Mens Golf NATIONAL CHAMPIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 hour ago, ArgoEagle said:

It must have been surreal for you the 1st time you held a golf club in your hands with metal shafts & heads as opposed to the all wooden clubs you had to use.

On the other hand it must have been convenient that your old clubs doubled as weapons to kill dinosaurs with.

Congratulations brother.

I still have my first driver and putter from when I started playing at 12 years old. 

• Like 4

Just now, augolf1716 said:

I still have my first driver and putter from when I started playing at 12 years old. 

did you wear those knee length pants and those fancy striped socks?

I got up at 5 this morning just to watch the rerun to make sure we won........we did........................I'm on cloud nine will be for weeks. 

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

did you wear those knee length pants and those fancy striped socks?

No to fancy for me but I did wear a Ben Hogan type cap

Just now, augolf1716 said:

No to fancy for me but I did wear a Ben hogan type cap

i am being serios i believe they used to callthose clap doctor hats..........i had one and wore it out.

• augolf1716 changed the title to Mens Golf NATIONAL CHAMPIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
3 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

No to fancy for me but I did wear a Ben Hogan type cap

i looked it up they call them ivy caps. but some people did call them the other............

• Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

I got up at 5 this morning just to watch the rerun to make sure we won........we did........................I'm on cloud nine will be for weeks. 

Congrats!  I have to say the format for the golf national championship is particularly grueling.  What an accomplishment by this team!!! 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Cardin Drake said:

Congrats!  I have to say the format for the golf national championship is particularly grueling.  What an accomplishment by this team!!! 

Absolutely it is these guys just got done playing 8 days of competitive golf carrying their own bag. That's a lot of physical and mental stress

• Like 4

59 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

I texted all the Auburn alums I know and urged them to watch last night.  Most knew NOTHING about this team and were unaware they were ranked #1, SEC champs, playing for a national championship, etc.  That's sad!  But, many of them watched and were blown away by this team.  If they, and I, were so elated...I can only imagine how you must feel.  So happy for this team, our University, and for you and all the other Auburn golfers that preceded this team...WAR DAMN EAGLE!

• Like 2
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, augolf1716 said:

Man, I wish I had kept mine. Started playing at 6 or 7 and had a Chi Chi Rodriguez kid's set. Those were the days.

• Like 1

This was so amazing to watch, and nail-biting coming down to the last match both days.

I've coached HS golf for 12 years in Indiana and I would absolutely love for our 2-Day State Finals to incorporate match play into Day 2.  It's such a different dynamic but man is it fun to watch (and coach).

Congrats to this group on their National Championship ... and WDE!

• Like 3

Congratulations @augolf1716. I know this is huge for you. I don’t watch a lot of golf but I got home in time to watch the final three holes. Aside from having one heck of a team I think I figured out how we won a NC. No referees involved to call it unfairly 😂 Just talent and ability. Auburn is so snake bitten in situations like this but not this time. War Eagle!

• Like 4

2 hours ago, augolf1716 said:

Stone club face, shaft made of Birch with a vine webbed grip. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, boisnumber1 said:

Man, I wish I had kept mine. Started playing at 6 or 7 and had a Chi Chi Rodriguez kid's set. Those were the days.

Don't you mean

• Haha 3

adding ... this season is historic ... AU won 10 titles including the last seven they participated in ... legit one of the greatest collegiate seasons in history

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

the-auburn-tigers-are-the-2024-ncaa-mens-golf-national-v0-1c878bml2h3d1.webp

• Like 3
  • Love 1

Bump.....................just cause I want to still hard for me to believe

• Like 3

I was wondering if you were there at Toomers for the celebration, golf. When Coach looked around at all the former golfers and said "You guys look so old" that sort of confirmed it  I think CNC was focused on one guy in particular.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, autan said:

I was wondering if you were there at Toomers for the celebration, golf. When Coach looked around at all the former golfers and said "You guys look so old" that sort of confirmed it  I think CNC was focused on one guy in particular.

Sadly no I wasn’t there 

• Sad 1