Is any major coach more openly partisan than Bruce Pearl?

3 hours ago, TexasTiger said:

And how does this relate to my post? I have zero problem with him doing that nor do I have a problem with him speaking in a synagogue or to Jewish groups. He can be the advisor to the student group if he wants. I think that kind of involvement in campus life is great. My post is about overtly partisan social media.

Is he though? Or is he just a dude who is gonna post what he thinks/believes no matter which political side it falls on.

15 hours ago, auburnatl1 said:

Btw I wonder if the right is always as positive about BPs positions. Ps Bruce is a gem, but by his nature he will drive anyone a little crazy. Just him being him.

image.thumb.png.b1e2e6eac374f587b1ca866ff6d9a8d9.png

https://x.com/giana_jade/status/1269747717787521027

Like this, I feel like this move was probably embraced more by the left than right.... right?

I think maybe, he doesn't care which side of the aisle his thoughts/beliefs happen to fall on. He's just going to state them.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Mims44 said:

Is he though? Or is he just a dude who is gonna post what he thinks/believes no matter which political side it falls on.

Like this, I feel like this move was probably embraced more by the left than right.... right?

I think maybe, he doesn't care which side of the aisle his thoughts/beliefs happen to fall on. He's just going to state them.

Yeah, he’s more routinely partisan than any coach I’m aware of. The only evidence for your claim of balance is a photo of him 4 years ago doing what scores of coaches believed they needed to do at the time- support players protesting the death of George Floyd. You may remember though that early on that wasn’t particularly partisan at all. It was only after excesses done in the name of BLM and large riots that the issue became more partisan. But he wasn’t particularly vocal and didn’t tweet much, if any, about it.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, I_M4_AU said:

Yes, of course *the right* is supportive of BP expressing his views as *the right* is alway supportive of free speech.  I am beginning to wonder if you are supportive of free speech or just the speech you approve of?

I follow your leadership on having an open mind and clarity of thought.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

3 minutes ago, auburnatl1 said:

I follow your leadership on having an open mind and clarity of thought.

Good.  

On 5/31/2024 at 10:23 AM, TexasTiger said:

IMG_2446.png

You are 100% right on this one, Texas. I don't follow every college coach, but I do keep an eye on right wing pundits like Clay Travis, who reposts Bruce and loves him. I haven't seen that for any other coach. 

I love Bruce as a basketball coach. I even like his personality. But this stuff is exhausting. 

It's also the same environment that got Freeze hired but that's another story. 

• Like 3

16 hours ago, TexasTiger said:

Yeah, he’s more routinely partisan than any coach I’m aware of. The only evidence for your claim of balance is a photo of him 4 years ago doing what scores of coaches believed they needed to do at the time- support players protesting the death of George Floyd. You may remember though that early on that wasn’t particularly partisan at all. It was only after excesses done in the name of BLM and large riots that the issue became more partisan. But he wasn’t particularly vocal and didn’t tweet much, if any, about it.

The only evidence for my claim was the evidence put forward in the thread in 3 full pages.

I don't and never have used X/Twitter, always seemed to be an app for celebrities to try to retain fame. Or else for idiots looking for echo chambers to huff their own farts in... though I looked up Bruce after your comment, but the cutoff seems to be 4 years, so I can't see anything he ever posted before 2020.

But I will agree, if the dude stayed silent through 4 years of Trump... didn't have one thing to complain about the POTUS that whole time... then yeah, clearly partisan :lol: 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Mims44 said:

But I will agree, if the dude stayed silent through 4 years of Trump... didn't have one thing to complain about the POTUS that whole time... then yeah, clearly partisan :lol: 

If Biden would have been the ally Israel needed during and after Oct. 7th, you would not have seen so many partisan posts.  You would have seen agreement on policies.  JMO

1 hour ago, I_M4_AU said:

If Biden would have been the ally Israel needed during and after Oct. 7th, you would not have seen so many partisan posts.  You would have seen agreement on policies.  JMO

What specifically would he have needed to do differently other than being their only real ally in the world and giving billions in weapons and aid?

2 hours ago, I_M4_AU said:

So if everybody would have just agreed with you, there would not have been a need to disagree so much?

Intetesting.

43 minutes ago, auburnatl1 said:

So if everybody would have just agreed with you, there would not have been a need to disagree so much?

Intetesting.

What is interesting is you believe I control what PB has to tweet.  I agree with what he tweets on this subject, but PB has his own thoughts.

You don’t have to agree with me, nobody does, but as Mims44 pointed out PB was really not active before 2020 and when he was it was over the George Floyd issue, which was OK as that was not presented on this board as partisan.

PB has been more active lately for a reason and now members of this board are saying he is partisan, yet they can’t figure out the connection.

Interesting.

2 hours ago, TexasTiger said:

What specifically would he have needed to do differently other than being their only real ally in the world and giving billions in weapons and aid?

Stop funding both sides of the conflict.  Biden has allowed $billions of dollars to flow to Iran since his tenure started.  He has financed Hamas and made them stronger since 2021.  It is not all about aid to Israel, its allowing Israel to finish the job without interfering in their struggle to survive as a nation.

America has a problem of not finishing a war and it has had that problem since Viet Nam.  Our enemies know this, see bin Laden, Afghanistan and now Ukraine.  

What is interesting is you believe I control what PB has to tweet.  I agree with what he tweets on this subject, but PB has his own thoughts.

You don’t have to agree with me, nobody does, but as Mims44 pointed out PB was really not active before 2020 and when he was it was over the George Floyd issue, which was OK as that was not presented on this board as partisan.

PB has been more active lately for a reason and now members of this board are saying he is partisan, yet they can’t figure out the connection.

Interesting.

You didn’t read Mims that well. 

Stop funding both sides of the conflict.  Biden has allowed $billions of dollars to flow to Iran since his tenure started.  He has financed Hamas and made them stronger since 2021.  It is not all about aid to Israel, its allowing Israel to finish the job without interfering in their struggle to survive as a nation.

America has a problem of not finishing a war and it has had that problem since Viet Nam.  Our enemies know this, see bin Laden, Afghanistan and now Ukraine.  

You think that would make Bruce “happy” with Biden?

3 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

I think the question is how do you define  “finishing the job”.  Precise Hamas individual names. And then how many more innocents are you willing to sacrifice to get them. 

I’ve always argued the amount of global villianization (long term consequences) Israel is taking on isn’t worth this. And will cost them big down the road. But even a bad plan has to look like it is an actual plan with specific goals.

• Like 4

29 minutes ago, auburnatl1 said:

I think the question is how do you define  “finishing the job”.  Precise Hamas individual names. And then how many more innocents are you willing to sacrifice to get them. 

I’ve always argued the amount of global villianization (long term consequences) Israel is taking on isn’t worth this. And will cost them big down the road. But even a bad plan has to look like it is an actual plan with specific goals.

I’m all for targeting Hamas in an intelligent, strategic way Israel was once known for. This is the visceral approach from their MAGAesque wing running the country now.

• Like 2

On 6/1/2024 at 7:55 AM, TexasTiger said:

I haven’t narrowed him to a subject. He was out of basketball for a few years for the same reasons.

Did you used to go by Titan Tiger, or is that a different species, uh I mean person?

2 minutes ago, ArgoEagle said:

Did you used to go by Titan Tiger, or is that a different species, uh I mean person?

Texas is big, but Titan is Titan:

The noun titan comes from Greek mythology, in which the Titans were a race of gods. Today, a titan is someone who is god-like, or powerful and influential in a certain field.

@TitanTiger

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, ArgoEagle said:

that is so lame........titan would eat your lunch argo and i am dead serious

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

I’m all for targeting Hamas in an intelligent, strategic way Israel was once known for. This is the visceral approach from their MAGAesque wing running the country now.

I agree. The IDF was reputed to be man for man the most effective force on the planet. Theyve looked Russian carpet bombing clumsy and inept sometimes. Very surprised and disappointed.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, auburnatl1 said:

I agree. The IDF was reputed to be man for man the most effective force on the planet. Theyve looked Russian carpet bombing clumsy and inept sometimes. Very surprised and disappointed.

Acting in uncontrolled anger (and fear of losing power) will do that.

4 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

that is so lame........titan would eat your lunch argo and i am dead serious

No sir.  Nobody eats my lunch but me.

7 minutes ago, ArgoEagle said:

No sir.  Nobody eats my lunch but me.

Titan’s already had lunch. But keep your eye on dinner.

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

Bahaha

• Haha 1

If Biden did that from the Oct. 7th on, PB would have only been complimentary.  JMO of course.

• Haha 1

you can be funny! do it more often boss.................

• Like 1