Predicting Men’s Basketball 2024-2025 Depth Chart

I figured we could start a new thread just focusing on the roster that is completed now instead of the portal thread. I think this is the most versatile and athletic roster Pearl has had since he has been here. The difficult part is deciding who will start. He could go with so many lineups. I’ll give my depth chart and then I would like to see what everyone else’s predictions are for the beginning of the year.

Pegues/Denver

Denver/Pettiford/Kelly

CBM OR Kelly/ Howard/CMo

Chaney/Broome/Hudson

Broome/Cardwell/Scott

• Like 1

Dang where’d you come up with this idea? 😂

All jokes aside,

pegues/pettiford

denver/kelly (even minutes)

CBM/howard&cmo

Johnson/cmo&turtle

broome/cardwell/scott

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Lotto said:

Dang where’d you come up with this idea? 😂

All jokes aside,

pegues/pettiford

denver/kelly (even minutes)

CBM/howard&cmo

Johnson/cmo&turtle

broome/cardwell/scott

So I think Kelly will take more minutes away from CBM possibly. Like I said earlier in another thread, I think Pegues and Broome are the only 2 players that have secured their spots on the roster. I think everyone else’s spots are up for grabs, including the other 3 starters. There’s more talent on this roster than Pearl has had since he has been here. 

I’m updating mine:

1: peg/pet

2: den/pet

3: kelly/jahki/cmo

4:cbm/chaney/turt

5:broome/card/scott

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Lotto said:

I’m updating mine:

1: peg/pet

2: den/pet

3: kelly/jahki/cmo

4:cbm/chaney/turt

5:broome/card/scott

With the ability to bump every starter up a wrung if need be and bring in backups as needed per gamely basis 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

And this isn’t bashing Chaney or cmo I think both of them are really good with Chaney potentially being a monster and turtle giving meaningful minutes.  So excited to see this team gel, play and celebrate together in person and on tv!

Edited by Lotto
  • Like 1

I’m buying tickets again to the bama @auburn game cause **** Aden, labaron, grant, and masturbate oats 

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)

Kelly was a great addition and gives us amazing flexibility with the lineup:

Pegues-mostly pg

Pettiford, Denver 1 or 2

Kelly 1, 2, or 3

All 4 should get good minutes.

3 CBM, Howard, Kelly,CMo   

4 Chaney/Broome/Turtle/CMo

5 Broome/Card

Pearl will have a lot of options to be able to match up defensively.  I really would like to see Broome and Card in at the same time more. We will see.  I don't think PF is a liability at all. Chaney's going to show up.  I think we would have landed a portal PF if Pearl thought it was a priority.  

Edited by Cardin Drake
  • Like 3

10 hours ago, Lotto said:

With the ability to bump every starter up a wrung if need be and bring in backups as needed per gamely basis 

Yea, I believe it really will depend on matchups on how Pearl uses this roster. He can create so many mismatches with most teams who have nowhere near our depth and talent.

9 hours ago, Cardin Drake said:

Pegues-mostly pg

Pettiford, Denver 1 or 2

Kelly 1, 2, or 3

3 CBM, Howard, Kelly,CMo   

5 Broome/Card

Pearl will have a lot of options to be able to match up defensively.  I really would like to see Broome and Card in at the same time more. We will see.  I don't think PF is a liability at all. Chaney's going to show up.  I think we would have landed a portal PF if Pearl thought it was a priority.  

I would love to have Cardwell and Broome on the floor at the same time for a few minutes in the game. And we’ll agree to disagree on the PF position, but like I said, I think getting Kelly masks our deficiencies at the PF position. I think it puts less pressure for Chaney to perform than what we had earlier.

32 minutes ago, AUSCalum87 said:

Yea, I believe it really will depend on matchups on how Pearl uses this roster. He can create so many mismatches with most teams who have nowhere near our depth and talent.

Yeah the athleticism alone is freaky.  I honestly think Kelly is still a sleeper.  I think he will start over Denver unfortunately maybe even Chad baker.  He will flourish in auburns style.  Also Jahki has a crazy high ceiling.  How are you going to keep him off the court the same as tahaad.  It’s a good thing we missed on the 4 because it wouldn’t be fair to the rest of the college landscape if we had that stacked of a lineup 😂😂 all jokes aside I don’t see broome playing any 4 this year even though it would be good for his NBA career.  I don’t think he has what it takes to be an nba center in terms of size.  But maybe I’m wrong I see him as an nba 4.  We will see but unless Scott takes a leap forward I see him and cardwell sharing at the 5 unless pearl promised cardwell more minutes and then maybe broome plays some 4 

3 hours ago, Lotto said:

Yeah the athleticism alone is freaky.  I honestly think Kelly is still a sleeper.  I think he will start over Denver unfortunately maybe even Chad baker.  He will flourish in auburns style.  Also Jahki has a crazy high ceiling.  How are you going to keep him off the court the same as tahaad.  It’s a good thing we missed on the 4 because it wouldn’t be fair to the rest of the college landscape if we had that stacked of a lineup 😂😂 all jokes aside I don’t see broome playing any 4 this year even though it would be good for his NBA career.  I don’t think he has what it takes to be an nba center in terms of size.  But maybe I’m wrong I see him as an nba 4.  We will see but unless Scott takes a leap forward I see him and cardwell sharing at the 5 unless pearl promised cardwell more minutes and then maybe broome plays some 4 

Broome playing 4 is intriguing. I'm not sure he has the size to play center in the NBA, but I'm not sure he has the skill set to play 4 in the NBA either.  His 3 point shot actually developed pretty well last year, so let's see where it goes.  It would be cool to see him play both 4 and 5 this year.  I've got confidence that Cardwell can handle more minutes at the 5. 

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Cardin Drake said:

Pegues-mostly pg

Pettiford, Denver 1 or 2

Kelly 1, 2, or 3

3 CBM, Howard, Kelly,CMo   

5 Broome/Card

Interesting.  I know nothing.  So Kelly at the 1?  Was this what he played at GT or was he a scoring guard?

One reason I feel that auburn is much better than the rest of the landscape is because aside from the new players, our old players are going to keep getting better especially the new guys from last year playing in the same system.  It’s so exciting to see each of these guys develop as people and a family.  I’m going to have to go to as many games as possible and hopefully see some of y’all there!

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Lotto said:

Interesting.  I know nothing.  So Kelly at the 1?  Was this what he played at GT or was he a scoring guard?

He played a lot of PG last year, although I think is preference is for the 2.  He's an awesome pickup, and we now have some great options when we play against bigger guards.

Edited by Cardin Drake
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Lotto said:

One reason I feel that auburn is much better than the rest of the landscape is because aside from the new players, our old players are going to keep getting better especially the new guys from last year playing in the same system.  It’s so exciting to see each of these guys develop as people and a family.  I’m going to have to go to as many games as possible and hopefully see some of y’all there!

I agree, we have 6 guys that will have been here for at 2 years, being developed and part of the culture. In basketball, that is a major factor in a team’s success, more so than just getting a group of guys who have never played together but are talented. I honestly thought Auburn overachieved last year with the players we had. This year, our expectations should be in contention for the SEC regular season title and make it to at least the Sweet 16.

• Like 1
  • Love 1