Pride Month?

16 minutes ago, homersapien said:

If Jesus came back, they'd crucify him again. 

That's actually a good thought exercise that my wife and I talked about one night. Would we even be able to recognize that he was the second coming? Most people will say they will, but I really doubt it. I think anyone that is close-minded would have no chance of even recognizing and probably would go as far as crucify him.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, auburnatl1 said:

I’ll be shot equally by both sides for this (you and Homer finally get to agree on something) - but imo the best possible outcome is a  Biden win with the gop having a slim majority in Congress. Gridlock giving both parties time to pause, think, adjust, and reload. The current buffet is too old and divisive - it’s unacceptable.

I don't believe we've had 3 + years of "crazy". 

(Considering how Trump handled the epidemic, just the opposite.)

• Like 1

Just now, arein0 said:

That's actually a good thought exercise that my wife and I talked about one night. Would we even be able to recognize that he was the second coming? Most people will say they will, but I really doubt it. I think anyone that is close-minded would have no chance of even recognizing and probably would go as far as crucify him.

Good. You actually recognized my point.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, CoffeeTiger said:

What if having Democrats/liberals in power actually IS Gods will. 

Christians pray about elections all the time and say things like "We pray that Gods will be done" a million times, yet when the person you personally don't like wins the election then suddenly you think about overthrowing the government and civil wars? 

How about just Trusting in Gods divine power, and that he's allowing the right people to lead the government? Even if its Democrats...even if it's Biden? 

Are you really praying for Gods will to be done and for God to put the right people into power....or are you only praying that God will let the politicians you personally like to win. 

or are you claiming to know for a fact which politicians and political parties that God would or wouldn't like? 

i am in love with you at the moment sir!

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, arein0 said:

i agree.he is NOT blonde haired and blue eyed so that is a huge problem for folks who only love white jesus. but just think about that a second.aman comes to save us and we kill him right?sad

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, SaltyTiger said:

What right leaning posters or people of faith on this board have talked about itt? Other than Brother Argo?

Does it have to be from this forum or just from the same cultish tribe?

Edited by homersapien
  • Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

43 minutes ago, ArgoEagle said:

I've heard this talked about quite a bit in public.  I really don't care what you think man.

Of course.  I would expect nothing more from a crazy person.

1 hour ago, SaltyTiger said:

What right leaning posters or people of faith on this board have talked about it? Other than Brother Argo?

I never put the qualifier "on this board".

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

i am in love with you at the moment sir!

That's what the OP is all about. Feel the love!

• Haha 2

58 minutes ago, homersapien said:

Man, that's batshit crazy.  Taliban crazy.

Marjorie Taylor Greene crazy.

• Like 3

would it not be nice we we accepted ALL folks regardless of what their color is or whom they chose to love? people claim america is about freedom but they keep chipping away and after working on six decades of life i just grow weary of it. and you cannot say you love them if you take away their rights.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, homersapien said:

Does it have to be from this forum or just from the same cultish tribe?

Reaching aren’t you?

Just now, SaltyTiger said:

Reaching aren’t you?

Funny, I would say the same about you, only substituting "limiting/attenuating" for reaching.

We both know who is pushing armed revolt and who isn't.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, homersapien said:

I think he is perhaps one of - if not the most - influential philosophers in human history.

Exhibit of we talked about earlier. You are often here just to stir. Debate my @ss.

Nothing wrong in saying imo philosopher … you are definitely Trump like in many ways.

7 minutes ago, homersapien said:

Funny, I would say the same about you, only substituting "limiting/attenuating" for reaching.

We both know who is pushing armed revolt and who isn't.

Argo mentioned it. Haven’t heard it from anyone else. You have already jumped him.

1 hour ago, auburnatl1 said:

The overthrow the gov stuff kinda put you in the totally bat sh!t crazy category. Glad you enjoyed Bible study. 

The point on price of potato chips was spot on. Mentioned it myself last football season after tailgate shopping. Biden could do better.

• Love 1

7 minutes ago, SaltyTiger said:

The point on price of potato chips was spot on. Mentioned it myself last football season after tailgate shopping. Biden could do better.

I’m eating fewer chips. Helped me set priorities. The price of baby carrots and raw potatoes are pretty good here. 

On 6/11/2024 at 3:13 PM, ArgoEagle said:

Man, please read your Bible.  Leviticus 18:22 "You shall not lie with a male as with a woman; it is an abomination

Leviticus 20:13  "If a man lies with a male as with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination;  they shall surely be put to death; their blood is upon them.

Deuteronomy 22:5  "A woman shall not wear a man's garment, nor shall a man put on a woman's cloak, for whoever does these things is an abomination to the Lord your God.  (Crossdressers & Transexuals)

God, not man, destroyed Sodom & Gamorrah with fire & brimstone (every living man, woman, child & animal) because of sexual immorality, in which the main sin mentioned that caused this was homosexuality)

If you or anyone else on this forum are going to make the statement that homosexuality is not sin, then you are contradicting these Bible verses (which were handed down by God for man to write).

I DON'T HATE ANY HUMAN BEING ON THIS EARTH.  MY HOPE IS THAT EVERY LIVING PERSON ACCEPTS JESUS AS THEIR SAVIOR THROUGH HIS DEATH, BURIAL, AND RESURRECTION.

That's not up to me.   But saying homosexuality is not a sin is incorrect (unless you don't believe God's Word; again that's up to you).  I provided you just a few verses to back what I said up. There are several more.

I did not write them nor inspire them, but I accept them bc they come from My Lord God Jehovah and nobody is going to change that with secular logic.

I don't know what you mean by I attacked you, but I have not said anything with the purpose of offending you, but if I did then I do apologize.

I'm sure someone here has already pointed this out.

Don't quote old testament to Christians. That's Judaic scripture, go yell at the Jewish people with it. Christians don't follow the Pentateuch  :lol: 

You might as well use British colonial laws for trumps trial.... no American follows it anymore ;) 

12 minutes ago, SaltyTiger said:

Forgive me. I’m lost. Potato chip inflation?

3 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

I’m eating fewer chips. Helped me set priorities. The price of baby carrots and raw potatoes are pretty good here. 

I tried replacing chips with baby carrots one day. 

Just now, SaltyTiger said:

It was in Argos post.

Ah, you obviously have gifts I don’t.  Missed it. Unhinged crazy does that to me.. I’m sure his potato chips comments were deeply insightful.

• Haha 2

13 minutes ago, SaltyTiger said:

It was in Argos post.

2 minutes ago, auburnatl1 said:

Ah, you obviously have gifts I don’t.  Missed it. Unhinged crazy does that to me.. I’m sure his potato chips comments were deeply insightful.

Chips I'm sure are involved.... but I have near doubled my income in the past 5 years. Yet am basically the same in financial situation as before. That's not good.

Whether you lay the blame on Biden or not I don't care, but it sucks... and I'd like to see a candidate with real plans to fix or alleviate the issue.

2 minutes ago, Mims44 said:

Chips I'm sure are involved.... but I have near doubled my income in the past 5 years. Yet am basically the same in financial situation as before. That's not good.

Whether you lay the blame on Biden or not I don't care, but it sucks... and I'd like to see a candidate with real plans to fix or alleviate the issue.

The funny thing is that as much as it sucks the US is outperforming pretty much every other developed nation with regards to keeping things stable. It’s a worldwide problem beyond any president’s ability to alleviate, but we’re doing better than practically everyone else. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Mims44 said:

Inflation is a tough one to fix. Pure global demand exceeds supply hell (and Ukraine being a major agriculture exporter doesn’t help). The worst part is the only historical solution was the fed raising interest rates… until it forced a recession.

Hoping for a soft landing.