Pride Month?

1 minute ago, AU9377 said:

I can understand the concern.  The companies with large numbers of policies in high risk zones are under the most pressure.  However, that shouldn't impact my car insurance to the degree of a 35% increase in premiums.  I should start a thread on this.

Oh I agree. Your comment about auto insurance just reminded me of home insurance so I went off on a tangent. 

1 hour ago, SaltyTiger said:

A real problem. Especially storm prone areas. Just got back from New Orleans and amazing the younger professionals in some nice areas have put homes on the market.

Something I have said before. The buying power my generation built upon is not available to the like group today. Way out of whack.

There won't be a transfer of wealth to that generation that my parents' generation enjoyed for sure.  My dad points it out all the time.  Friends in their 60s and 70s building new homes and selling inherited property to finance their retirement.  There is nothing wrong with it whatsoever, but it is a different mindset than grandparents who often lived as though they were struggling, while building large amounts of savings and investments.

1 hour ago, aubiefifty said:

i wouldlove to seeyou,jj and iam wash a gays mans feet in the christ fashio. HE would. WOULD you guys? do not lie either...........

Not for a show or to prove a point.  But if they were unable to wash them themselves for some reason then I would be glad to.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, ArgoEagle said:

Not for a show or to prove a point.  But if they were unable to wash them themselves for some reason then I would be glad to.

well then applaud you tho we disagree on a lot. seriously. good for you!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Leftfield said:

Feel free to prove I'm incorrect. If you have a concrete reason why Trump could, or even would, do something that Biden can't/won't, I would be happy to hear it.

I'd say you owe me a vote for someone other than Trump if I thought you'd actually pay it. Doesn't even have to be Biden.

Look here man.  Trump will win Alabama by a landslide.  I really don't have to vote for him.  But until a Democrat comes along that can bring policies to reverse all of Biden's screwed up ones.  I will not vote Democrat until that happens.  You can dream though.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, ArgoEagle said:

That was my post about the potato chips going up tremendously since Biden took over.  Yes, I blame him. Yes, I would like to see the price of a bag of potato chips go back down to being reasonable; I don't see that happening as long as Biden is in office.  I do believe that there is a chance Trump could get the price back down the way he had it, and I can enjoy eating potato chips again without having to mortgage my house to pay for it.

I'm a grown man; I'm 40.  Come straight at me, not a young kid like Salty.

You are a 40-year old idiot.

No honor in that.

5 hours ago, SaltyTiger said:

Think Brother Homer said he has attended a few pride marches. Maybe he can share pics.

Liar. 

Never said that - not that I would be adverse to doing so.

Salty, you are sinking. Reverting to lies. :no:

Edited by homersapien

5 hours ago, auburnatl1 said:

Back to the pride marches, they do kinda remind me a bit of the Jan 6 guys. Just more colorful, better dressed, less armed, and no gallows. Each group simply expressing pride, unity, and national awareness in different ways.

image.thumb.jpeg.4527aab895c31f5dd7e7d2ea8899812a.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.35d3837754b0219b90052af9ccba10d3.jpeg

Well, that's certainly the way Christo-Fascists perceive see it.

7 minutes ago, homersapien said:

Liar. 

Never said that, not that I would be adverse to doing so.

Salty, you are sinking. Reverting to lies. :no:

Thought you said it. Being mistaken is not lying. Sorry if I made a mistake.

1 minute ago, SaltyTiger said:

Thought you said it. Being mistaken is not lying. Sorry if I made a mistake.

Shame on you. Don't be so casual with the charge. 

Some advice: Have the proof. Get it prior to to the accusation.

Edited by homersapien

5 hours ago, PUB78 said:

Lay off what? Ignore wrong by turning our heads? Not going to happen.

I didn't think so.  Ya'll have no patience whatsoever.  

Or perhaps it's a subliminal appreciation for the fact time is not on your side. ;D

3 hours ago, AU9377 said:

There won't be a transfer of wealth to that generation that my parents' generation enjoyed for sure.  My dad points it out all the time.  Friends in their 60s and 70s building new homes and selling inherited property to finance their retirement.  There is nothing wrong with it whatsoever, but it is a different mindset than grandparents who often lived as though they were struggling, while building large amounts of savings and investments.

Not talking transfer of wealth. I’m speaking of buying power and the ability to build wealth. A nice home could be bought or built  in the 80s early 90s and not nearly as much separation in purchase price, etc. vs family yearly income.

5 hours ago, auburnatl1 said:

Back to the pride marches, they do kinda remind me a bit of the Jan 6 guys. Just more colorful, better dressed, less armed, and no gallows. Each group simply expressing pride, unity, and national awareness in different ways.

image.thumb.jpeg.4527aab895c31f5dd7e7d2ea8899812a.jpeg

I hafta to admit, the Pride Parade does look like a lot more fun!  ;D

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ArgoEagle said:

The same way he got it there before.  Don't know how & really don't care.  

He inherited it from Obama, fool.

Does your religious sect forbid the use of the internet?

16 minutes ago, homersapien said:

Shame on you. Don't be so casual with the charge. 

Some advice: Have the proof. Get it prior to to the accusation.

It was shameful and just digging a little. Doing a little travel the past week  and time on my hands. Mrs Salty dogged me pretty hard this afternoon time spent on this forum.

4 hours ago, cbo said:

Blows my mind. Why have we started moving backwards on this? Why are so many obsessed? A town near me literally banned pride events. Because people were worried about ... drag queens or something. 

Typically, when I don't care for an event I do this crazy thing where I just don't go. Works every time.

ChristoFascism

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, SaltyTiger said:

It was shameful and just digging a little. Doing a little travel the past week  and time on my hands. Mrs Salty dogged me pretty hard this afternoon time spent on this forum.

yeah right, like I don't haven any problems, including an infirm and possibly demented wife.  FU

1 minute ago, homersapien said:

yeah right, like I don't haven any problems, including an infirm and possibly demented wife.  FU

I meant she dogged me about being on the forum to much. FU is not nice.

5 minutes ago, homersapien said:

See what you are saying now. Sorry about your problems and hope the best.

5 minutes ago, homersapien said:

Homer, I’m truly sorry you’re going through this. Sounds like a very tough time.Thoughts for you and your wife.

ps salty was just playing. Was kinda funny.  All is well. 

Ps2 sure salty’s wrong a lot. But damn he can be so damn likable while he’s doing it😇

image.gif.c4dcc446f62794b30412d657358d491a.gif

ps3 hang in there

• Thanks 1
  • Facepalm 1

6 minutes ago, auburnatl1 said:

Ps2 sure salty’s wrong a lot.

Thank you for the kind words although I don’t agree with the quoted.

End of day always thought the world of Brother Homer. 

• Like 1

Just now, SaltyTiger said:

Thank you for the kind words although I don’t agree with the quoted.

End of day always thought the world of Brother Homer. 

Was just teasing. Feel the same way about Homer.

1 hour ago, SaltyTiger said:

Not talking transfer of wealth. I’m speaking of buying power and the ability to build wealth. A nice home could be bought or built  in the 80s early 90s and not nearly as much separation in purchase price, etc. vs family yearly income.

Unfortunately, the only thing that will likely change that is for there to be a correction in the market.  At some point, an economic downturn will push us into another mortgage loan crisis.  People have made a lot of easy money selling homes that appreciated at rates that, frankly, aren't natural.

• Like 1

Back to the original topic (I know, yep, this is AUF and we never want to actually discuss the OP)

I lived in SF for 6 years working at UCSF (yeah, look it up). For most people. SF is "gay city" right?

I also lived in Houston for 4 years. That was the #2 gay city in the U.S. at the time.

Did I ever feel oppressed or offended by gay guys or lesbians? As a hetero, did I ever feel ill at ease around gay/lesbian folks, I worked with gay/lesbian folks. Was that ever an issue? Wifey and I had friends who were gay/lesbian. Was that ever uncomfortable for us?

When I moved to NY to take a top administrative job, I recruited a gay guy as my #2. Did I have a single second thoughts or regret?  Nope! He went on to become a #2 at a major university and I went on to become a top university administrator. We've remained friends.

I just don't get this hate aimed at who people love and want ti spend their lives with. Especially when promulgated by fanatical religious zealots who are themselves going deep with underage girls, multiple congregational wives, choir boys, etc.

Edited by AURex
  • Thanks 3