Is any major coach more openly partisan than Bruce Pearl?

Bruce better be paying attention to his team as much as he does politics and social media. 

The SEC is pretty loaded and Alabama in particular has had an amazing offseason and will be one of the favorites to win the conference next season. 

• Like 3

News Flash: Bruce Pearl is Jewish.

He is defending Israel and if that includes going after the leader of the free world for his actions that seemed to be against Israel, he has a right to do so.  If Biden acts like an ally, Bruce would have no problem with him.

58 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

He is defending Israel and if that includes going after the leader of the free world for his actions that seemed to be against Israel, he has a right to do so.  If Biden acts like an ally, Bruce would have no problem with him.

Fyi almost half the nba has Jewish owners (14). I wouldn’t panic about israel not being well represented or supported by the sport

1 hour ago, I_M4_AU said:

News flash- your record for failing to add substance to the conversation remains intact.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, I_M4_AU said:

Umm...what does the OP have to do with Israel?

• Like 1

12 hours ago, auburnatl1 said:

Fyi almost half the nba has Jewish owners (14). I wouldn’t panic about israel not being well represented or supported by the sport

Who is questioning the support Israel is getting from the sport?  Bruce is disappointed about how this administration is in supporting Israel during a war with Hamas.

12 hours ago, Leftfield said:

Umm...what does the OP have to do with Israel?

Why do you think Bruce is so *openly partisan*?

12 hours ago, TexasTiger said:

News flash- your record for failing to add substance to the conversation remains intact.

What is your thought on why Bruce is openly partican?  You throughout the subject and expect everyone just to agree with you?  Typical.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

What is your thought on why Bruce is openly partican?  You throughout the subject and expect everyone just to agree with you?  Typical.

Bruce makes a number of posts on Israel. I didn’t cite one of those. I cited one that only the most partisan of folks would retweet.

My thoughts on the reason for him displaying his level of partisanship on social media? Extremely poor judgement and poor impulse control.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

Extremely poor judgement and poor impulse control.

About what subject?  You’re hopelessly a cultist.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

About what subject?  You’re hopelessly a cultist.

I haven’t narrowed him to a subject. He was out of basketball for a few years for the same reasons.

2 hours ago, I_M4_AU said:

Why do you think Bruce is so *openly partisan*?

So nothing, then.

Thanks.

51 minutes ago, Leftfield said:

So nothing, then.

Thanks.

I was giving you the benefit of the doubt and thought you might figure it out, but alas….

11 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

I was giving you the benefit of the doubt and thought you might figure it out, but alas….

But alas....you think Pearl is only openly partisan because he supports Israel?

Sounds plausible.

5 minutes ago, Leftfield said:

But alas....you think Pearl is only openly partisan because he supports Israel?

Sounds plausible.

No, he is openly partisan because this administration (Biden) has undermined Israel’s effort to rid the world of Hamas.  

7 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

No, he is openly partisan because this administration (Biden) has undermined Israel’s effort to rid the world of Hamas.  

So he was never open about his political thoughts before October 7? 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Leftfield said:

So he was never open about his political thoughts before October 7? 

Not with the frequency he has since that date.

It’s the age old question if “celebrity” should be used in a political context. I personally wish that Hollywood and sports guys stayed out of it - but it’s the culture today and is his right (so long as it doesn’t violate his contract or hurt the university).

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

Not with the frequency he has since that date.

Ah, the ol' qualifier.

Don't worry....your streak of never admitting you're wrong is still intact.

• Facepalm 1

1 minute ago, Leftfield said:

Ah, the ol' qualifier.

Don't worry....your streak of never admitting you're wrong is still intact.

What a cop out.  

• Like 1

Bruce Pearl, shut your mouth! You are a basketball coach, not a US Citizen paying taxes and voting in elections. Shame on you. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Facepalm 1

15 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

What a cop out.  

I'm sure you've done a statistical analysis of his posting frequency before and after. You're well know for your keen logical eye and attention to detail.

• Haha 3

41 minutes ago, Leftfield said:

I'm sure you've done a statistical analysis of his posting frequency before and after. You're well know for your keen logical eye and attention to detail.

Why should I do the work you should be doing to prove me wrong.  Like I said, a cop out.

• Like 1

The irony here is that Biden's policies have at their core a concern of what is best for Israel.

Netanyahu - and the ultra right - is a curse on Israel and the damage they have created will last for generations.

• Like 3
  • Facepalm 1