Is any major coach more openly partisan than Bruce Pearl?

9 hours ago, Cardin Drake said:

Nobody can solve that riddle anyway so what's the point of offering your opinion publicly. 

It shows his passion and Bruce is a passionate guy.  That is one reason his players love him.

1 hour ago, I_M4_AU said:

To equate a BB coach as the spokesman for the university is beyond ridiculous.

While I didn’t equate him as spokesman as you claim, the fact is he is probably the most well known Auburn staff person in the country. Better known than the president and probably Hugh Freeze. 

He needs to raise money now year around to do his job. If he’d rather be political on social media, step down and do that. I respect folks who prioritize their values. I don’t respect folks who take millions of dollars from their employer and then do whatever the hell they want.

And you’re a huge hypocrite. If an Auburn coach was retweeting BLM or Hamas motivated by his religious views you’d take a totally different position. You don’t respect folks acting on their religion. You respect folks who share your biases.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

And you’re a huge hypocrite. If an Auburn coach was retweeting BLM or Hamas motivated by his religious views you’d take a totally different position. You don’t respect folks acing on their religion. You respect folks who share your biases.

It amazes me how liberals can voice their opinions about people they don’t even know.  Keep it up, you’re batting 0.00%

21 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

And you’re a huge hypocrite. If an Auburn coach was retweeting BLM or Hamas motivated by his religious views you’d take a totally different position. You don’t respect folks acing on their religion. You respect folks who share your biases.

You left out his biggest agitator LGBTQ

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

It amazes me how liberals can voice their opinions about people they don’t even know.  Keep it up, you’re batting 0.00%

I’ve seen you here. My opinion is based on your actions.

• Like 1

But my question remains unanswered. I’m not aware of ANY coach more partisan on social media. Does anyone know of one?

25 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

I’ve seen you here. My opinion is based on your actions.

And it still remains *your opinion*.

32 minutes ago, arein0 said:

You left out his biggest agitator LGBTQ

Again, untrue.  I am a loud agitator of the LGBTQaksjfla coalition fighting to have children irrevocably harmed by puberty blockers and sterilizing surgeries before those children know what life is all about.  If you are a part of the LGBTQ community and just live your life, I have no problem with that.

You are a typical lefty on this forum that assumes way too much.

• Haha 1

39 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

But my question remains unanswered. I’m not aware of ANY coach more partisan on social media. Does anyone know of one?

I guess you will have to complain to the University to see if you can stifle his free speach.  You are good at that.

11 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

I guess you will have to complain to the University to see if you can stifle his free speach.  You are good at that.

Right. You can’t engage in the most basic of discussion when you hold a contrary view. You usually resort to making things up. I haven’t stifled your inane blathering, have I?

8 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

Right. You can’t engage in the most basic of discussion when you hold a contrary view. You usually resort to making things up. I haven’t stifled your inane blathering, have I?

So holding a contrary view is looked upon as not discussing?  I definitely have different views than you express and I can see why you believe it is inane blather.  Let me know if you get close to stifling my speech.

For the record, when you post articles about restricting gender affirming care on minors, I wholeheartedly agree with you.

1 hour ago, I_M4_AU said:

This is not having a discussion.

37 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

So holding a contrary view is looked upon as not discussing?  I definitely have different views than you express and I can see why you believe it is inane blather.  Let me know if you get close to stifling my speech.

For the record, when you post articles about restricting gender affirming care on minors, I wholeheartedly agree with you.

On 6/1/2024 at 12:26 PM, TexasTiger said:

He’s a guy who by necessity must have his hand out for donations. Thus my question— there are hundreds of coaches. Are ANY more overtly partisan routinely on social media?

Shouldn’t matter in this context. 

• Like 1
  • Dislike 1

10 hours ago, TexasTiger said:

Not that I know of. Could be others but I don’t get information from other sites about coaches. Just know that Bruce is very approachable and open. His beliefs and passions are a part of the package. Know he is deeply passionate concerning Israel.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SaltyTiger said:

Not that I know of. Could be others but I don’t get information from other sites about coaches. Just know that Bruce is very approachable and open. His beliefs and passions are a part of the package. Know he is deeply passionate concerning Israel.

One can do that without being overtly partisan.

Just now, TexasTiger said:

One can do that without being overtly partisan.

Doubt that Bruce can. Very open and honest. Pumps his own gas and even checks his own tire pressure. Always a smile and loves a handshake and a “War Eagle”. Butch Thompson much the same but not political. We are fortunate to have both.

Take and forget change with Bruce. 

• Thanks 1

Coach Pearl recently spoke in the pulpit of First Methodist Church of Opelika. He was introduced as a guest by the church's pastor. Coach Pearl did a great job sharing his beliefs and wasn't critical of anyone else's beliefs. I enjoyed this occasion very much. Dylan Cardwell will be a guest speaker to the  youth at Christ Methodist Church in Auburn next Sunday. These interchanges are a part of the real Auburn family as opposed to this board which unfortunately calls itself the Auburn Family.

• Dislike 1

33 minutes ago, Son of A Tiger said:

These interchanges are a part of the real Auburn family as opposed to this board which unfortunately calls itself the Auburn Family.

So when someone disagrees  I’ve noticed they quickly become unAmerican or, in this case, unAuburn.

Accurate or am I missing something?

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, Son of A Tiger said:

Coach Pearl recently spoke in the pulpit of First Methodist Church of Opelika. He was introduced as a guest by the church's pastor. Coach Pearl did a great job sharing his beliefs and wasn't critical of anyone else's beliefs. I enjoyed this occasion very much. Dylan Cardwell will be a guest speaker to the  youth at Christ Methodist Church in Auburn next Sunday. These interchanges are a part of the real Auburn family as opposed to this board which unfortunately calls itself the Auburn Family.

Did you attend?

Posted (edited)
On 6/1/2024 at 10:23 PM, AURex said:

The reality is that most southern coaches are seriously going to play the religious card. Auburn football was heavy into Christian athletics for decades. Now, just look at Dabo Sweeny spouting the word. They all do it because a lot of these recruits come from families(moms) that are really into religion.

This is a problem for the players who are not deeply evangelical religious types, being forced to sit in with those amen-amen-amen type team meetings. And as for the coaches, well, ya know, whether they buy into all that stuff themselves or not, they gotta put up the facade.

As for CBP, well, he is out there with his religion and not restrained about it. Does it land him recruits? I guess he thinks so. Do I want to hear about his personal beliefs? Nope! Just as I did not want to hear about the football coaches doing their Christian athletes thing for previous decades in football.

I suspect religion is a strong part of the "culture" Freeze is cultivating also.

Edited by homersapien
  • Like 2
  • Dislike 1

12 hours ago, auburnatl1 said:

So when someone disagrees  I’ve noticed they quickly become unAmerican or, in this case, unAuburn.

Accurate or am I missing something?

Only when they are nasty and call each other names,

59 minutes ago, Son of A Tiger said:

Yes!

And how does this relate to my post? I have zero problem with him doing that nor do I have a problem with him speaking in a synagogue or to Jewish groups. He can be the advisor to the student group if he wants. I think that kind of involvement in campus life is great. My post is about overtly partisan social media.

15 hours ago, auburnatl1 said:

Btw I wonder if the right is always as positive about BPs positions. Ps Bruce is a gem, but by his nature he will drive anyone a little crazy. Just him being him.

image.thumb.png.b1e2e6eac374f587b1ca866ff6d9a8d9.png

https://x.com/giana_jade/status/1269747717787521027

Yes, of course *the right* is supportive of BP expressing his views as *the right* is alway supportive of free speech.  I am beginning to wonder if you are supportive of free speech or just the speech you approve of?

• Facepalm 1