Questions in the Afterglow of Auburn's Golf Natty

AURex

Posted (edited)

All I can say is WOW! What a great run our guys had.

Koivun is obviously a true phenom. And a true freshman.

After winning the Haskins award and leading Auburn to its first national championship in golf, does he turn pro? Or does he stay for another year? Does he transfer out to another school for big money?

Do we have a bucket of NIL dollars to throw at him? That young man is a true stud and we are so lucky to have him at Auburn.

Valdes will return I hope, since he is a junior.  for another year? Gilbert is just a freshman, so he has time to improve.

Will this championship affect recruiting? I don't know anything about recruiting in golf, but in this day of NIL and other money, is Auburn positioned to become an ever-present power in golf?

Edited by AURex
  • Like 2

Jackson Koivun has stated multiple times that he’s coming back next year. He believes next year’s team has the potential to be even better than this year’s team. And this year’s team will go down as one of the best ever! 

They won 7 tournaments in a row. That is 2nd all time - the most is 8. They’ve been #1 for most of the year. We FINALLY had a team live up to the hype and finish with a Championship!

We have the #1 & #19 players in the country coming in next year. So yes, Auburn is looking like a true power in the NCAA golfing world for the next few years. 

• Like 4
  • Wow 1

21 hours ago, CameronCrazy said:

They won 7 tournaments in a row.

Nough said!!!!