For all the bickering

Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, Cardin Drake said:

Massive mail-in balloting and ballot harvesting didn't happen in 2016.  It wasn't on anybody's radar until after 2020.  This administration isn't going to allow reform; that's for certain. If Trump reclaims the White House, I'm sure it will be front and center. 

Well, after all that's the way he voted. :rolleyes:

(PS: the states administrate their own election systems.)

Edited by homersapien

5 minutes ago, jj3jordan said:

Gore situation: concede, then withdraw concession for 5 weeks while peacefully waiting for the legal process to work. Accept the results and go home  

Trump situation: instigate a violent takeover of the Capitol and continue to spread lies for four years even after losing over 60 challenges in the legal system, including those with Republican appointed judges.

Very different approaches.  

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Gowebb11 said:

Gore situation: concede, then withdraw concession for 5 weeks while peacefully waiting for the legal process to work. Accept the results and go home  

Trump situation: instigate a violent takeover of the Capitol and continue to spread lies for four years even after losing over 60 challenges in the legal system, including those with Republican appointed judges.

Very different approaches.  

Got it. He conceded to Bush then retracted it.  Of course it’s different. It’s a democrat. It’s always different.

2 hours ago, homersapien said:

You are the one who tried to demonstrate Trump did conceded 2020 election. 

You could have just dropped it.   But noooo....

I shared an ABC clip titled Trump Concession. And? Your point?

Drop what? WTH are you even rambling about? 

1 hour ago, jj3jordan said:

Got it. He conceded to Bush then retracted it.  Of course it’s different. It’s a democrat. It’s always different.

It’s not different because he’s a democrat. It’s different for the reasons I stated. FWIW, I’m not a democrat. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Gowebb11 said:

It’s not different because he’s a democrat. It’s different for the reasons I stated. FWIW, I’m not a democrat. 

It’s always a thing of wonder watching people trying to rationalize/equate Trump to anyone or anything close to sane. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, AUFAN78 said:

I shared an ABC clip titled Trump Concession. And? Your point?

Drop what? WTH are you even rambling about? 

Well, like I said before.  He didn't really concede.  All he said was the election was certified (by congress). He certainly didn't congratulate Biden on winning.  He probably was thinking the congressional vote was somehow fraudulent.

Regardless, now, he is clearly claiming he actually won and the election was fraudulent. 

Does that not prove he never really conceded? 

(Or are you arguing he had is fingers crossed? :rolleyes:)

Edited by homersapien

3 hours ago, jj3jordan said:

He retracted in temporarily while the "legal process played out".  He then made a permanent concession.

8 minutes ago, homersapien said:

Yes.  Please cut and paste it here.

"I promised him that I wouldn't call him back this time," Gore quipped, referring to his Election Night concession to Bush he retracted an hour later. "I offered to meet with him as soon as possible so that we can start to heal the divisions of the campaign and the contest through which we just passed."

Posted (edited)
37 minutes ago, jj3jordan said:

"I promised him that I wouldn't call him back this time," Gore quipped, referring to his Election Night concession to Bush he retracted an hour later. "I offered to meet with him as soon as possible so that we can start to heal the divisions of the campaign and the contest through which we just passed."

If you go back and read carefully, you will note that:

That discussion occurred election night (that's Nov. 11)

Gore conceded (permanently) Nov. 24, after the court cases were finished. (Which is another story because SCOTUS halted the Florida vote counting.)

Conclusion:  You are either stupid or trying to promote a deliberate lie.  

(My money is on both.)

Edited by homersapien

33 minutes ago, homersapien said:

Well, like I said before.  He didn't really concede.  All he said was the election was certified (by congress). He certainly didn't congratulate Biden on winning.  He probably was thinking the congressional vote was somehow fraudulent.

Regardless, now, he is clearly claiming he actually won and the election was fraudulent. 

Does that not prove he never really conceded? 

(Or are you arguing he had is fingers crossed? :rolleyes:)

Again you state he didn't concede, yet ABC has an article stating he did. I simply posted it. If you disagree with their article call them and complain. 

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, AUFAN78 said:

Again you state he didn't concede, yet ABC has an article stating he did. I simply posted it. If you disagree with their article call them and complain. 

Fine.....  You hang your belief on ABC (fake news) in which Trump neither actually said he conceded the election nor offered the traditional democratic congratulations to his opponent didn't and I will depend on what Trump actually claims, now.

Feel better? :comfort:

Edited by homersapien

Just now, homersapien said:

Fine.....  You hang your belief on ABC (fake news) in which Trump neither actually said he conceded the election nor offered the traditional democratic congratulations to his opponent didn't and I will depend on what Trump actually claims, now.

Feel better? :comfort:

It's not about me feeling better. I responded to a previous poster with the ABC video Titled Trump Concession or something to that effect. You had a conniption. How is that making me feel better? 

Posted (edited)
52 minutes ago, AUFAN78 said:

It's not about me feeling better. I responded to a previous poster with the ABC video Titled Trump Concession or something to that effect. You had a conniption. How is that making me feel better? 

Because you kept repeating it, I assumed it was very important for you to have everyone believe Trump conceded the last election - even though he now says he won. 

Edited by homersapien

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, AUFAN78 said:

So he “conceded” on … Jan 7th, presumably while a demolition team was tearing downing the gallows. 

Pioneered a whole new approach to the peaceful transfer of power.

Edited by auburnatl1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, auburnatl1 said:

So he “conceded” on … Jan 7th, presumably while a demolition team was tearing downing the gallows. 

Pioneered a whole new approach to the peaceful transfer of power.

I simply responded to a video with a similar video from ABC. You can take up your outrage with ABC. I don't care if you do. I honestly don't. 

7 minutes ago, AUFAN78 said:

I simply responded to a video with a similar video from ABC. You can take up your outrage with ABC. I don't care if you do. I honestly don't. 

I understand. And it’s not outrage, just poking fun. Candidly if trumpsters would just say they prioritize policy (border, social issues, ect) over personal character - I’d disagree with the decision making, but at least I’d get it.  Trying to defend the words and actions of potentially the most flawed and immoral president in American history is just a bad look and hopeless waste of everyone’s time. 

20 minutes ago, auburnatl1 said:

I understand. And it’s not outrage, just poking fun. Candidly if trumpsters would just say they prioritize policy (border, social issues, ect) over personal character - I’d disagree with the decision making, but at least I’d get it.  Trying to defend the words and actions of potentially the most flawed and immoral president in American history is just a bad look and hopeless waste of everyone’s time. 

I too understand. I'm not a trumpster, so I can't speak for them, but I am trying to recall them saying they voted for him due to his character. For me, pointing out lies from the left is just that. Pointing out lies. IIWII

5 minutes ago, AUFAN78 said:

I too understand. I'm not a trumpster, so I can't speak for them, but I am trying to recall them saying they voted for him due to his character. For me, pointing out lies from the left is just that. Pointing out lies. IIWII

Well watching you and Homer go at it is a fun spectator sport. You might want to mention you’re not a trumpster before he spontaneously detonates. 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, auburnatl1 said:

Well watching you and Homer go at it is a fun spectator sport. You might want to mention you’re not a trumpster before he spontaneously detonates. 

Lol. He knows. He gets riled when I point out lies and then tries to insinuate nonsensical BS. It's sad but expected. I actually enjoy it up until the point it becomes clownlike. 

9 minutes ago, AUFAN78 said:

Lol. He knows. He gets riled when I point out lies and then tries to insinuate nonsensical BS. It's sad but expected. I actually enjoy it up until the point it becomes clownlike. 

I actually like liberals. An important perspective. But then again maybe I’m going nuts.

4 minutes ago, auburnatl1 said:

I actually like liberals. An important perspective. But then again maybe I’m going nuts.

Me too. Side with them on many issues, and oppose others. Just have a conversation and stop shouting each other down. You're not going nuts.

4 hours ago, homersapien said:

If you go back and read carefully, you will note that:

That discussion occurred election night (that's Nov. 11)

Gore conceded (permanently) Nov. 24, after the court cases were finished. (Which is another story because SCOTUS halted the Florida vote counting.)

Conclusion:  You are either stupid or trying to promote a deliberate lie.  

(My money is on both.)

Not the real answer here. Gore conceded when David Boies could not get Florida to count the few counties and/or precincts he wanted counted where he thought he could make some gains in voting. BTW, under no count total by any researcher at any time by any method did Gore win Florida.