register for an account through a link on our site, we may receive compensation. By using this site, you consent to our User Agreement and agree that your clicks, interactions, and personal information may be collected, recorded, and/or stored by us and social media and other third-party partners in accordance with our Privacy Policy.

• Like 1

He’s such a total idiot. And Alabama proved it was hopeless for the indefinite future when it elected him over Doug Jones.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Dislike 1

1 hour ago, homersapien said:

I doubt he could find Ukraine - or Russia - on a globe.

He would recognize a round globe. Just flat maps and still couldn’t find it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

You would think a US senator would be better educated about world events than a typical person who doesn't follow the news, but Tommy Tuberville proves again, and again, and again that that's not true. 

These are the people who are running our nation and making critical decisions for out future....and it's very scary. 

• Like 2

I just don't get the disdain for Ukraine and the implied support for Putin that comes with it. 

Does it simply go back to Trump and his bad experience in trying to bribe Ukraine for dirt on the Bidens?

What else could it be?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TexasTiger said:

He would recognize a round globe. Just flat maps and still couldn’t find it.

Yep, that whole round earth, international stuff is kinda complicated.

image.jpeg.d8d6723c9150e72fe34ec89f7f0b0924.jpeg

i know now why they call tubs wingnut............

1 hour ago, TexasTiger said:

Thanks for the primer.  Ps Steve probably never studied the language consequences of the Norman invasion.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, SaltyTiger said:

https://yellowhammernews.com/tuberville-takes-picture-of-biden-asleep-during-d-day-ceremony/

“I took this photo of [Joe Biden] practically ASLEEP during a ceremony honoring our WWII heroes,” Tuberville said. “Joe Biden continues to be an EMBARRASSMENT to our country.”

You ought to be ashamed of yourself.

1 minute ago, TexasTiger said:

You ought to be ashamed of yourself.

For reading Yellowhammer? Has some good stuff at times.

• Dislike 1

15 minutes ago, SaltyTiger said:

For reading Yellowhammer? Has some good stuff at times.

For sharing hateful bull****.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, TexasTiger said:

For sharing hateful bull****.

Lot a hateful BS shared here. Actually thought it would fit in. US Senator has nothing more to share about the event than crap. 

Thank you Senator. I hate what is happening in Ukraine but their leadership is corrupt and we are just feeding it. I have some wonderful Ukranian friends who agree.

• Dislike 1

8 hours ago, TexasTiger said:

He’s such a total idiot. And Alabama proved it was hopeless for the indefinite future when it elected him over Doug Jones.

I will file that as a win for my side. I put my $$$ and my words/actions with Jones.

Posted (edited)
29 minutes ago, Son of A Tiger said:

Thank you Senator. I hate what is happening in Ukraine but their leadership is corrupt and we are just feeding it. I have some wonderful Ukranian friends who agree.

So the solution is to let a country trying to transition  to a democracy be gobbled up by an invading dictatorship (with nukes pointed at us)  - gaining more population and area. Becoming even more emboldened and formidable.

Yep, thanks senator. Im sure he’s captain of the maga chess team. Ps yes Tubby, Russia is a massive country - but how much of the land is capable of agriculture? It’s the friggin tundra.  Get out a map - it’s the whole latitudes stuff.

Edited by auburnatl1
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, auburnatl1 said:

So the solution is to let a country trying to transition  to a democracy be gobbled up by an invading dictatorship (with nukes pointed at us)  - gaining more population and area. Becoming even more emboldened and formidable.

Yep, thanks senator. Im sure he’s captain of the maga chess team. Ps yes Tubby, Russia is a massive country - but how much of the land is capable of agriculture? It’s the friggin tundra.  Get out a map - it’s the whole latitudes stuff.

It is a heartbreaking situation. If the U.S. and NATO wanted to really save Ukraine they should have gone all out to start with. Now the country is a shambles and tons of people killed. Russia already controls Crimea and could take the rest if they really wanted to. So should we continue to throw money at a hopeless cause and then do as we so often do spend billions to rebuild the country and back to square one. What do you suggest we do at this point?

• Facepalm 1

10 minutes ago, Son of A Tiger said:

It is a heartbreaking situation. If the U.S. and NATO wanted to really save Ukraine they should have gone all out to start with. Now the country is a shambles and tons of people killed. Russia already controls Crimea and could take the rest if they really wanted to. So should we continue to throw money at a hopeless cause and then do as we so often do spend billions to rebuild the country and back to square one. What do you suggest we do at this point?

Same thing that Reagan did 40 years ago. Push them till they financially collapse or come to the treaty table.  Right now they would be rewarded for their aggression. Theres nothing subtle about the stakes here.

It shocks me how some conservatives go all bad a$$ about Israel/crusades stuff  but go running for the woods with an actual Russian invasion slaughtering whole towns. Not exactly the greatest generation. Ps of course Ukraine has issues with corruption - they were part of the Soviet Union for 2 generations.  It takes time. Theyre begging to become a mature democracy.  This is what the  US (before we got jaded by Iraq and Afghanistan) used to stand for. 

• Like 4

37 minutes ago, Son of A Tiger said:

So you would have been in favor of escalating the fighting into an expansive war?  We do know now the actual state of Russia's military.  Their strengths and many weaknesses.  Russia should not be rewarded by our abandoning Ukraine.

• Like 5

10 hours ago, SaltyTiger said:

Lot a hateful BS shared here. Actually thought it would fit in. US Senator has nothing more to share about the event than crap. 

And what are you trying to share?  Do you approve of Tuberville's action?

(And did you notice Macron's wife was also "asleep" in that photo?)

10 hours ago, Son of A Tiger said:

That qualifies as the most clueless MAGA post of the year. 

• Like 1
  • Dislike 1

3 minutes ago, homersapien said:

And what are you trying to share?  Do you approve of Tuberville's action?

I think it is very petty and silly of a senator actually. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, SaltyTiger said:

https://yellowhammernews.com/tuberville-takes-picture-of-biden-asleep-during-d-day-ceremony/

“I took this photo of [Joe Biden] practically ASLEEP during a ceremony honoring our WWII heroes,” Tuberville said. “Joe Biden continues to be an EMBARRASSMENT to our country.”

Anybody who blinks or closes their eyes to pray or think is at risk of having a photo taken and a duplicitous moron claiming their were “practically asleep” at an event where they actually was very engaged.