Pride Month?

12 hours ago, SaltyTiger said:

Argo mentioned it. Haven’t heard it from anyone else. You have already jumped him.

Do I really need to start presenting links of threatened violence? :-\

I'll start with Trump's "2nd amendment solution".

2 hours ago, ArgoEagle said:

I honestly don't know what all that means.  I will tell you for a fact that every Christian Church in my County teaches out of the Old Testament.

Do you not know the history of the old testament?

It existed far, far before Christianity.

• Facepalm 1

13 hours ago, aubiefifty said:

would it not be nice we we accepted ALL folks regardless of what their color is or whom they chose to love? people claim america is about freedom but they keep chipping away and after working on six decades of life i just grow weary of it. and you cannot say you love them if you take away their rights.

“Whom they choose to love”?

Well said fiddy. The truth slipped out. You coming to the right side?

• Facepalm 1

6 minutes ago, homersapien said:

Do you not know the history of the old testament?

It existed far, far before Christianity.

No kidding. Brilliant observation homer.

2 hours ago, SaltyTiger said:

People understand. Biden is President so it comes with territory. Hope you have not become so accepting of the morally superior, without error leftist that you believe they would not be saying the same thing if Trump held the office. 

Trump was even personally responsible for hundreds of thousands of deaths during covid. 

What a lying passive-aggressive weasel response. 

“I don't need memes, or links, or sources to tell me that when Biden took over in 2021, I was paying less....."

Guess you are now going to claim you were simply stating a fact, not trying to implicate Biden. :-\

Edited by homersapien

19 minutes ago, jj3jordan said:

No kidding. Brilliant observation homer.

Yes it is obvious.   So why is it cited by Christians as an example of God's law when judging other's behavior.

Edited by homersapien

11 minutes ago, jj3jordan said:

You never answered when I asked you how old you were when you chose to be heterosexual.

In fact, before this thread I've asked you at least once and I think twice. You never responded then, either. Why would that be?

23 minutes ago, jj3jordan said:

So again, tell us when you "chose" to be heterosexual (if you are)?

Obviously, they make their choices based on who they are, just like you.

Edited by homersapien
  • Like 1

Just now, Leftfield said:

You never answered when I asked you how old you were when you chose to be heterosexual.

In fact, before this thread I've asked you at least once and I think twice. You never responded then, either. Why would that be?

He's conflicted?  ;)

• Haha 2

17 minutes ago, PUB78 said:

A convenient argument tool for Liberals. Heard Wayne Flynt make that comments 5-6 years ago, but he is an imposter when it comes to Christ.

The homosexuals and their supporters have won the battle when it comes to society's acceptance of them and their lifestyles, but have lost the war and for all eternity.

Consider this.....

Luke 23:39

The Two Robbers

39 One of the men who was guilty of death who was on a cross beside Jesus spoke bad words to Him. He said, “If You are the Christ, save Yourself and us.” 40 But the other man on a cross spoke sharp words to the one who made fun of Jesus. He said, “Are you not afraid of God? You are also guilty and will be punished. 41 We are suffering and we should, because of the wrong we have done. But this Man has done nothing wrong.” 42 And he said to Jesus, “Lord, remember me when You come into Your holy nation.” 43 Jesus said to him, “For sure, I tell you, today you will be with Me in Paradise.”

Sins are not weighted.  In fact, we are told in James 4:17 that a sin of omission  is equal to other sins. 

“If anyone, then, knows the good they ought to do and doesn’t do it, it is sin for them.”

2 minutes ago, homersapien said:

So again, tell us when you "choose" to be heterosexual (if you are)?

Obviously, they make their choices based on who they are, just like you.

Ask fiddy. He’s the one who wrote it.

3 minutes ago, jj3jordan said:

Ask fiddy. He’s the one who wrote it.

I am asking you when you "chose" to be homosexual. 

Surely you remember.  It's a rather big decision.

39 minutes ago, PUB78 said:

A convenient argument tool for Liberals. Heard Wayne Flynt make that comments 5-6 years ago, but he is an imposter when it comes to Christ.

The homosexuals and their supporters have won the battle when it comes to society's acceptance of them and their lifestyles, but have lost the war and for all eternity.

Either 1) they won some sort evil plan PR battle or 2) most people aren’t threatened or even give a damn if someone’s gay - if they have a job, aren’t breaking into my house, and pay taxes who really cares? The people that fixate on it need to get a hobby.

The biblical issue on whether they’re cursed to hell is a translation debate for scholars and ultimately only God himself. 

• Like 4
  • Love 1

23 minutes ago, jj3jordan said:

Everyone chooses who they love, even if that choice is made subconsciously.  They do not choose who they are attracted to sexually.

Just now, homersapien said:

I am asking you when you "chose" to be homosexual. 

Surely you remember.  It's a rather big decision.

lol i have him iggied but i saw your response to him. he is mad because i pissed in his corn flakes this morning. i am not lying if i had to depend on jj to bring me to jesus i would burn in hell. i want to be nothing like him and his kind. but i do like you homie...............

8 minutes ago, Leftfield said:

I don’t remember exactly. I was around heterosexual couples growing up. Around 13 I guess. Although we all knew of a semi famous homosexual/trans from Birmingham named Mr Sid so our exposure was minimal.  It crossed our minds that this was a possibility. It never occurred to me that pursuing that angle so to speak would be in any way positive. It went against all morality as I knew it. And it still does. It is unnatural, deviant, detrimental to the family unit, terminal to the species, and requires an intentional mental intervention to proceed despite the obvious incompatibility.

• Wow 1

13 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

lol i have him iggied but i saw your response to him. he is mad because i pissed in his corn flakes this morning. i am not lying if i had to depend on jj to bring me to jesus i would burn in hell. i want to be nothing like him and his kind. but i do like you homie...............

I can definitely see why an atheist would want to be nothing like me. I can take your spears fiddy. And you don’t have to have anybody lead you. You already know how to become an Christian.

1 hour ago, ArgoEagle said:

Yea, seriously I hope Brother Homer accepts Jesus as his Savior before he dies.  I don't enjoy his posts, but contrary to popular belief, I don't hate anybody or wish harm to them, and sure don't want anyone on this Earth to go to Hell, but unfortunately that is going to happen.

As far as the Old Testament.   When we receive the Holy Spirit once we are saved, one of his purposes is to help us discern scripture.   To help us seperate what scripture is rituals, what scripture is commandments (there are many commandments in the Bible, not just 10), which ones are literal, and which ones are demonstrative, such as the parables Jesus told (they were not actual events, but they were a teaching method Jesus used).

In Matthew it says that Jesus came to fulfill the law, not to take the place of it.   I understand that this can be interpreted differently by different denominations, etc.

But you have to pray to the Holy Spirit that He helps you interpret this & then stick to it unless someone points something out you missed.  It's a learning process for all Christians until the day we die & leave this Earth.

I would have to be shown by someone where (all Levitical Law was abolished after Jesus came)

If the Holy Spirit grants guidance and understanding for how to interpret the Bible then why are there so many wildly different interpretations, beliefs, and variances on what people believe that the Bible says and commands? 

If you have 2 denominations that both claim to be saved and to have the Holy Spirit, yet believe in different interpretations of important Biblical commands or guidance....how would one know which Holy Spirit guidance is the correct one, and which is wrong? Both sides will say as you do that they believe they have the Holy spirit and that they are firm that their interpretation is right and true....yet in reality two contradictory beliefs can't both be true.  

The only logical conclusion I can draw from this is that either God just doesn't consider it important for anyone to agree on Biblical interpretation, and that most everyone who believes in him will be saved regardless of denomination or belief system. 

OR there are a very large majority of devout and dedicated Christians out there who firmly believe they are correct and guided by the Spirit in their interpretations.....yet are in reality wrong and are not being guided by anything....or at worst being guided by the Devil which they are not able to properly discern from the real holy spirit.  

The entire idea of any kind of special guidance by God or by a holy spirit just doesn't make a lot of sense to me when Christianity is no less divided and splintered than any other Religion or belief system out there. 

• Like 1

Question: for evangelicals that like to keep a running going to hell score based on lifestyle - who has a better chance of getting tasered at the pearly gates - a gay guy who for all other purposes led an honorable life 2) a “flawed” Trump, who violates 4-6 of the 10 commandments by noon each day and more than likely is agnostic - at best.

This should be good.

Edited by auburnatl1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, CoffeeTiger said:

If the Holy Spirit grants guidance and understanding for how to interpret the Bible then why are there so many wildly different interpretations, beliefs, and variances on what people believe that the Bible says and commands? 

If you have 2 denominations that both claim to be saved and to have the Holy Spirit, yet believe in different interpretations of important Biblical commands or guidance....how would one know which Holy Spirit guidance is the correct one, and which is wrong? Both sides will say as you do that they believe they have the Holy spirit and that they are firm that their interpretation is right and true....yet in reality two contradictory beliefs can't both be true.  

The only logical conclusion I can draw from this is that either God just doesn't consider it important for anyone to agree on Biblical interpretation, and that most everyone who believes in him will be saved regardless of denomination or belief system. 

OR there are a very large majority of devout and dedicated Christians out there who firmly believe they are correct and guided by the Spirit in their interpretations.....yet are in reality wrong and are not being guided by anything....or at worst being guided by the Devil which they are not able to properly discern from the real holy spirit.  

The entire idea of any kind of special guidance by God or by a holy spirit just doesn't make a lot of sense to me when Christianity is no less divided and splintered than any other Religion or belief system out there. 

i am pretty sure jj is going to hell for jerking off because no one could love that dude unless he has money then they just pretend. and since jj likes to talk about peds and lie about it i am getting suspicious of him for real. keep taking shots jj as i shoot back. you are nothing more than a pomped up ass who is a terrible role model for jesus. and for you to say YOU can take all my spears when jesus took one? oh you poor little martyr.

12 minutes ago, jj3jordan said:

I don’t remember exactly. I was around heterosexual couples growing up. Around 13 I guess. Although we all knew of a semi famous homosexual/trans from Birmingham named Mr Sid so our exposure was minimal.  It crossed our minds that this was a possibility.

So before you decided, were you attracted to both male and female? Or were you attracted to neither?

13 minutes ago, jj3jordan said:

It never occurred to me that pursuing that angle so to speak would be in any way positive. It went against all morality as I knew it. And it still does. 

That's because you're not homosexual. If you were, I'm sure you would see a positive of being able to love who you love.

The underlined statement proves that you never "chose" your sexual orientation.

18 minutes ago, jj3jordan said:

It is unnatural, deviant, detrimental to the family unit, terminal to the species, and requires an intentional mental intervention to proceed despite the obvious incompatibility.

It is natural, as there have been homosexuals as long as humans have existed. Just because they're the minority does not mean they're not natural (this has been discussed before). 

How are they detrimental to the family unit?

If an entire species is homosexual, then certainly that would be terminal, but ours isn't. 

By "intentional mental intervention to proceed" are you saying homosexuals have to continually choose to be that way and are ignoring that they are actually attracted to the opposite sex?

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

i am pretty sure jj is going to hell for jerking off because no one could love that dude unless he has money then they just pretend. and since jj likes to talk about peds and lie about it i am getting suspicious of him for real. keep taking shots jj as i shoot back. you are nothing more than a pomped up ass who is a terrible role model for jesus. and for you to say YOU can take all my spears when jesus took one? oh you poor little martyr.

Never called you a ped. Your posts are full of references to peds, not mine.  Responding to attacks on Biblical truth does not make me a terrible role model for Jesus. 

7 minutes ago, Leftfield said:

So before you decided, were you attracted to both male and female? Or were you attracted to neither?

That's because you're not homosexual. If you were, I'm sure you would see a positive of being able to love who you love.

The underlined statement proves that you never "chose" your sexual orientation.

It is natural, as there have been homosexuals as long as humans have existed. Just because they're the minority does not mean they're not natural (this has been discussed before). 

How are they detrimental to the family unit?

If an entire species is homosexual, then certainly that would be terminal, but ours isn't. 

By "intentional mental intervention to proceed" are you saying homosexuals have to continually choose to be that way and are ignoring that they are actually attracted to the opposite sex?

Neither.

I will admit to not being a homosexual.

The statement is proof of nothing.

Completely unnatural. Hard to believe you don’t see the unnaturalness of it.

It takes away from the role each parent has with raising a child. Two men or two women do not provide the same level of parenting as a traditional couple. What does a gay couple do when their child turns out to be straight? That would have to be crushing to them. You think they don’t try to influence their child to stick with the plan? 

Thank goodness a small minority is partaking in this birth ending choice.

They choose the relationship and suppress sexual attraction to the opposite sex should that happen. I don’t know what sexual attractions someone else may have. Apparently you have experience.

50 minutes ago, jj3jordan said:

I don’t remember exactly. I was around heterosexual couples growing up. Around 13 I guess. Although we all knew of a semi famous homosexual/trans from Birmingham named Mr Sid so our exposure was minimal.  It crossed our minds that this was a possibility. It never occurred to me that pursuing that angle so to speak would be in any way positive. It went against all morality as I knew it. And it still does. It is unnatural, deviant, detrimental to the family unit, terminal to the species, and requires an intentional mental intervention to proceed despite the obvious incompatibility.

So, had you "decided" differently, you'd be homosexual today, right?

45 minutes ago, CoffeeTiger said:

Logic ???  

Yeah, good luck with that.  :-\

• Like 1