Is any major coach more openly partisan than Bruce Pearl?

9 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

Why should I do the work you should be doing to prove me wrong.  Like I said, a cop out.

Post a bunch of garbage and expect others to police your idiocy.

You're the human version of Fox News.

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1
  • Facepalm 1

1 hour ago, autigeremt said:

Bruce Pearl, shut your mouth! You are a basketball coach, not a US Citizen paying taxes and voting in elections. Shame on you. 

He’s a guy who by necessity must have his hand out for donations. Thus my question— there are hundreds of coaches. Are ANY more overtly partisan routinely on social media?

6 minutes ago, Leftfield said:

yo sir are way too nice. if you lie to win a political argument or even a discussion you suck.............i mention no name to protect the idiot........

• Haha 2

29 minutes ago, Leftfield said:

I don’t expect anybody to police my thoughts, but if you disagree shouldn’t you have the responsibility to *set me straight*?  Yes, a cop out.

4 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

I don’t expect anybody to police my thoughts, but if you disagree shouldn’t you have the responsibility to *set me straight*?  Yes, a cop out.

So let's recap:

• OP asks if any coach is more openly partisan than Bruce Pearl, showing a repost that has nothing to do with Israel.
  • You say Pearl is simply defending Israel by going after Biden due to his handling of the current conflict.
  • I point out the OP said nothing about Israel.
  • You ask why I think Pearl is openly partisan, which logically implies you think he's partisan because of Israel.
  • I point out Pearl has been openly partisan long before Israel's current conflict.
  • You say "not with the frequency he has since" October 7, thereby moving the goalposts.
  • I point out that you moved the goal posts and also threw out a baseless assertion, and you say you're just posting your thoughts and I'm responsible for setting you straight.
  • The world sees further proof of why MAGA is MAGA.
  • The cheese stands alone.
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Facepalm 1

I can’t answer the “most partisan” question because almost all other coaches stay out of politics, so who knows what they’re thinking. Bruce’s biggest gift is his unfiltered passion. There are also consequences to it. Ie getting him to shut up about things he cares about. And at this point in his career - if anyone tried to muzzle him, he’d probably just walk away from coaching. Is what it is.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, auburnatl1 said:

I can’t answer the “most partisan” question because almost all other coaches stay out of politics, so who knows what they’re thinking. Bruce’s biggest gift is his unfiltered passion. There are also consequences to it. Ie getting him to shut up about things he cares about. And at this point in his career - if anyone tried to muzzle him, he’d probably just walk away from coaching. Is what it is.

he is not a crook so it is ok to me. he does not dog whistle violence all the time. when trump is gone i have no idea what i will bitch about next..............

14 minutes ago, Leftfield said:

So let's recap:

• OP asks if any coach is more openly partisan than Bruce Pearl, showing a repost that has nothing to do with Israel.
  • You say Pearl is simply defending Israel by going after Biden due to his handling of the current conflict.
  • You ask why I think Pearl is openly partisan, which logically implies you think he's partisan because of Israel.
  • I point out Pearl has been openly partisan long before Israel's current conflict.
  • You say "not with the frequency he has since" October 7, thereby moving the goalposts.
  • I point out that you moved the goal posts and also threw out a baseless assertion, and you say you're just posting your thoughts and I'm responsible for setting you straight.

That's a good example of why I quit wasting my time on him.  Thanks for your effort.  :bow:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Facepalm 1

6 minutes ago, auburnatl1 said:

I can’t answer the “most partisan” question because almost all other coaches stay out of politics, so who knows what they’re thinking.

That's funny. ;D

9 minutes ago, homersapien said:

That's a good example of why I quit wasting my time on him.  Thanks for your effort.  :bow:

he is worse than social circle. and he got banned for the same thing. now i am not trying to get anyone banned for the record.

3 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

he is worse than social circle. and he got banned for the same thing. now i am not trying to get anyone banned for the record.

IM4 drives me crazy but I respect that he has the guts to say it. Defending Trump isn’t an easy gig, but like it or not, half of the country is voting for him - might as well understand why. Ps know you don’t support - but my 2 cents - dear lord, no more banning.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, auburnatl1 said:

IM4 drives me crazy but I respect that he has the guts to say it. Defending Trump isn’t an easy gig, but like it or not, half of the country is voting for him - might as well understand why. Ps know you don’t support - but my 2 cents - dear lord, no more banning.

i have never tried to get anyone banned. that is what iggy is for. but they tried like hell to get me gone. i was never told names but it really happened. i admit i raised hell tho. i acted like trump acts and folks could not take it. grins

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, aubiefifty said:

Then why keep bringing up social circle getting banned and I do the same?  If you truly have me on ignore, you’re doing a poor job of ignoring me.

1 hour ago, aubiefifty said:

i have never tried to get anyone banned. that is what iggy is for. but they tried like hell to get me gone. i was never told names but it really happened. i admit i raised hell tho. i acted like trump acts and folks could not take it. grins

Are you saying Iggy gets people banned?  Any MOD want to confirm?

2 hours ago, Leftfield said:

So let's recap:

First bullet point:  both Hammer and Shapiro are Jewish and have worked together at the Daily Wire.  To say they have nothing to do with Israel is just more of your made up narrative.

2nd point: yes

3rd point: refer to the 1st.

4th point:  You never did answer did you.

5th point: You pointed it out with no evidence of your summation.  I don’t believe you.

6th point:  Is it not true that Bruce has ramped up his political messageing after Biden started to straddle the fence?

7th point: true

8th point: Typical lefist drivel

9th point:  what is the point?

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

Just in the last 24 hours, but his political rants has nothing to do with how Biden is handling the crisis in Israel.

42 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

Just in the last 24 hours, but his political rants has nothing to do with how Biden is handling the crisis in Israel.

I know you strongly support BP’s position so I wonder if you’d still be such a free speech warrior and support his posts if he was pro-Gaza? If I remember correctly you were going a little nutty about the campus protesters

Free speech is fickle some times.

8 minutes ago, auburnatl1 said:

I know you strongly support BP’s position so I wonder if you’d still be such a free speech warrior and support his posts if he was pro-Gaza? If I remember correctly you were going a little nutty about the campus protesters

Free speech is fickle some times.

Would I support anybody that were pro-Hamas; NO.  Do they have a right to say it; sure.  Do they have a right to trespass and commander private buildings?  NO.

It’s not fickle at all.

2 hours ago, I_M4_AU said:

Would I support anybody that were pro-Hamas; NO.  Do they have a right to say it; sure.  Do they have a right to trespass and commander private buildings?  NO.

It’s not fickle at all.

You would apoplectic if he was supporting Joe and damning Trump, which I’d see as at least equally stupid— maybe more so for where he’s at.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

You would apoplectic if he was supporting Joe and damning Trump, which I’d see as at least equally stupid— maybe more so for where he’s at.

He isn’t supporting Trump in his statements.  Where are you getting this?  Biden has turned on Israel and Bruce is speaking out, it has NOTHING to do with Trump.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

He isn’t supporting Trump in his statements.  Where are you getting this?  Biden has turned on Israel and Bruce is speaking out, it has NOTHING to do with Trump.

IMG_2460.jpeg

• Haha 1
  • Facepalm 1

5 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

IMG_2460.jpeg

So if he dissed on Trump because Trump was not supporting Israel I would understand.  It would be his opinion based on his views.  Hope that helps.  So is the only reason you are calling out Bruce is his views on Biden?

1 minute ago, I_M4_AU said:

So if he dissed on Trump because Trump was not supporting Israel I would understand.  It would be his opinion based on his views.  Hope that helps.  So is the only reason you are calling out Bruce is his views on Biden?

Missing the point, still. I think we’ve seen many universities realizing the foolishness of getting overtly political. As academic institutions, they don’t need to be playing into the polarization in America. For any administrator (which is what Bruce is), it’s a huge mistake. For a coach who has to have his hand out 24/7 these days, it’s reckless. Utterly mind numbingly reckless. Why risk offending recruits or donors? It’s stupid. Get focused. Hold whatever views you want. Share them with friends and families if you want. Donate your money how you want. But use your social media platform to advance your team & school.

• Love 1

The reality is that most southern coaches are seriously going to play the religious card. Auburn football was heavy into Christian athletics for decades. Now, just look at Dabo Sweeny spouting the word. They all do it because a lot of these recruits come from families(moms) that are really into religion.

This is a problem for the players who are not deeply evangelical religious types, being forced to sit in with those amen-amen-amen type team meetings. And as for the coaches, well, ya know, whether they buy into all that stuff themselves or not, they gotta put up the facade.

As for CBP, well, he is out there with his religion and not restrained about it. Does it land him recruits? I guess he thinks so. Do I want to hear about his personal beliefs? Nope! Just as I did not want to hear about the football coaches doing their Christian athletes thing for previous decades in football.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Facepalm 1

There's just no upside to talking politics as a coach.  You're going to piss somebody off and it's not like anybody is wondering what a basketball coach's position is on the middle east.  Nobody can solve that riddle anyway so what's the point of offering your opinion publicly. 

• Like 3

11 hours ago, TexasTiger said:

Missing the point, still. I think we’ve seen many universities realizing the foolishness of getting overtly political. As academic institutions, they don’t need to be playing into the polarization in America. For any administrator (which is what Bruce is), it’s a huge mistake. For a coach who has to have his hand out 24/7 these days, it’s reckless. Utterly mind numbingly reckless. Why risk offending recruits or donors? It’s stupid. Get focused. Hold whatever views you want. Share them with friends and families if you want. Donate your money how you want. But use your social media platform to advance your team & school.

University’s are foolish to get overtly political as Harvard, MIT and a host of other have done.  When the spokesman for the university is talking to congress and represents the university it really hits home and they have paid for it, dearly.  To equate a BB coach as the spokesman for the university is beyond ridiculous.

You did his on a point of contention in today’s world.  The universities are so driven by the almighty dollar they are willing to sell their literal soul to keep the money flowing.  The universities that were overtly political have been receiving monies from foreign entities and has bent to their will.

I admire Bruce, as well as Hugh, for putting their religion in the spotlight.  They actually stand for something other than the dollar.  If that stance affects their performance on the court or field, I am sure Auburn will address the issue.

Like so many liberals, the fear that someone might no like what you are saying has driven policy.  There are no men left and when we see one we have a tendency to try to tear him down.

• Like 1