Pride Month?

Just now, auburnatl1 said:

Salty, when did Jesus ever even mention homosexuality? There must be a 5th gospel im missing. 

Did not say he did. He did not need to. Made it very clear that the union of sex and marriage was to between a man and woman.

1 minute ago, SaltyTiger said:

Did not say he did. He did not need to. Made it very clear that the union of sex and marriage was to between a man and woman.

Respectfully, you did. Please reread your post. It’s simply not right.

My concern is some people seem to try to frantically dig through (and sometimes misuse) scripture to try to justify the most primal human instinct - I’m above or uncomfortable with people that aren’t like me.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jj3jordan said:

You don’t know what I did.  It’s idiotic for you to analyze me to rationalize sinful behavior in those who choose it.

So you did choose? How old were you?

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, auburnatl1 said:

Respectfully, you did. Please reread your post. It’s simply not right.

My concern is some people seem to try to frantically dig through (and sometimes misuse) scripture to try to justify the most primal human instinct - I’m above or uncomfortable with people that aren’t like me.

What specifically is not right?

4 minutes ago, SaltyTiger said:

What specifically is not right?

Homosexual acts are confirmed as wrong or sinful in the New by Jesus.”

Not true. And your quote about a man and woman becoming one (assume you mean Mark 10:8) in marriage is true. But again Christ never excluded gays either (never mentions once). 

We disagree and I’ll stop the Bible class debate to spare everyone else. 

3 hours ago, jj3jordan said:

I called you a ped?

you sure did.............

4 minutes ago, jj3jordan said:

When was that?

less than a week ago. why would i make that up?

7 hours ago, auburnatl1 said:

Homosexual acts are confirmed as wrong or sinful in the New by Jesus.”

Not true. And your quote about a man and woman becoming one (assume you mean Mark 10:8) in marriage is true. But again Christ never excluded gays either (never mentions once). 

We disagree and I’ll stop the Bible class debate to spare everyone else. 

In Matthew he takes you back to Genesis. Marriage is between “male and female”. 

Thanks and I will stop at that.

• Love 1

41 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

less than a week ago. why would i make that up?

Good question. Can you highlight the quote? I don’t remember calling you a pedo.

Why Christians will vote for Trump even with all his flaws:

11 hours ago, jj3jordan said:

It is a tactic people use to somehow justify their behavior by throwing outrageous accusations about Jesus, God, the Bible. 

Exactly Brother!   By the way, one of my nicknames is JJ.

33 minutes ago, ArgoEagle said:

Exactly Brother!   By the way, one of my nicknames is JJ.

Are you a West Florida guy?

1 hour ago, I_M4_AU said:

Why Christians will vote for Trump even with all his flaws:

This is spot on.  The liberals have brought these NON-POLITICAL Issues into politics slowly but surely, until they turned them into a (major) issue in deciding who votes for what candidate.  It's not by accident.  It's all part of The Master Plan for Democrats to take over our Government Permanently. Not for 4 years or 8 years, but permanently to where there will never be a Republican President in office again.  They call us Conservatives names like Racist, Bigot, Homophobe, Xenaphobe when we don't agree with their moral issues, and policies.

It was brought into the forefront and put in our faces when Obama was elected in 2008, was interrupted by Trump in 2016, which totally blew their minds bc they thought Hillary was a shoe in for President but SURPRISE!  The American People said we don't want your weak, lame Anti-American policies so we gonna elect a Non-Politician.   They run their campaign solely on people's emotions and the same old tired idealisms:  Trump hates black people, Trump hates Asians, Trump hates Hispanics, Trump hates LGBTQ, Trump is a dictator, Trump is mean, with Absolutely No Policies that will fix the fact that since Biden took over in 2021 the average Middle Class Person & Families that consist of most of the work force is just barely scraping by, and when we get finished paying our ridiculously high grocery bills, utility bills, and getting gas for our vehicles so we can make it to work, we have very little money left for any luxuries at all.

I don't need memes, or links, or sources to tell me that when Biden took over in 2021, I was paying less than $2.00 per gallon for gas in my town, and now it's over $3.00 per gallon, a large bag of potato chips was a little over $2 and now is over $4 per bag, my power bill & water & gas bills have doubled.  A 2 liter coke was $.99 & now it's about $2.50 on average.

These are the issues people are dealing with everyday.  These are the issues that punch people in the gut EVERY DAY!

I want it to go back to the way it was when Trump was in office, which included:

Prices for GAS & GROCERIES & UTILITIES THAT I COULD AFFORD

A SECURE BORDER TO LIMIT MIGRANTS TO PEOPLE WHO ACTUALLY GO THROUGH THE LEGAL PROCESS OF BECOMING A CITIZEN

FAIR ELECTIONS THAT REQUIRE CITIZENS WHO VOTE TO BE MONITORED AND QUALIFY TO ACTUALLY CAST (1 VOTE) LIKE IT USED TO BE.

SOLID FOREIGN POLICIES & MILITARY WHERE OTHER COUNTRIES
FEAR US IF THEY CROSS ANY LINES THAT ARE UNACCEPTABLE

These are real political issues that we used to have & they were awesome!

I wish that Trump would tone it down some & no he's not the most morally based person, but as long as Jesus Christ is not running for President, you're not going to find that person. So never on that point.

So the choice is vote for Biden & continue to have all his failed policies & continue to watch our country be taken over by the Government, and by our enemies.

Or vote for Trump; listen to him throw out a few insults, cuss some, and brag on himself some.  So what?   But will bring back the policies we had in place in 2020 before Biden's Group of Clowns turned the White House into a Circus Tent, and fix what Biden has broken!

Edited by ArgoEagle
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Wow 1

1 hour ago, jj3jordan said:

Good question. Can you highlight the quote? I don’t remember calling you a pedo.

no sir i am not quoting an insult after my sister was molested. you can call me an a**hole. you can call me a jerk. you can call me about anything but that was a deadly insult. i had to learn to live with her being molest while in grade school. if you cannot man up and apologize just leave me the hell alone. you have idea the hurt that caused but hey as long as YOU are not getting hurt it is ok right?

17 minutes ago, jj3jordan said:

Are you a West Florida guy?

Central Alabama

Just now, aubiefifty said:

no sir i am not quoting an insult after my sister was molested. you can call me an a**hole. you can call me a jerk. you can call me about anything but that was a deadly insult. i had to learn to live with her being molest while in grade school. if you cannot man up and apologize just leave me the hell alone. you have idea the hurt that caused but hey as long as YOU are not getting hurt it is ok right?

Never called you a pedo.  

• Dislike 1

1 minute ago, ArgoEagle said:

Central Alabama

UWF are the Argos. My daughter played golf there in 2010. Thought it may have been the Argo ref.

3 minutes ago, jj3jordan said:

UWF are the Argos. My daughter played golf there in 2010. Thought it may have been the Argo ref.

No. It's a small community that I grew up in & that's where my church is.

39 minutes ago, ArgoEagle said:

The American People said we don't want your weak, lame Anti-American policies so we gonna elect a Non-Politician.   

You could argue this point is incorrect since Hillary won the popular vote.

• Like 3
  • Facepalm 1

33 minutes ago, ArgoEagle said:

This is spot on.  The liberals have brought these NON-POLITICAL Issues into politics slowly but surely, until they turned them into a (major) issue in deciding who votes for what candidate.  It's not by accident.  It's all part of The Master Plan for Democrats to take over our Government Permanently. Not for 4 years or 8 years, but permanently to where there will never be a Republican President in office again.  They call us Conservatives names like Racist, Bigot, Homophobe, Xenaphobe when we don't agree with their moral issues, and policies.

It was brought into the forefront and put in our faces when Obama was elected in 2008, was interrupted by Trump in 2016, which totally blew their minds bc they thought Hillary was a shoe in for President but SURPRISE!  The American People said we don't want your weak, lame Anti-American policies so we gonna elect a Non-Politician.   They run their campaign solely on people's emotions and the same old tired idealisms:  Trump hates black people, Trump hates Asians, Trump hates Hispanics, Trump hates LGBTQ, Trump is a dictator, Trump is mean, with Absolutely No Policies that will fix the fact that since Biden took over in 2021 the average Middle Class Person & Families that consist of most of the work force is just barely scraping by, and when we get finished paying our ridiculously high grocery bills, utility bills, and getting gas for our vehicles so we can make it to work, we have very little money left for any luxuries at all.

I don't need memes, or links, or sources to tell me that when Biden took over in 2021, I was paying less than $2.00 per gallon for gas in my town, and now it's over $3.00 per gallon, a large bag of potato chips was a little over $2 and now is over $4 per bag, my power bill & water & gas bills have doubled.  A 2 liter coke was $.99 & now it's about $2.50 on average.

These are the issues people are dealing with everyday.  These are the issues that punch people in the gut EVERY DAY!

I want it to go back to the way it was when Trump was in office, which included:

A SECURE BORDER TO LIMIT MIGRANTS TO PEOPLE WHO ACTUALLY GO THROUGH THE LEGAL PROCESS OF BECOMING A CITIZEN

FAIR ELECTIONS THAT REQUIRE CITIZENS WHO VOTE TO BE MONITORED AND QUALIFY TO ACTUALLY CAST (1 VOTE) LIKE IT USED TO BE.

I wish that Trump would tone it down some & no he's not the most morally based person, but as long as Jesus Christ is not running for President, you're not going to find that person. So never on that point.

So the choice is vote for Biden & continue to have all his failed policies & continue to watch our country be taken over by the Government, and by our enemies.

Or vote for Trump; listen to him throw out a few insults, cuss some, and brag on himself some.  So what?   But will bring back the policies we had in place in 2020 before Biden's Group of Clowns turned the White House into a Circus Tent, and fix what Biden has broken!

Wow. Was that copied and pasted from a maga website? It’s literally their word for word playbook.

Anyway, when Trumps issues are just … “flaws”, you know it’s gonna be a fun read.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, ArgoEagle said:

This is blatant sacrilege!  It is offensive to God, Jesus, The Holy Spirit, and all Christians.

And homosexuality is not only a sin, but an Abomination to God!   

I had your posts blocked for a long while, and now I remember why.    May God have mercy on your soul.

Says you, not God.  You are the embodiment of religious-based intolerance.  You're no different from the "Christians" who burned old women as   "witches" because they had a mental illness.

And don't direct your ire at me.  I simply pointed out there is a debate on the manner.  I personally don't care one way or the other if Jesus was gay. 

And neither should you.

Edited by homersapien
  • Dislike 1

12 hours ago, jj3jordan said:

You don’t know what I did.  It’s idiotic for you to analyze me to rationalize sinful behavior in those who choose it.

I don't have to know your personal story.  I am attempting to reason with you.  The point is that for the vast majority of people, sexual attraction is baked into their journey thru life.  Someone doesn't come to a point and make a choice. 

If a straight male was told at 16 that he could only have sex with other males, would that remove his attraction to females?  Of course it wouldn't.  The same applies to a gay male being told he can only have sexual desires toward a female.  I really don't know why that is so difficult to understand, other than the fact that society has pushed a different narrative for so long.

• Like 2
  • Dislike 1

1 hour ago, ArgoEagle said:

Oh good Lord..... culture war politics is NOT an invention of Democrats.  Republicans latched onto abortion and rode that train as long as they could.  We live in a country that protects individual liberties.  We do not live in a theocracy. 

The conspiracy nonsense is just that... nonsense.

When it comes to Trump...........  You have chosen

67a892577652a6f8f56375af98bd8572-4076026054.jpg

Edited by AU9377
  • Like 3
  • Dislike 1

17 hours ago, Leftfield said:

Why do some believe it is sin for a person to be who they are when it does not harm someone else? Is it solely because they believe the Bible says so?

That, I submit, is the root of the problem (as Coffee illustrated so well).

Given it's history and it's origins, to believe that such a document in it's entirety represents the literal word of "God" is the foundational fallacy.

• Like 2