Preseason Rankings

GO1XRaEWkAAvlLG.jpg

• Like 1

It’s going to be like this for the rest of the preseason magazines. UAT makes them money, despite having the 5th or 6th best roster. I mean, how is Purdue in the top 10? I still say Baylor is overrated as well. And UNC is getting way too much love. Finally, not having Auburn in the top 10 is farcical.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

Auburn needs to make major noise this year or we will disappear. Bruce doesn’t deserve it but the pressure is intense to deliver or slide into mediocrity. It is encouraging to see Auburn ranked as the second best sec team. Notice no Kentucky to be seen.

Edited by TigerOne

1 hour ago, AUSCalum87 said:

It’s going to be like this for the rest of the preseason magazines. UAT makes them money, despite having the 5th or 6th best roster. I mean, how is Purdue in the top 10? I still say Baylor is overrated as well. And UNC is getting way too much love. Finally, not having Auburn in the top 10 is farcical.

Purdue still has the same suspect guards, with no Eady to bail them out. I would say definitely the most overrated team on that list.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, arktiger1975 said:

Purdue still has the same suspect guards, with no Eady to bail them out. I would say definitely the most overrated team on that list.

Yea, I have no idea what they are looking at with Purdue. I’ll go as far to say they are a fringe top 25 team. That’s why though I don’t pay attention to these preseason rankings. There’s very little substance on how they rank and more about pushing narratives and agendas to promote certain programs. Like I said, UAT has a top 10 roster like Auburn. Neither one have a top 5 roster.

7 minutes ago, TigerOne said:

Auburn needs to make major noise this year or we will disappear. Bruce doesn’t deserve it but the pressure is intense to deliver or slide into mediocrity. It is encouraging to see Auburn ranked as the second best sec team. Notice no Kentucky to be seen.

I don’t know if I would go that far, but I do agree, with this roster and having possibly at least 3 players who could be on NBA rosters next year with Broome, Kelly and Pettiford, I will be extremely disappointed if we don’t get to the very least the Elite 8. Without knowing how our schedule sets up, it’s difficult to make a prediction in conference but just going by who our conference opponents will be, I believe the floor with this team is 12-6 and the ceiling is 16-2. 

1 minute ago, AUSCalum87 said:

Yea, I have no idea what they are looking at with Purdue. I’ll go as far to say they are a fringe top 25 team. That’s why though I don’t pay attention to these preseason rankings. There’s very little substance on how they rank and more about pushing narratives and agendas to promote certain programs. Like I said, UAT has a top 10 roster like Auburn. Neither one have a top 5 roster.

I think Ole Miss is ranked too high there too. Texas A & M, Tennessee, and probably even Arkansas are better. And I'm not buying UCLA, Cronin seems kind of washed up. His style doesn't fit LA either. Kind of a West Coast Virginia.

Just now, arktiger1975 said:

I think Ole Miss is ranked too high there too. Texas A & M, Tennessee, and probably even Arkansas are better. And I'm not buying UCLA, Cronin seems kind of washed up. His style doesn't fit LA either. Kind of a West Coast Virginia.

So I think Ole Miss could make some noise, how much I’m not really sure. They do have some really good pieces and as much as I loathe their coach he can coach. 

The SEC is LOADED this year. I think there are 5 tiers: 

Tier 1: Auburn, UAT

Tier 2: UF and A&M

Tier 3: UT, Arkansas, UK and Texas

Tier 4: Ole Miss, MSU, UGA and LSU

Tier 5: Mizzou, South Carolina, Vanderbilt and Oklahoma

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, TigerOne said:

I always look forward to your positive and upbeat takes on any AU sport. You are the ultimate AU fan! Can't wait for your take on AU golf. 

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, JuscAUse! said:

I always look forward to your positive and upbeat takes on any AU sport. You are the ultimate AU fan! Can't wait for your take on AU golf. 

Well they are National Champions so what else is there to say?

Reality is hard for those that don’t see.

Edited by TigerOne

49 minutes ago, TigerOne said:

Well they are National Champions so what else is there to say?

Reality is hard for those that don’t see.

Well, it's a positive thing so I assumed you didn't know about it.