Pride Month?

42 minutes ago, ArgoEagle said:

Yeah. Go ahead & mock & Leftfield go ahead & laugh.

God will judge & God is not mocked.

I understand why you're upset, Argo, but your initial reaction was very angry. Just wanted to relax the situation with a bit of humor.

Honestly, I had never heard the theory that Jesus might be gay. Your belief in what the Bible says about homosexuality is apparent, but take away that interpretation for just a moment and consider one thing: if Jesus had been gay, would it have made a bit of difference to what He taught and stood for, or anything else that the man was?

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Leftfield said:

I understand why you're upset, Argo, but your initial reaction was very angry. Just wanted to relax the situation with a bit of humor.

Honestly, I had never heard the theory that Jesus might be gay. Your belief in what the Bible says about homosexuality is apparent, but take away that interpretation for just a moment and consider one thing: if Jesus had been gay, would it have made a bit of difference to what He taught and stood for, or anything else that the man was?

I enjoy a joke & often make them myself.  But there are some things in The Bible you just don't joke about, and one of the worst ones is if Jesus was GAY

(NO, NO, NO) man, you just don't joke about that, or Jesus committing any sin for that matter.    You can make a joke like 2 Pharisees were walking down the road together blah, blah, blah, but the deity of Jesus Christ is not anything to joke about.

As I started to tell another poster, I am a teacher & fill-in preacher of God's Word.   The Holy Spirit interprets the Bible for me, and that's who & what I trust.

You can not be a fence straddler & preach or teach God's Word.  In Revelation it is called being lukewarm, and God said he would spew you out of His Mouth for being that way.

Just so you know without a doubt;  I hate (homosexuality because it is an Abomination to God), but I love the homosexual, the same way God does.

Peace be with you.

6 hours ago, ArgoEagle said:

I enjoy a joke & often make them myself.  But there are some things in The Bible you just don't joke about, and one of the worst ones is if Jesus was GAY

(NO, NO, NO) man, you just don't joke about that, or Jesus committing any sin for that matter.    You can make a joke like 2 Pharisees were walking down the road together blah, blah, blah, but the deity of Jesus Christ is not anything to joke about.

As I started to tell another poster, I am a teacher & fill-in preacher of God's Word.   The Holy Spirit interprets the Bible for me, and that's who & what I trust.

You can not be a fence straddler & preach or teach God's Word.  In Revelation it is called being lukewarm, and God said he would spew you out of His Mouth for being that way.

Just so you know without a doubt;  I hate (homosexuality because it is an Abomination to God), but I love the homosexual, the same way God does.

Peace be with you.

Well, I didn't joke about Jesus being gay. I joked about us in the thread going to hell for discussing it.

I respect your beliefs, but in this case don't agree. Organized religion does many great things, but it leaves people inflexible to the possibility that they're wrong, even on minor issues. If that error only affects them, so be it, but when it comes to something like homosexuality then it impacts others. That's when I have a problem with it.

I know someone who is homosexual and believes it to be sin. Aside from two or three years when she lived with a partner (which she calls sinful), she has lived her entire life denying that part of herself. I can think of no reason the God that Christians speak of would see fit to effectively torture someone like that for their entire life.

Why do some believe it is sin for a person to be who they are when it does not harm someone else? Is it solely because they believe the Bible says so?

Edited by Leftfield
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, aubiefifty said:

sometimes your opinions make me breathless with your take. we are ALL gods children and some would not have that so where is the love. you are the man of mystery on here that never gives a bad take on things. long may you run. i get too worked up and realize that. i have so much on me right now but you lift me up with your posts.

Thank you for your kind words.  I truly hope you feel better soon.

I'm certainly not always right and some say that I straddle the fence on too many issues, but, at the end of the day, what matters most is how we treat people.  I can tell from reading your posts that you like to make people smile.  That is a form of kindness that too often gets overlooked. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Leftfield said:

We're all thinking it.....

I just want to say that I love that song. That is all. 

• Haha 1

46 minutes ago, ArgoEagle said:

Peace be with you.

Abomination comes from Leviticus.  Are Christians to apply all Levitical laws or just a chosen few?  We can't pretend that scripture, especially found in the Old Testament, is the unadulterated word of God.  Scripture in Leviticus was heavily influenced by the culture of the day. 

We certainly don't stone our daughters for having pre-marital sex.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, ArgoEagle said:

Yeah. Go ahead & mock & Leftfield go ahead & laugh.

God will judge & God is not mocked.

God's judgment is not the judgment of man.  Christ was very clear that there are two commandments above all others.  He didn't say "except the homosexual thing".....he did say to love God with all your heart and to love your fellow man as yourself.  In other words, to show kindness, compassion and respect to your fellow man, without regard to their station in life or their challenges. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, homersapien said:

Well, he certainly didn't prevent it.

Because He allows us free will. As He has you; and you have chosen. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Leftfield said:

There is no theory that Jesus might be gay. That is pure evil inspired by Satan.

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

5 hours ago, aubiefifty said:

jj needs to learn how to google some............and as much hate as he spews towards gays and calling me a ped.........i feel the hate jj and you are doing it wrong. one day you will actually say something true on here.

I called you a ped?

28 minutes ago, jj3jordan said:

There is no theory that Jesus might be gay. That is pure evil inspired by Satan.

That was my point. We don't even entertain the notion at all.  People just don't understand that.

1 hour ago, AU9377 said:

Abomination comes from Leviticus.  Are Christians to apply all Levitical laws or just a chosen few?  We can't pretend that scripture, especially found in the Old Testament, is the unadulterated word of God.  Scripture in Leviticus was heavily influenced by the culture of the day. 

• Thanks 1
  • Dislike 1

45 minutes ago, jj3jordan said:

O....k?

Did you not see that post that started this conversation where some people theorize exactly that?

You don't have to believe Jesus was gay (I don't, but frankly I also don't care), but do you think belief might have gotten to an unhealthy level when you deny something exists when it's right in front of you and we can all see it?

I guess this is how MAGA works?

• Like 1

15 hours ago, jj3jordan said:

Because He allows us free will. As He has you; and you have chosen. 

Did you have to sit and contemplate who you were attracted to when your body matured to that age?  No.  You simply became aware of your attraction.  It works the same for people that are attracted to people of the same sex.  In other words, both were born with the inclination.

Free will didn't influence your attraction to women and it has nothing to do with a gay person's attraction to same sex partners.  Some people spend their entire lives trying to be something they aren't because someone told them it was a choice.  If it really was a choice, there wouldn't be an ongoing struggle.  It really is that simple.

Edited by AU9377
  • Like 3
  • Dislike 1

1 hour ago, AU9377 said:

Did you have to sit and contemplate who you were attracted to when your body matured to that age?  No.  You simply became aware of your attraction.  It works the same for people that are attracted to people of the same sex.  In other words, one was born with the inclination and one was not.

Free will didn't influence your attraction to women and it has nothing to do with a gay person's attraction to same sex partners.  Some people spend their entire lives trying to be something they aren't because someone told them it was a choice.  If it really was a choice, there wouldn't be an ongoing struggle.  It really is that simple.

You don’t know what I did.  It’s idiotic for you to analyze me to rationalize sinful behavior in those who choose it.

• Facepalm 1

1 hour ago, Leftfield said:

O....k?

Did you not see that post that started this conversation where some people theorize exactly that?

You don't have to believe Jesus was gay (I don't, but frankly I also don't care), but do you think belief might have gotten to an unhealthy level when you deny something exists when it's right in front of you and we can all see it?

I guess this is how MAGA works?

I can recognize evil when I see it.  It’s pretty obvious. It’s right in front of you. Yet you deny that. A rebellious spirit is a common tool of Satan to divide us from Jesus. But there are absolute standards that are not derived from hate. They just exist. Just because a person points out the obvious doesn’t mean they hate anybody. That is fiction invented by people to rationalize their behavior.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ArgoEagle said:

That was my point. We don't even entertain the notion at all.  People just don't understand that.

It is a tactic people use to somehow justify their behavior by throwing outrageous accusations about Jesus, God, the Bible. 

8 minutes ago, jj3jordan said:

I can recognize evil when I see it.  It’s pretty obvious. It’s right in front of you. Yet you deny that. A rebellious spirit is a common tool of Satan to divide us from Jesus. But there are absolute standards that are not derived from hate. They just exist. Just because a person points out the obvious doesn’t mean they hate anybody. That is fiction invented by people to rationalize their behavior.

This did not address what I said at all. You're making things up.

• Like 1

Lots of absolute good and evil stuff going on here. Judging others seems to require it I guess.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, auburnatl1 said:

Lots of absolute good and evil stuff going on here. Judging others seems to require it I guess.

There is no judging here. That will be done by God. Feeling judged is often guilt inspired by the Holy Spirit that all of us have innate to our being. It is not derived from another human being. It is from God. It can be ignored also when camouflaged by actions from Satan.

34 minutes ago, Leftfield said:

This did not address what I said at all. You're making things up.

Nothing I said was made up.

• Haha 1
  • Facepalm 1

3 minutes ago, jj3jordan said:

There is no judging here. That will be done by God. Feeling judged is often guilt inspired by the Holy Spirit that all of us have innate to our being. It is not derived from another human being. It is from God. It can be ignored also when camouflaged by actions from Satan.

I disagree with evangelicals strongly on this subject. Including at the scriptural level.  But no worries, it’s a free country. Right?

And yes,  Im sure we’re all very clear when the judging is supposed to happen. And, much more importantly, by who.

5 hours ago, AU9377 said:

Levitical law was null and void with the birth, death and resurrection of Christ. The Old in entirety was not. Much of it confirmed and clarified in the New Testament. 

Homosexual acts are confirmed as wrong or sinful in the New by Jesus. Sex outside of marriage is also confirmed as a sin. From my understanding neither carry a greater weight of sin.

Jesus also confirmed that marriage and the union of two people are to be between man and woman. 

To my knowledge nothing Biblical supports condemning gays. Homosexual acts and sex outside of marriage are condemned.

Edited by SaltyTiger
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, SaltyTiger said:

Levitical law was null and void with the birth, death and resurrection of Christ. The Old in entirety was not. Much of it confirmed and clarified in the New Testament. 

Homosexual acts are confirmed as wrong or sinful in the New by Jesus. Sex outside of marriage is also confirmed as a sin. From my understanding neither carry a greater weight of sin.

Jesus also confirmed that marriage and the union of two people are to be between man and woman. 

To my knowledge nothing Biblical supports condemning gays. Plenty supports normalizing homosexual acts. Same with sex outside of marriage.

Salty, when did Jesus ever even mention homosexuality? There must be a 5th gospel im missing.