What SEC teams have the strongest rosters

On 6/3/2024 at 10:49 AM, arktiger1975 said:

I think Aden made a very poor choice choosing UAT when there was a good chance all along that Sears would be back. He should have chosen another program. It just goes to show that making a decision purely out of petty and spite usually backfires.

I have to agree, his playing time will be substantially less (if not half) and the biggest part of his game needing improvement was defense (his shot will come with age), which he definitely won't get at bammer 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

I’m guessing you actually only read that first sentence of that post and skimmed past the rest? 
It’s a projection about where their roster ranks right now based on recent past and present factors. It’s not a “I know Auburn will have the best SEC roster in March” 

No. I looked at the projected rosters. Arkansas loaded with 5 star players and quality transfers. Texas ranked as a top 25 team. Bama and Tennessee both ranked higher than Auburn in the way too early NCAA ranking.

Personally, I think Auburn has a really solid team and can potentially be one of the best teams in the SEC. But is it a slam dunk? NO!

I think you misunderstood my post.

21 hours ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

every thread is a thread dedicated to rankings if you make it so 

I think that's a fair spot for us considering the upgrades we made at guard.  I know we all thought AH was an approvement last year before the season, but we saw what happened there.  

If Pegues & Pettiford are as advertised, we can nickname them the Prolific P's.  We will see.

I will have to see if the coaches around the country have picked up on how to shut down Bama's 3 point shooting like Bruce & a couple of other coaches did at the end of last year, and also they will have to prove to me that they have an inside game that can bail them out when the 3's are either defended or not falling. Until then I'm not buying stock on Bama.

Lastly, UCLA has been my second favorite college sports team behind AU since I was a young boy (a very long time).  I don't know why I started liking them, but I did for some reason.  UCLA better have picked up some high octane offensive players from what they had last year bc they were unbearable to watch on the offensive end last year.  They definitely have to prove they deserve that ranking.

That being said, there's probably a 1 in 1000 chance that the Final Top 25 winds up like this guy predicted.

15 hours ago, iguana said:

I have to agree, his playing time will be substantially less (if not half) and the biggest part of his game needing improvement was defense (his shot will come with age), which he definitely won't get at bammer 

You're right about that statement.   Bama's 3 point shooting mainly comes from screeners sneaking out to the 3 point line after setting a screen & getting kick outs from their guards driving.

Aden's little butt is pretty much incapable of setting screens.

3 minutes ago, ArgoEagle said:

I think that's a fair spot for us considering the upgrades we made at guard.  I know we all thought AH was an approvement last year before the season, but we saw what happened there.  

If Pegues & Pettiford are as advertised, we can nickname them the Prolific P's.  We will see.

I will have to see if the coaches around the country have picked up on how to shut down Bama's 3 point shooting like Bruce & a couple of other coaches did at the end of last year, and also they will have to prove to me that they have an inside game that can bail them out when the 3's are either defended or not falling. Until then I'm not buying stock on Bama.

Lastly, UCLA has been my second favorite college sports team behind AU since I was a young boy (a very long time).  I don't know why I started liking them, but I did for some reason.  UCLA better have picked up some high octane offensive players from what they had last year bc they were unbearable to watch on the offensive end last year.  They definitely have to prove they deserve that ranking.

That being said, there's probably a 1 in 1000 chance that the Final Top 25 winds up like this guy predicted.

Yeah I personally wouldn’t have us at 3, but I’m not mad at it. I don’t have the reasoning for why he had us that high, but if I was trying to stand in someone else’s shoes, I can make the case pretty easy. 
Top 10 team in NET, should’ve been a top 3 seed in the NCAA, retains much of their front court except Jaylin, an admittedly passive player. Their weakness was the PG play and that can’t be worse. Vet laden, 10 deep again, SEC may be significantly worse at the top (could be a bit better in the middle). 

The case isn’t hard to make