He is Guilty on ALL charges.........

watch the news! i love it! He is now  convicted! happy dance!

i am pretty sure card thought he would get off tight? remind me not to use him if i need a lawyer. lets see JJ come in and take up for his buddy trump................the chosen one.

Posted (edited)

Updated 2 min ago

Trump verdict live updates: Trump found guilty of 34 counts of falsifying business records, becoming the first U.S. president to be convicted of criminal charges

Yahoo News Staff

Updated Thu, May 30, 2024 at 4:19 PM CDT

Donald Trump appears in Manhattan Criminal Court, Thursday, May 30, 2024, in New York. (Seth Wenig/Pool via AP)

Donald Trump was convicted of falsifying business records to influence the 2016 presidential campaign Thursday in a historic trial that saw a former U.S. president face criminal charges for the first time.

A New York jury found Trump guilty of 34 counts, related to a $130,000 payment made to adult film actress Stormy Daniels. The prosecution had alleged Daniels was paid to keep secret a 2006 tryst she had with Trump in order to influence the results of the 2016 election, which Trump ultimately won.

The trial lasted a month and a half and was plenty eventful. In addition to the fiery testimonies of Daniels and Trump’s former lawyer Michael Cohen, Trump was held in contempt of court 10 times and fined $10,000 for violating a gag order against attacking people involved with the trial. Many Republican leaders, including House Speaker Mike Johnson, traveled to New York to speak out in support of the 2024 Republican presidential candidate.

Trump, who did not testify in his defense, has yet to be sentenced in the case and is likely to appeal the verdict. The result may have an impact on Trump's chances to reclaim the White House, however. Recent Yahoo News/YouGov polling suggested a conviction would hurt Trump in head-to-head polling against President Joe Biden.

Below, get live updates on the case, including direct quotes and other details from media reports.

Live94 updates

Edited by aubiefifty

the first pres ever convicted of a felony. i know it is a sad day for you boys but buckle up it is going to be a long ride...

1 minute ago, aubiefifty said:

the first pres ever convicted of a felony. i know it is a sad day for you boys but buckle up it is going to be a long ride...

Can he run as President if convicted of a felony? I don't think so... :-*

Just now, DKW 86 said:

man i was just wondering that? well, that and how much of a gummy i will take after i feed my dogs. i am so tired of him getting away with crap because he has money.

it sure is quiet. david lets go raid some trash and seehow many trump shoes we can find...............

Ironically, he can run for President as a felon. Meanwhile in many states you can’t vote as a felon. 

• Haha 1
  • Wow 1

It’s not looking good for ole Donny. I was thinking old Biden wouldn’t make it to Election Day but it looks like Donny will be out before him. 

3 minutes ago, creed said:

It’s not looking good for ole Donny. I was thinking old Biden wouldn’t make it to Election Day but it looks like Donny will be out before him. 

i am telling orange boy you threw him under the bus............

2 minutes ago, creed said:

I don't think this will cause much issue for Trump honestly. He's still going to be nominated at the Republican convention, his supporters are still going to stick by him, a majority of Republicans will still vote for him based on a hatred of Joe Biden/Dems. The official Republican party line will just be that the trial was rigged against him and that Trump will successfully appeal it. 

I don't see any states keeping Trump off the ballot because of this. Not in any State he has a chance at winning electoral votes in anyway. 

• Like 3

rollingstone.com

Donald Trump Is Now a Convicted Felon

Catherina Gioino, Ryan Bort
12–16 minutes

Donald Trump Is Now a Convicted Felon

In a historic verdict, a jury found the former president guilty of 34 counts of falsifying business records related to a pre-election hush-money payment
Former US President and Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump sits in the courtroom during his hush money trial at Manhattan Criminal Court in New York City, on May 21, 2024. After approximately five weeks, 19 witnesses, reams of documents and a dash of salacious testimony, the prosecution against Donald Trump rested its case May 21, 2024, handing over to the defense before closing arguments expected next week. (Photo by Michael M. Santiago / POOL / AFP) (Photo by MICHAEL M. SANTIAGO/POOL/AFP via Getty Images)
Donald Trump sits in the courtroom during his hush money trial at Manhattan Criminal Court in New York City, on May 21, 2024. MICHAEL M. SANTIAGO/POOL/AFP/Getty Images

A jury in New York City found Donald Trump guilty on 34 felony counts of falsifying business records stemming from a payment to keep adult film actress Stormy Daniels quiet about an alleged affair out of fear that it would hurt his chances of winning the 2016 election.

The jury began deliberating on Tuesday before returning the verdict Thursday afternoon. They were unanimous in their decision — which took them about 7.5 hours to reach — that Trump is guilty on all 34 counts on which he was charged.

The conviction comes in the heat of Trump’s third presidential campaign, which he has largely organized around the idea that President Joe Biden is masterminding a vast conspiracy to bring a series of criminal cases against him in order to hamstring his chances of winning back the White House. There’s no basis for the outlandish claim, which has been widely adopted by the Republican Party. Trump is the party’s presumptive presidential nominee and will debate Biden on CNN later this month.

It’s unclear how the conviction will affect Trump’s chances of winning the election, but there’s no doubt that Thursday’s verdict and the former president’s other alleged criminal activity will continue to dominate the campaign season. Just as Trump was the first president to be criminally charged, he would be the first convicted felon to win the presidency, should he defeat Biden in November.

The hush-money case will almost certainly be the only one of the four criminal cases brought against Trump to go to trial before the election. The proceedings were eventful, to say the least.

Over the course of six tension-packed weeks, prosecutors used documents, texts, emails, voice recordings, and witness testimony to depict Trump and his circle’s mindset and actions leading up to and following the effort to silence Daniels ahead of the 2016 presidential election. District Attorney Alvin Bragg’s team argued that Trump’s directives — namely to his former longtime fixer Michael Cohen, the prosecution’s star witness in the case — pertaining to the hush-money payment were intended to influence the election and defraud American voters, and that the 2017 payment to reimburse Cohen was disguised in order to cover up a crime. The jury of seven men and five women deemed the prosecution’s arguments enough to find Trump guilty.

Editor’s picks

“We’ll never know if this effort to hoodwink the American voter made a difference in the 2016 election, but that’s not something we need to prove,” Assistant District Attorney Joshua Steinglass said in his closing argument on Tuesday. “The reimbursements to Cohen were cloaked in the conspiracy to promote the election, whether or not that conspiracy actually succeeded in tipping the scale.”

The saga that has now led to the first criminal conviction of a United States president began with Trump’s alleged affair with Daniels in 2006, before beginning to turn into something criminal as his first presidential campaign drew to a close. In early October 2016, the now-infamous Access Hollywood tape surfaced, depicting Trump boasting in 2005 how his celebrity status allows him to grope women and “grab them by the *****.” Trump’s popularity with voters, specifically women, began to falter. Trump called his remarks “locker room talk,” a phrase Cohen attributed to Trump’s wife Melania during testimony.

Prosecutors portrayed a chaotic Trump campaign looking to mitigate the impact of the tape and prevent any other salacious stories from going public. One such story was Daniels’ account of her alleged affair with Trump at a celebrity golf tournament a decade earlier, just months after Trump’s son Barron was born. Cohen testified that Trump directed him to purchase Daniels’ life rights for $130,000 to prevent the story from coming to light. The payment was not disclosed as a campaign contribution, and Trump falsified 34 separate business records consisting of checks, ledgers, and invoices to cover up the payment, reimbursing Cohen for legal “services rendered.”

Related

Trump and his team denied any wrongdoing, alleging Daniels has been lying about the affair and that the hush-money payment stemmed from a fear over how what they claim was a made-up story would impact Trump’s personal brand and his relationship with Melania.

The claims were largely dismantled — both by Daniels, whose much-anticipated testimony featured a detailed recounting of her alleged sexual encounter with Trump, and Cohen, who recalled a pivotal conversation he had with Trump in which the then-candidate ordered him to make the payment and joked he wouldn’t be on the “market” for long if the story got out and it meant the end of his marriage. “He wasn’t thinking about Melania, this was all about the campaign,” Cohen testified.

Trump’s team dedicated their closing argument on Tuesday to persuading the jury that Cohen was not trustworthy, with attorney Todd Blanche describing him as “literally like the MVP of liars.” Steinglass countered by pointing to all of the documentary evidence the prosecution produced. “The question is not whether you like Cohen,” he said. “It’s whether he has useful reliable information to give you about what went down in this case, and the truth is he was in the best position to know because he was the defendant’s right hand.”

The trial was every bit the circus one would have expected, with Trump airing a litany of complaints prior to and during the proceedings. He complained about the temperature in the courtroom, the sketch artists, and the lack of people visiting him. He dozed off on the first day of jury selection, and was spotted periodically nodding off for the rest of the trial. He was held in contempt for breaking a gag order prohibiting him from commenting on witnesses 10 times, with Judge Juan Merchan warning him that if he did so again he could wind up in jail. Trump repeatedly argued that he could not defend himself because of the gag order, while at the same time reneging on his promise to testify and set the record straight. Rolling Stone reported that Trump’s allies did not want him to testify, calling the prospect a horrible idea. The jury convicted him all the same.

Falsifying business records is usually a misdemeanor under New York law, but in this case the charges were class-E felonies, the lowest felony count in New York state, because there was an “intent to defraud” and it was done to “commit another crime or to aid or conceal” another crime — in this case, violations of election laws. Class-E felonies carry a maximum of four years in prison, although it’s rare for someone with no criminal history to be sentenced to prison for a non-violent crime like the falsification of business records. Trump is more likely to face one to four years of probation instead. 

The potential lack of jail time should not understate the severity of the landmark conviction. As the first former president in U.S. history to be charged criminally at either the state or federal level, and also the first former president to be convicted of a felony, Trump could face a rocky road both as he continues to campaign for president, with polls showing a criminal conviction would be a “disaster” for him. He could also face a rocky road as he tries to stay out of jail. He is no longer a first-time offender, and his new criminal history could bring greater sentences in any of his outstanding criminal cases.

Trump is certain to appeal the decision, but legal experts have pointed to Cohen’s witness testimony to act as a buffer for any appeals that may come forward. The merits of an appeal are substantially diminished given the jury was shown all 34 counts of fraudulent business records during the trial, providing real, tangible documents-based evidence that makes it difficult to dispute the jury’s finding.

Trump is facing criminal charges in three other cases. He was indicted in Georgia along with 18 others in August 2023 on charges of racketeering and conspiracy. The indictment stems from a two-year investigation by Fulton County District Attorney Fani Willis into the alleged effort to overturn Biden’s 2020 win in the state. Willis is currently appealing a March ruling that dismissed six of those charges.

In Florida, District Judge Aileen Cannon has indefinitely postponed the federal classified documents case against Trump earlier, citing numerous issues she has yet to resolve. She dismissed claims in late May from Trump’s legal team to dismiss the indictment due to it being a “personal and political attack” against Trump, who was indicted on 40 felony counts in the case.

Also at the federal level, Trump was indicted on four charges for his alleged actions leading up to the violent riot at the U.S. Capitol on Jan. 6, 2021. U.S. District Judge Tanya Chutkan postponed the case until the Supreme Court rules on Trump’s claim to have presidential immunity in perpetuity for acts committed as president. Although the justices suggested they were likely to reject his claims of absolute immunity, some of the more conservative justices suggested they may limit how former presidents may be prosecuted.

Trending

Trump would be able to direct the Justice Department to drop the federal investigations if he defeats Biden, and Rolling Stone recently reported that he is scheming for ways to use the power of the presidency to quash the state-level cases, as well.

The question now is whether voters will give him the chance.

Just now, CoffeeTiger said:

I don't think this will cause much issue for Trump honestly. He's still going to be nominated at the Republican convention, his supporters are still going to stick by him, a majority of Republicans will still vote for him based on a hatred of Joe Biden/Dems. The official Republican party line will just be that the trial was rigged against him and that Trump will successfully appeal it. 

I don't see any states keeping Trump off the ballot because of this. Not in any State he has a chance at winning electoral votes in anyway. 

yes but it sure shows how sorry his followers are. i am not sorry.  no felon should be allowed to obtain the highest office in the land.

• Like 1

Forwarded this email? Subscribe here for more

breaking: jury finds Donald Trump guilty as ****

ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

May 30
mail?url=https%3A%2F%2Fsubstackcdn.com%2Fimage%2Ffetch%2Ff_auto%2Cq_auto%3Agood%2Cfl_progressive%3Asteep%2Fhttps%253A%252F%252Fbucketeer-e05bbc84-baa3-437e-9518-adb32be77984.s3.amazonaws.com%252Fpublic%252Fimages%252Fc4aa1d91-bc69-48ee-a2fd-2a23e1ea763c_284x284.jpeg&t=1717104319&ymreqid=5daab59a-31c8-a83a-1c1a-72001701fa00&sig=ZvNU2Ac_Xwcw.yP2juKBMw--~D

mail?url=https%3A%2F%2Fsubstackcdn.com%2

READ IN APPmail?url=https%3A%2F%2Fsubstackcdn.com%2

Donald Trump has been found GUILTY on ALL 34 COUNTS in the Big Trump Campaign Fraud ****ery Trial.

ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha.

seriously, **** that guy.

everyone is entitled to my own opinion is a reader-supported publication. To receive new posts and support my work, consider becoming a free or paid subscriber.

so where are the maga's? i want to hear the rebuttal. this will be good...............boys it is not TDS when he keeps breaking the law.

7 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

yes but it sure shows how sorry his followers are. i am not sorry.  no felon should be allowed to obtain the highest office in the land.

But they should be able to vote Democrat, right? 🤣 

It will be interesting to see who votes for the convicted felon versus the should be felon. 

America. 🇺🇸 

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 2

Just now, autigeremt said:

But they should be able to vote Democrat, right? 🤣 

i will be. whats your point? are you butt hurt?

Just now, autigeremt said:

It will be interesting to see who votes for the convicted felon versus the should be felon. 

America. 🇺🇸 

yep i knew it. cry if it makes you feel better. sell you trump clown shoes on ebay. you might get some money back. i will give you this...........you are full of it but at least you are not scared.

Fox is crying and saying it is a sham and a shame. look for maga talking points saying this..............

fox just said they shut down his republican fund raising site amount ten minutes after the verdict was read.

26 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

i will be. whats your point? are you butt hurt?

I could care less. The duopoly is a sham. 

25 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

yep i knew it. cry if it makes you feel better. sell you trump clown shoes on ebay. you might get some money back. i will give you this...........you are full of it but at least you are not scared.

And you are taking shots in the wrong direction. I’m not a MAGA

• Wow 1

52 minutes ago, DKW 86 said:

Yes. There are minimum qualificatioins. 1. 35 years old. 2. Natural born citizen. 3. Been a resident of the U.S. for 14 years.

He just can't own a firearm and in most states vote until his sentence is complete.

• Like 1

Just now, AU9377 said:

Yes. There are minimum qualificatioins. 1. 35 years old. 2. Natural born citizen. 3. Been a resident of the U.S. for 14 years.

He just can't own a firearm and in most states vote until his sentence is complete.

Can he pardon himself? lol