Former US President Donald Trump Found GUILTY on 34 counts of Falsifying Business Records.

Not surprisingly that the best the MAGAs can come up with is a bunch of WhatAboutIsms. What about Hillary? Has nothing to do with this case. What about Bill? Has nothing to do with this case. What about Hunter? Has nothing to do with this case. What about Joe? Has nothing to do with this case.

As for the notion that prosecutors only go after Trump/Republicans, never Democrats ...... look no further than the current prosecution of Medendez.

None of this whataboutism has anything to do with the Trump case. He violated NY State laws. He was tried. The jury convicted him. The judge will sentence him. He will appeal.

Just more of all his winning. Trump University. Trump Foundation. Trump sexual assault. Trump defamation. And that's just in recent years. The man is a lifelong grifter, con man, don of a criminal family. This is just yet another instance of a long list of legal cases he has lost. Yet he is still walking free.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Facepalm 1

2 hours ago, Didba said:

Also, he has REALLY dumb attorneys. 

Because smart attorneys know better. 

• Haha 2

Lawfare and Continuous Impeachment is the Business Model in DC. We will likely never see normalcy again.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
On 5/31/2024 at 12:17 PM, Son of A Tiger said:

I would just add that right now we are focused on the near term which is natural. However. I think the real consequences of this are much more concerning for the justice system in our country. It opens the door to partisan accusations and trials, even long after Trump or Biden  are gone.

It will test our judicial system and trial by jury. 

We either have faith in our legal process or the result will be our loss of "rule of law" which upholds our very society.

Many prominent Republicans are already discrediting it, which is extremely dangerous.

Edited by homersapien

Posted (edited)
On 5/31/2024 at 9:35 PM, AURex said:

Not surprisingly that the best the MAGAs can come up with is a bunch of WhatAboutIsms. What about Hillary? Has nothing to do with this case. What about Bill? Has nothing to do with this case. What about Hunter? Has nothing to do with this case. What about Joe? Has nothing to do with this case.

As for the notion that prosecutors only go after Trump/Republicans, never Democrats ...... look no further than the current prosecution of Medendez.

None of this whataboutism has anything to do with the Trump case. He violated NY State laws. He was tried. The jury convicted him. The judge will sentence him. He will appeal.

Just more of all his winning. Trump University. Trump Foundation. Trump sexual assault. Trump defamation. And that's just in recent years. The man is a lifelong grifter, con man, don of a criminal family. This is just yet another instance of a long list of legal cases he has lost. Yet he is still walking free.

Bro Menendez has already completely beaten this before. This is not his first rodeo, not by miles. He has been through all that and then some and came away totally unscathed back in 2017.

https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/345972-judge-delays-ruling-on-menendez-dismissal-bid-until-trial/

Edited by DKW 86

This does not change the fact that Menendez is being prosecuted for criminal offenses.

That said, it is laughable that a seeming endless number of extremist right wing Republicans are getting caught up in legal entanglements. Like the legal advisor for the GOP voting integrity being caught for voting fraud and a bunch of Republicans screaming about voting irregularities being indicted for their fake elector activities in several states.

And of course the cult leader is a many-time convicted criminal. But we are supposed to ignore that.

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, AURex said:

This does not change the fact that Menendez is being prosecuted for criminal offenses.

Menendez has a track record of getting off in these cases. He just does. 

But I am stopping this here. We are getting into the realm of Whataboutisms and that is not right on any level.

djt got convicted of 34 crimes. What will the sentence be? Stay tumed.

20 hours ago, DKW 86 said:

Bro Menendez has already completely beaten this before. This is not his first rodeo, not by miles. He has been through all that and then some and came away totally unscathed back in 2017.

https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/345972-judge-delays-ruling-on-menendez-dismissal-bid-until-trial/

That wasn’t for lack of trying on the DOJ’s part. It even got to a jury where it hung and resulted in a mistrial where a majority favored acquittal 

The problem there was that the SCOTUS made it extremely difficult to prosecute corruption with the McDonnell ruling. This basically tied the jury’s hands. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
43 minutes ago, AUDub said:

That wasn’t for lack of trying on the DOJ’s part. It even got to a jury where it hung and resulted in a mistrial where a majority favored acquittal 

The problem there was that the SCOTUS made it extremely difficult to prosecute corruption with the McDonnell ruling. This basically tied the jury’s hands. 

So you think he gets off once more? Why bother to prosecute corruption? If Menendez isn't guilty, aint nobody guilty.

Edited by DKW 86

16 minutes ago, DKW 86 said:

So you think he gets off once more? Why bother to prosecute corruption? If Menendez isn't guilty, ait nobody guilty.

I’m not sure. I think the odds are higher this time that he’s convicted but I’m not in that courtroom and I’m not in that jury 

It’s not what you know, but what you can prove. Such is the law. Everyone with a brain knows it sucks that even blatantly cartoonishly corrupt people like Menendez get away with it, but that’s the way the deck is stacked. 

• Like 2

On 5/30/2024 at 8:29 PM, Auburn93 said:

BTW, he didn't lead chants of lock her up. You didn't watch Trump rallies. You watched CNN.

This is a perfect example of the MAGA cult. Trump tells an obvious lie and you people run with it. Please watch these videos:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Posted (edited)

Boris Johnson understands:

“It was nakedly political. It was completely artificial. The Democrat prosecutors thought they were being so clever: tripping Trump up over this technicality – like collaring Al Capone for tax evasion, they probably told themselves. Except that everyone with any common sense can see what I consider their real motives, how they were combing the rule book for stuff to use against Trump.”

“The vast mass of American voters could see what I believe was really happening: that the liberal elites were just appalled at Trump's continuing popularity and his ability to connect with voters – and they were using anything they could find to derail his campaign. That is why the anti-Trump lawfare is backfiring.”

Edited by Cardin Drake
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

https://redstate.com/bobhoge/2024/07/12/irony-on-day-he-was-supposed-to-be-sentenced-trump-files-motion-to-have-his-ny-convictions-thrown-out-n2176718

Interesting. Trump has a solid legal argument to have his conviction thrown out. What will this totally partisan judge do?  Be careful what you ask for.  If he vacates the conviction, they could retry Trump in October.  And with a second chance, they may not make all the reversible errors that they made in the first trial. 

On 6/2/2024 at 7:01 AM, DKW 86 said:

Menendez has a track record of getting off in these cases. He just does. 

Generally on technicalities lol. They do keep putting his sorry ass on trial though. It’s not for lack of effort. DOJ very much wants to nail him. 

On 7/12/2024 at 8:58 AM, AUDub said:

Generally on technicalities lol. They do keep putting his sorry ass on trial though. It’s not for lack of effort. DOJ very much wants to nail him. 

Technicalities didn’t save his corrupt ass this time @DKW 86

Bob Menendez is finally a convicted felon. 

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, AUDub said:

Technicalities didn’t save his corrupt ass this time @DKW 86

Bob Menendez is finally a convicted felon. 

Will Biden pardon him? Just asking for a friend........................

6 minutes ago, E'Town4Bama said:

Hell, no.

2 hours ago, E'Town4Bama said:

Phht. 

I was coming here to post. 
MENENDEZ IS DONE. Just remember folks, he got away with this crap for years, for years. I’m 

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, DKW 86 said:

I was coming here to post. 
MENENDEZ IS DONE. Just remember folks, he got away with this crap for years, for years. I’m 

But it's always on the right, DKW! Always. 

• Haha 1