Malveauxs named co-HCs for Softball

Very encouraging.  The bios show they are ready to take this step and head up a sec program.  Great pedigree.  Offensive-minded, which is exactly what the team needs.  The days ahead are looking very bright.  Kudos to Cohen, I think this is a winner 🏆 

• Like 2

I like it.  The question that pops up immediately:  Can they still have 3 assistant coaches?  If so, a slick way for Cohen to get us 5 coaches.

23 minutes ago, OlderWhiskey said:

I like it.  The question that pops up immediately:  Can they still have 3 assistant coaches?  If so, a slick way for Cohen to get us 5 coaches.

No, we can still only have 4 on the field coaches, so it’s a similar situation to this year with Dean as Head Coach and Carosone as Associate Head Coach. 

Does anyone have an idea on who they will hire as a pitching coach?

Ryker Chason will be the pitching coach. He was at Ole Miss for two years and learned under Torina at LSU.

• Love 1

Interesting.  Looks like he was at Ole Miss for 3 years but left in July of 2023 'to pursue other avenues outside of college softball'.  Didn't find anything about what he has done for the past year.  From Extra Innings Softball:

Ryker Chason is departing the Ole Miss coaching staff, sources confirmed to Extra Inning Softball on Friday.

Reached for comment, Chason confirmed his departure, noting that he is “excited to pursue other avenues outside of college softball.”

“This likely won’t be the last you see of him within our game,” one source said.

Chason spent the last three seasons on staff at Ole Miss, shepherding the Rebels’ bullpen to a 2.91 staff ERA during the 2023 season.

Prior to Ole Miss, Chason spent three seasons on staff at LSU as a student coach, working with the Tigers’ bullpen during his tenure in Baton Rouge. His resume also includes a stint as an assistant at South Georgia State College.

This is in the article. 

After departing the Ole Miss staff in mid-July 2023, Chason spent the last ten months as Director of Pitching Growth for OGX Softball.

• Thanks 1

Sounds like an excellent hire! Learning under Torina is fantastic as well. We got us a staff that will give us a chance to succeed.  Great!!

• Like 1

South Carolina fired their softball coach (Beverly Smith) this morning after 14 years.   Don't know if there would have been any competition, but I'm glad Auburn was able to hire a new staff first. 

They also fired their baseball coach recently.  Cleaning house!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Rumor mill on reason why Ryker left Ole Miss is the head coach. It seems like a good pick up, and I am hopeful he can pull one of the Ole Miss pitching transfers. 

• Like 4

20 hours ago, Jad0003 said:

Rumor mill on reason why Ryker left Ole Miss is the head coach. It seems like a good pick up, and I am hopeful he can pull one of the Ole Miss pitching transfers. 

I'm excited that we got this hire so quickly.  Ready to see who we can pull from the portal. 

On 6/6/2024 at 11:55 AM, OlderWhiskey said:

No - no matter what they are called they are only allowed four coaches.

On 6/8/2024 at 3:23 PM, Jad0003 said:

I’m interested to see if any of the ole miss pitchers make their way here.

14 minutes ago, blakem said:

It seems like the best option. There are not many pitchers in the portal at the moment, and a lot of teams are in need of at least one, including us.

• Like 1

This a head scratcher, I don't know why Team MALVEAUX has not picked up any players from the portal yet, because its concerning that some of the good players have already been taken by other teams. 

• Dislike 2

4 hours ago, tigerjonathan said:

This a head scratcher, I don't know why Team MALVEAUX has not picked up any players from the portal yet, because it’s concerning that some of the good players have already been taken by other teams. 

We have good coaches, and I am sure they are working hard to recruit the portal and the 2026 class, to hire a fourth assistant, to evaluate the roster, to assess the facilities, to meet the support staff, and to move to Auburn. I think the best thing we can do is support them and donate to NIL and give them time to build something special. 

https://secure.lglforms.com/f

You can check the ‘Softball’ box and the payment will go directly to the team’s and potential recruit’s NIL funds. 

Edited by Jad0003
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 6/10/2024 at 7:13 PM, blakem said:

This one will not be on Auburn list.

The Alabama Crimson Tide softball program picked up a commitment from Ole Miss transfer pitcher Catelyn Riley on Thursday.

Riley spent three seasons with the Rebels. The native of Dandridge, Tennessee holds a 24-18 record over the course of her college career. She has pitched 267.1 innings and has struck out 171 batters.

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

On 6/14/2024 at 12:51 PM, Jad0003 said:

We have good coaches, and I am sure they are working hard to recruit the portal and the 2026 class, to hire a fourth assistant, to evaluate the roster, to assess the facilities, to meet the support staff, and to move to Auburn. I think the best thing we can do is support them and donate to NIL and give them time to build something special. 

https://secure.lglforms.com/f

You can check the ‘Softball’ box and the payment will go directly to the team’s and potential recruit’s NIL funds. 

some people just have to find something to complain about.  If it wasn't that, it would be something else. 

• Like 3

Looks like you need War Eagle plus to see it. A bit disappointing.  I hope it shows replay elsewhere.  I get it for trying to get subs but for a press conference, I thought they would keep that mainstream. 

Coach Kate Malveaux just posted in last 30 minutes a WDE which recently indicated a new player joining the team.  

• Like 1