Mens Golf NATIONAL CHAMPIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wow . What a day. Love it . Fantastic year boys. You own the golf world. Your names are etched in stone. War Eagle . 

• Like 1

Against FSU for the natty, all I could think of is, “Don’t pull a hammy. Don’t pull a hammy”

WDE gentlemen!

• Haha 1

I've never played golf, though I'm a fan. I find it nerve wracking to watch when I care about the outcome. So, I couldn't watch today. I kept checking scores online & here, & that was nerve wracking itself!! But I found some courage & watched the last hole. Man, we've had so much disappointment this year, but this moment brings a super high to the end. War Eagle guys, & thanks for the joy!

• Like 4

This is actually very satisfying lol

• Haha 2

This is awesome! Auburn should be a great golf school. Man, what a way to end a disappointing athletic year. 

War Eagle!

• Like 1

IMG_3949.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Love 3

This may have been addressed already, but on what planet can you concede the deciding hole of the National Championship match? This match play hole concession stuff screws with my head. What rule set states that it’s ok to concede even a tap-in putt when it could be missed and there would still be a chance to extend the match? What am I missing?

6 minutes ago, tigeraddikt said:

This may have been addressed already, but on what planet can you concede the deciding hole of the National Championship match? This match play hole concession stuff screws with my head. What rule set states that it’s ok to concede even a tap-in putt when it could be missed and there would still be a chance to extend the match? What am I missing?

Golf etiquette - JM’s putt was inside the FSU players putt. So he would’ve had to first make his putt before JM had to make his. The likelihood of FSU player making his putt and JM missing the tap in was very slim. But yes, you would think that you go through with the formality in that situation. 

• Like 2

War Eagle!! First Ever Men’s Golf National Championship! Couldn’t be more proud of these guys and the grit to finish with a Championship. 

After enduring the 2013 Football National Championship Game, the 2016 Softball National Championship Game 3, the 2019 Final Four & World Series, I’ll admit that I was waiting for Auburn to have that moment when it all falls apart. I thought that moment was going to be last night in extra holes with Jackson Koivun. 

But these guys kept fighting and they ALL contributed to our first ever National Championship!! 

• Like 3

Most exciting golf I've ever watched. I see why Butler is the Anchor. A senior veteran with ice water in his veins is the man for the job. I assume four of the Fab Five will be returning to the plains.  We must already be favored for a repeat. WDE!!

6 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

Can’t tell you how much this means to me as a former Auburn golfer. I had tears of joy. I’m pretty worn out I’ll have more to say later.

We are national champs in golf never thought I would be able to say that 54 years ago while playing for Auburn.

War Eagle 

I’m so happy for you, Golf! I know this really hits home for you. Congratulations, my friend! War Eagle!

• Like 1
  • Love 1

5 hours ago, augolf1716 said:

Can’t tell you how much this means to me as a former Auburn golfer. I had tears of joy. I’m pretty worn out I’ll have more to say later.

We are national champs in golf never thought I would be able to say that 54 years ago while playing for Auburn.

War Eagle 

Congrats!! 🦅 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, augolf1716 said:

War Eagle 

you have always been our champion mr golf!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, augolf1716 said:

War Eagle 

War Damn Golf!!

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Great Win, Great Team.

WAR EAGLE!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 2

7 hours ago, augolf1716 said:

War Eagle 

It must have been surreal for you the 1st time you held a golf club in your hands with metal shafts & heads as opposed to the all wooden clubs you had to use.

On the other hand it must have been convenient that your old clubs doubled as weapons to kill dinosaurs with.

Congratulations brother.

• Haha 2