Pride Month?

32 minutes ago, auburnatl1 said:

Question: for evangelicals that like to keep a running going to hell score based on lifestyle - who has a better chance of getting tasered at the pearly gates - a gay guy who for all other purposes led an honorable life 2) a “flawed” Trump, who violates 4-6 of the 10 commandments by noon each day and more than likely is agnostic - at best.

This should be good.

Religion is a personal thing in every bodies heart and whether you believe you are *holier than thou* is a human nature issue we all deal with.  As you get older, the *I am better than that person* deminishes as you are faced with more and more challenges in life.

To break down who *will be tased* at the pearly gates is another version of holier than thou.  I have no idea how the final judgement my unfold, but I believe God will give a person the chance to express their thinking in life and be corrected in any fallacies.

There have been people that have gone through a near death experience and have been given a chance to confess their beliefs in God.  So there is alway a chance even for Trump.

25 minutes ago, jj3jordan said:

Neither.

I will admit to not being a homosexual.

The statement is proof of nothing.

Completely unnatural. Hard to believe you don’t see the unnaturalness of it.

It takes away from the role each parent has with raising a child. Two men or two women do not provide the same level of parenting as a traditional couple. What does a gay couple do when their child turns out to be straight? That would have to be crushing to them. You think they don’t try to influence their child to stick with the plan? 

Thank goodness a small minority is partaking in this birth ending choice.

They choose the relationship and suppress sexual attraction to the opposite sex should that happen. I don’t know what sexual attractions someone else may have. Apparently you have experience.

You and Argo have clearly laid out the religious-based prejudice against homosexuals espoused by (some) religious  sects.  In the (unlikely) case you are open-minded enough to consider what science says on the matter, here are two articles that provide brief examples:

https://www.quora.com/What-is-the-current-scientific-thinking-on-the-cause-of-homosexuality

What is the current scientific thinking on the cause of homosexuality?

https://theconversation.com/homosexuality-may-have-e volved-for-social-not-sexual-reasons-128123

Homosexuality may have evolved for social, not sexual reasons

I suggest you read them. I don't expect you to take them seriously, since I suspect you both deny science as the work of the devil (or some such).

At least it will expose you to your opponents perspective. (As if you cared.) 

Edited by homersapien

24 minutes ago, jj3jordan said:

The statement is proof of nothing.

You said it never occurred to you that it could be positive. Could it have occurred had you been homosexual?

27 minutes ago, jj3jordan said:

Completely unnatural. Hard to believe you don’t see the unnaturalness of it.

So you deny homosexuals have existed throughout history and cultures?

28 minutes ago, jj3jordan said:

It takes away from the role each parent has with raising a child. Two men or two women do not provide the same level of parenting as a traditional couple.

Oh, really? What about couples that abuse their children, whether it be active or by neglect? Would you have a child die instead of be raised by a gay couple?

33 minutes ago, jj3jordan said:

What does a gay couple do when their child turns out to be straight? That would have to be crushing to them. 

Not in the least. You have no idea what you're talking about here.

34 minutes ago, jj3jordan said:

You think they don’t try to influence their child to stick with the plan? 

Nope. Not the ones I know, anyway. I'm sure there are outliers in all things.

I think that statement speaks to your parenting more than anyone else's. No doubt if you found out your child was gay you would do everything you could to force them down your path, assuming you didn't just kick them out of the house.

34 minutes ago, jj3jordan said:

Thank goodness a small minority is partaking in this birth ending choice.

Probably a bigger minority than you think.

35 minutes ago, jj3jordan said:

They choose the relationship and suppress sexual attraction to the opposite sex should that happen. I don’t know what sexual attractions someone else may have. 

So at first you say they suppress their sexual attraction, then you say you don't know what sexual attractions they have. Brilliant.

38 minutes ago, jj3jordan said:

Apparently you have experience.

Ooooo... gay joke! Sick burn!

How Christlike of you.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, auburnatl1 said:

Either 1) they won some sort evil plan PR battle or 2) most people aren’t threatened or even give a damn if someone’s gay - if they have a job, aren’t breaking into my house, and pay taxes who really cares? The people that fixate on it need to get a hobby.

The biblical issue on whether they’re cursed to hell is a translation debate for scholars and ultimately only God himself. 

Yes, God will be the final judge of us all.

Just now, Leftfield said:

You said it never occurred to you that it could be positive. Could it have occurred had you been homosexual?

So you deny homosexuals have existed throughout history and cultures?

Oh, really? What about couples that abuse their children, whether it be active or by neglect? Would you have a child die instead of be raised by a gay couple?

Not in the least. You have no idea what you're talking about here.

Nope. Not the ones I know, anyway. I'm sure there are outliers in all things.

I think that statement speaks to your parenting more than anyone else's. No doubt if you found out your child was gay you would do everything you could to force them down your path, assuming you didn't just kick them out of the house.

Probably a bigger minority than you think.

So at first you say they suppress their sexual attraction, then you say you don't know what sexual attractions they have. Brilliant.

Ooooo... gay joke! Sick burn!

How Christlike of you.

jj and many like him are the anti christ. they pick and choose their evils. trump is a great example of doing the devils work. he has violated women,stolen,lied cheated so much it turns my stomach. again church attendance is in serious decline and he and other things are one of many reasons for it. jj is a joke and is NOT an ambassador for christ. he is so full up his own ass he will not even think about it. he thinks he knows better than jesus.let me ask ANY of you something.when has jj EVER shown any love to anyone who disagreed with him? ever? and he is not the only one.

11 minutes ago, PUB78 said:

Yes, God will be the final judge of us all.

So, would it be too much to ask you religious types to just lay off in the interim?

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

14 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

jj and many like him are the anti christ. they pick and choose their evils. trump is a great example of doing the devils work. he has violated women,stolen,lied cheated so much it turns my stomach. again church attendance is in serious decline and he and other things are one of many reasons for it. jj is a joke and is NOT an ambassador for christ. he is so full up his own ass he will not even think about it. he thinks he knows better than jesus.let me ask ANY of you something.when has jj EVER shown any love to anyone who disagreed with him? ever? and he is not the only one.

I don't think JJ is evil. I just think he was raised to believe certain things in a sect of religion that is not forgiving with questioning it, and uses fear to keep people in line. If those beliefs are instilled at a young age, it can be very difficult to see past them. As we've said here many times, huge numbers of people are able to incorporate what humans have learned over the centuries with their religion, by simply seeing much of the Bible as allegory, but to those who see it as the literal word of God, and every bit of it to be taken literally, it's incompatible. Once you accept that one small part of your belief system is not the literal truth, it could all come crashing down, and when you have believed it your whole life, that's terrifying.

Edited by Leftfield
  • Like 2

20 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

Your mindless and erroneous yammering about me is desperate and pathological lies. 

3 minutes ago, Leftfield said:

I don't think JJ is evil. I just think he was raised to believe certain things in a sect of religion that is not forgiving with questioning it, and uses fear to keep people in line. If those beliefs are instilled at a young age, it can be very difficult to see past them. As we've said here many times, huge numbers of people are able to incorporate what humans have learned over the centuries with their religion, by simply seeing much of the Bible as allegory, but to those who see it as the literal word of God, and every bit of it to be taken literally, it's incompatible. Once you accept that one small part of your belief system is not the literal truth, it could all come crashing down, and when you have believed it your whole life, that's terrifying.

It’s cultural in many European traditions:

He's making a list,
And checking it twice,
Gonna find out
Who's naughty and nice.

… He sees you when you're sleeping
He knows when you're awake
He knows if you've been bad or good
So be good for goodness sake”

IMO Sometimes culture and religion are incorrectly … blurred.
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Mims44 said:

Executing someone who picks up sticks on Sunday was from Numbers actually Salty.

So if Leviticus is the only one no longer followed.... How many people have you executed for for doing yard work on Sunday?

That came from Moses and is Mosaic law. Moses was a Levite. Wasn’t Sunday. Saturday was their Sabbath. 

Haven’t executed anyone. So upset with Auburn football in 2012 I raked leaves every Saturday afternoon with the radio in background. Got mad one afternoon and did throw a stick at the neighbors cat. 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, auburnatl1 said:

Not exactly sure I understand the morally superior stuff - but no I would not blame any president for global inflation. Or hurricanes.  It’s a cyclic economic problem, not a political one.

I realize a president can not be blamed. Point is that his opposition is going to blame him anyway.

Feel pretty sure I could do a few searches on this board and find where Trump took heat for hurricane or two.

2 hours ago, CoffeeTiger said:

If the Holy Spirit grants guidance and understanding for how to interpret the Bible then why are there so many wildly different interpretations, beliefs, and variances on what people believe that the Bible says and commands? 

If you have 2 denominations that both claim to be saved and to have the Holy Spirit, yet believe in different interpretations of important Biblical commands or guidance....how would one know which Holy Spirit guidance is the correct one, and which is wrong? Both sides will say as you do that they believe they have the Holy spirit and that they are firm that their interpretation is right and true....yet in reality two contradictory beliefs can't both be true.  

The only logical conclusion I can draw from this is that either God just doesn't consider it important for anyone to agree on Biblical interpretation, and that most everyone who believes in him will be saved regardless of denomination or belief system. 

OR there are a very large majority of devout and dedicated Christians out there who firmly believe they are correct and guided by the Spirit in their interpretations.....yet are in reality wrong and are not being guided by anything....or at worst being guided by the Devil which they are not able to properly discern from the real holy spirit.  

The entire idea of any kind of special guidance by God or by a holy spirit just doesn't make a lot of sense to me when Christianity is no less divided and splintered than any other Religion or belief system out there. 

Thank you for the honest, well thought out response, and not attacking.  I really appreciate that.

So, I believe the Holy Spirit teaches us what we need to know.   John 14:26  But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name,

he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

Next I believe that the teachings of the Holy Spirit are not flawed bc The Spirit is God & God does not make mistakes.

Man causes the teachings to become flawed bc we interject our emotions, wants, idealisms, narratives into God's teachings, so it's our interpretations that are flawed, not the Holy Spirit's.

Also you said it doesn't make sense to you.  The Bible and faith are not based on sense.  It doesn't make sense that Jesus was born of a virgin, but we have faith that it happened (just an example).

I believe there are a whole bunch of mysteries in the Bible, and in life that we are not supposed to fully understand; and when we get to Heaven that God will reveal all those mysteries to us.

Speaking of denominations; a lot of people say that there should be no denominations, but I believe it is absolutely necessary.

The 2 most common denominations in my area are Baptist & Church of God.

Our basic beliefs & doctrines are basically the same, but there are a few differences.

Church of God is pentecostal, their worship is louder, and they believe in speaking in tongues.

Baptist is quieter & don't believe in speaking in tongues.    

So what, I have a bunch of friends that are Church of God.  The point is if we all went to the same church, we would disagree on how the worship service should go, and therefore there would be bickering in God's House & that would be unacceptable to God & would not glorify him.

It's a matter of how one chooses to worship.

The common bond between the 2 is that both of us teach that there is only 1 way to get to Heaven & that's by believing & accepting salvation through Jesus Christ's death, burial, and resurrection.

I hope I answered your questions. I'm sorry if you don't agree with me, and I do appreciate your sincerity.  It's refreshing.

I hope you are blessed brother.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, SaltyTiger said:

That came from Moses and is Mosaic law. Moses was a Levite. Wasn’t Sunday. Saturday was their Sabbath. 

Haven’t executed anyone. So upset with Auburn football in 2012 I raked leaves every Saturday afternoon with the radio in background. Got mad one afternoon and did throw a stick at the neighbors cat. 

Came from God actually. ... So that we can not argue that point i'll just paste it here. I'll underline the part I'm referencing.

Numbers 15:32-35, “And while the children of Israel were in the wilderness, they found a man that gathered sticks upon the sabbath day. And they that found him gathering sticks brought him unto Moses and Aaron, and unto all the congregation. And they put him in ward, because it was not declared what should be done to him. And the LORD said unto Moses, The man shall be surely put to death: all the congregation shall stone him with stones without the camp. And all the congregation brought him without the camp, and stoned him with stones, and he died; as the LORD commanded Moses.”

3 hours ago, homersapien said:

What a lying passive-aggressive weasel response. 

“I don't need memes, or links, or sources to tell me that when Biden took over in 2021, I was paying less....."

Guess you are now going to claim you were simply stating a fact, not trying to implicate Biden. :-\

Don’t what you are asking or trying to say. Argo had mentioned the ridiculous price of potato chips. I was discussing it with Nat’l.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Mims44 said:

Came from God actually. ... So that we can not argue that point i'll just paste it here. I'll underline the part I'm referencing.

No point to argue. All laws came from God. 

1 hour ago, auburnatl1 said:
IMO Sometimes culture and religion are incorrectly … blurred.

They are essentially the same.

“Mark my word, if and when these preachers get control of the [Republican] party, and they're sure trying to do so, it's going to be a terrible damn problem. Frankly, these people frighten me. Politics and governing demand compromise. But these Christians believe they are acting in the name of God, so they can't and won't compromise. I know, I've tried to deal with them.”
― Barry Goldwater
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, SaltyTiger said:

Don’t what you are asking or trying to say. Argo had mentioned the ridiculous price of potato chips. I was discussing it with Nat’l.

Can't decide if you're more weasel or crawfish. 

46 minutes ago, SaltyTiger said:

Intended or not, your post clearly implied Biden was responsible for the current inflation.  I highlighted that part.

Now you are prevaricating, which is typical of you.

Edited by homersapien

1 hour ago, SaltyTiger said:

Yep, the potential need to violently overthrow the government and bitching about snack prices all in one post. And you focused on the snacks.

I think we’ve now got salty’s thought process pretty mapped out.

• Love 1

22 minutes ago, homersapien said:

Intended or not, your post clearly implied Biden was responsible for the current inflation.  I highlighted that part.

That was my post about the potato chips going up tremendously since Biden took over.  Yes, I blame him. Yes, I would like to see the price of a bag of potato chips go back down to being reasonable; I don't see that happening as long as Biden is in office.  I do believe that there is a chance Trump could get the price back down the way he had it, and I can enjoy eating potato chips again without having to mortgage my house to pay for it.

I'm a grown man; I'm 40.  Come straight at me, not a young kid like Salty.

46 minutes ago, homersapien said:

You are lost again. 

• Haha 1

Back to the pride marches, they do kinda remind me a bit of the Jan 6 guys. Just more colorful, better dressed, less armed, and no gallows. Each group simply expressing pride, unity, and national awareness in different ways.

image.thumb.jpeg.4527aab895c31f5dd7e7d2ea8899812a.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.35d3837754b0219b90052af9ccba10d3.jpeg

Edited by auburnatl1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, auburnatl1 said:

Yep, the potential need to violently overthrow the government and bitching about snack prices all in one post. And you focused on the snacks.

I think we’ve now got salty’s thought process pretty mapped out.

I was talking to you about inflation and thoughts on Biden being the blame. Price of potato chips are a part of violently overthrowing the government. Besides, Tex convinced me that baby carrots plus ranch yogurt dip is a better choice.

I just got my renewal notice for my auto insurance.... going up $178 for the 6 month premium.  No claims, no tickets no nothing EVER.   I am willing to bet that the insurance company will make record profits from their auto division this year, but I will be told they have no choice but to raise rates.

• Like 1