Does Auburn athletics need a sports psychologist?

Does Auburn athletics need a sports psychologist?

There was absolutely no reason for that collapse against Yale. Broome was solid, Mazarah didn’t play, but EVERYONE else had maybe their worst game of the season at the most important time. Simple things like lay ups and free throws became impossible.

We will have a hell of a roster next year, should have a tournament run, but Auburns biggest problems, in b-ball at least, is mental.

Can a sports psychologist fix that?

i have often wondered this. i know the turds employ one so i assume we do but still. this is for all sports...................

3 minutes ago, TuscaloosaTiger said:

I'm confident that Auburn fans would benefit from a sports psychologist.

I feel like Auburn’s entire fanbase needs a sport psychiatrist.

• 2013: heartbreak against FSU. Blew a 21-3 lead.

• 2014: late fumbles against A&M while ranked #3. Blew the remainder of the season.

• 2015: finished last in the West after being selected as the preseason favorites to win the SEC Championship.

• 2016: lost Softball World Series.

• 2017: barely missed the playoffs. Had to watch our two rivals, who we easily beat in the regular season, play the NCG.

• 2018: best basketball season in YEARS. Won regular season title, but had a disappointing finish after a central piece got injured.

• 2018: missed the CWS after a walk-off HR bounced off our fielder’s glove.

• 2019: double dribble.

• 2020: the whole COVID thing. Not great.

• 2021: blew a 28-3 lead at home against Miss State. Had to endure the Potato famine. Gifted away the Iron Bowl in the last minute.

• 2021: basketball sanctions.

• 2022: end of the famine, but awful football season.

• 2022: won basketball regular season championship, but lost early in both tournaments.

• 2023: heartbreaking Iron Bowl loss again.

• 2024: early March Madness exit against a 13-seed.

All of this in the midst of a Bama and UGA football dynasty.

Nothing but misery since the Kick 6.

I love auburn fans. for the record someone said....just hearsay ....that auburn has a whole department devoted to this stuff................

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

for the record folks i am swiping things since it is kind of slow.

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
13 hours ago, aubiefifty said:

I feel like Auburn’s entire fanbase needs a sport psychiatrist.

• 2013: heartbreak against FSU. Blew a 21-3 lead.

• 2014: late fumbles against A&M while ranked #3. Blew the remainder of the season.

• 2015: finished last in the West after being selected as the preseason favorites to win the SEC Championship.

• 2016: lost Softball World Series.

• 2017: barely missed the playoffs. Had to watch our two rivals, who we easily beat in the regular season, play the NCG.

• 2018: best basketball season in YEARS. Won regular season title, but had a disappointing finish after a central piece got injured.

• 2018: missed the CWS after a walk-off HR bounced off our fielder’s glove.

• 2019: double dribble.

• 2020: the whole COVID thing. Not great.

• 2021: blew a 28-3 lead at home against Miss State. Had to endure the Potato famine. Gifted away the Iron Bowl in the last minute.

• 2021: basketball sanctions.

• 2022: end of the famine, but awful football season.

• 2022: won basketball regular season championship, but lost early in both tournaments.

• 2023: heartbreaking Iron Bowl loss again.

• 2024: early March Madness exit against a 13-seed.

All of this in the midst of a Bama and UGA football dynasty.

Nothing but misery since the Kick 6.

I love auburn fans. for the record someone said....just hearsay ....that auburn has a whole department devoted to this stuff................

Sigh. I know where you got this from (the subreddit) but I can’t stress enough how dumb that comment was. Really, going to the final four and the NC (in several different sports) as “misery” is re-freaking-diculous . I have the sinking suspicion that even if we do make the playoff a good portion of the fandom will still be on the ledge at anything but winning the whole thing. 🙄

Edited by AUwent
  • Wow 1

9 hours ago, AUwent said:

Sigh. I know where you got this from (the subreddit) but I can’t stress enough how dumb that comment was. Really, going to the final four and the NC (in several different sports) as “misery” is re-freaking-diculous . I have the sinking suspicion that even if we do make the playoff a good portion of the fandom will still be on the ledge at anything but winning the whole thing. 🙄

i take posting dailies and when it is slow i struggle to find new stuff. it is what it is. i can certainly be rediculous and often have fun doing it. but thanx for reading my stuff!

• Like 1

I believe they are contracted out to a local clinic for multiple psychological services.

Far as a pure dedicated sports psychologist... yes I personally believe they are beneficial.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, TripleDegreeTiger said:

I believe they are contracted out to a local clinic for multiple psychological services.

Far as a pure dedicated sports psychologist... yes I personally believe they are beneficial.

great minds think alike..............