For all the bickering

And yet, nothing in your post explaining how the process is secure. That's because even Jimmy Carter was telling 3rd world South American countries that they had to get rid of mail-in balloting to have secure elections.  Lefties like Homer are fine with awful practices like ballot harvesting solely because it helps the left win. This is how democracies actually die. 

9 minutes ago, Cardin Drake said:

And yet, nothing in your post explaining how the process is secure. That's because even Jimmy Carter was telling 3rd world South American countries that they had to get rid of mail-in balloting to have secure elections.  Lefties like Homer are fine with awful practices like ballot harvesting solely because it helps the left win. This is how democracies actually die. 

That was over 40 years ago. I think with single parents with kids, people working and doing last min traveling - the process should be easier and more available with current tech. Voting in person and waiting in line favors those with who control their schedule, retired, or don’t have much else to do. I know I’ve had to do a last min trip and missed being able to vote.

I see your point about mail but in todays business and life environment I think there should be some fresh thinking about it.

• Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, Cardin Drake said:

Please define "ballot harvesting".

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, auburnatl1 said:

That was over 40 years ago. I think with single parents with kids, people working and doing last min traveling - the process should be easier and more available with current tech. Voting in person and waiting in line favors those with who control their schedule, retired, or don’t have much else to do. I know I’ve had to do a last min trip and missed being able to vote.

I see your point about mail but in todays business and life environment I think there should be some fresh thinking about it.

Not to mention Trump voted that way.

I wonder if someone "harvested" his ballot by taking it to the mail box.

36 minutes ago, auburnatl1 said:

Well, let's make it secure and then implement it. I don't know how though. Signature verification is a joke and even that isn't enforced.  Today's process is insecure and everyone knows it.  Don't complain when people don't trust elections when they aren't trustworthy by design. 

6 minutes ago, Cardin Drake said:

Well, let's make it secure and then implement it. I don't know how though. Signature verification is a joke and even that isn't enforced.  Today's process is insecure and everyone knows it.  Don't complain when people don't trust elections when they aren't trustworthy by design. 

I just complain when people go conspiracy nuts only if they lose. Didn’t see maga types storm the capital when Hillary unexpectedly lost. Same types on the game threads whining that the refs, espn, God knows who are out to get us.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Cardin Drake said:

That's patently false, as evidenced by the lawsuits and appeals.

4 hours ago, homersapien said:

Nonesense.  See my response to Cardin Above.

It's far from nonsense. Wasn't it you who cited 35% of our citizens don't believe elections are secure?  And frankly, I think I've heard even larger numbers. Those numbers should never occur in the United States. 

2 hours ago, Cardin Drake said:

Three Presidential elections have been hotly contested this century. Bush-Gore, Clinton-Trump, Trump-Biden. The Republicans have came out on the winning side two out of those three. The difference is in the first two cases, the legal system’s rulings were sufficient. In the last case, Trump refused to accept reality. In other words, there’s a very specific group deeming the process untrustworthy. 

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Gowebb11 said:

Three Presidential elections have been hotly contested this century. Bush-Gore, Clinton-Trump, Trump-Biden. The Republicans have came out on the winning side two out of those three. The difference is in the first two cases, the legal system’s rulings were sufficient. In the last case, Trump refused to accept reality. In other words, there’s a very specific group deeming the process untrustworthy. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AUFAN78 said:

Good video. Thanks for sharing. I hadn’t seen it. Here’s one for you to watch if you have time. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gowebb11 said:

In the first two, there were not mass mail-in ballots and ballot harvesting. You can't have a secure election through an insecure process. 

• Facepalm 1

6 minutes ago, Gowebb11 said:

Good video. Thanks for sharing. I hadn’t seen it. Here’s one for you to watch if you have time. 

I watched it live. It appears those in the video I shared didn't.

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, AUFAN78 said:

Those in the video you shared were doing what countless Republicans did after the 2020 election: discussing and debating the election on the House and Senate floor weeks after the fact. That serves democracy. That’s the way it should be. Storming the Capitol and continuing to spread lies years later is wrong and does not serve a democratic process. 
We can agree that the process of voting has gotten very complicated and should be addressed. But Congress, whether majority Democrat or majority Republican have made no serious effort to reform anything. So the cycle will continue. 

Edited by Gowebb11

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, AUFAN78 said:

It's far from nonsense. Wasn't it you who cited 35% of our citizens don't believe elections are secure?  And frankly, I think I've heard even larger numbers. Those numbers should never occur in the United States. 

Those numbers are not a result of facts.  They are a result of propaganda.

I agree with your last sentence, undoubtedly for different reasons.

Edited by homersapien

13 minutes ago, Cardin Drake said:

In the first two, there were not mass mail-in ballots and ballot harvesting. You can't have a secure election through an insecure process. 

We can agree on this. But who is going to do that reform? When Trump took office in 2016, he held a strong majority in the House and Senate. Yet no major reforms. Voter reform would be a constructive step forward to say the least. But our Congress is more interested in impeaching, indicting, investigating, and name calling to do anything meaningful. 

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Gowebb11 said:

Those in the video you shared were doing what countless Republicans did after the 2020 election: discussing and debating the election on the House and Senate floor weeks after the fact. That serves democracy. That’s the way it should be. Storming the Capitol and continuing to spread lies years later is wrong and does not serve a democratic process. 

Pardon me if I'm no fan. There should be no questions about the integrity of elections. You, I, and everyone else know that is not the case, nor has it been for many, many years. 

4 minutes ago, Gowebb11 said:

We can agree that the process of voting has gotten very complicated and should be addressed. But Congress, whether majority Democrat or majority Republican have made no serious effort to reform anything. So the cycle will continue. 

Sad but true.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, homersapien said:

Those numbers are not a result of facts.  They are a result of propganda

No homey that is just another lame talking point. I'm not interested in your bs. There is plenty to be concerned about. 35% is telling.

18 minutes ago, AUFAN78 said:

Who - other than Trump - never conceded a lost election?

Just now, homersapien said:

Who - other than Trump - never conceded a lost election?

6 minutes ago, AUFAN78 said:

No homey that is just another lame talking point. I'm not interested in your bs. There is plenty to be concerned about. 35% is telling.

Your damn right it's telling.  35% of the country are Trump cultists.  They'd usher in an authoritarian with glee.

You - along with them - are an embarrassment to all thinking Americans.

• Facepalm 1

Posted (edited)
18 minutes ago, AUFAN78 said:

Here's what he's saying now.  It's central to his campaign. 

May 5, 2023

https://www.cnn.com/2023/05/10/politics/cnn-town-hall-trump/index.html

Trump again refuses to concede 2020 election while taking questions from New Hampshire GOP primary voters

Edited by homersapien

Posted (edited)

And he didn't actually concede.  He simply acknowledge the election was certified -  after doing everything he could to prevent it. :laugh:

Man you are a true cultist MAGA.

Edited by homersapien

5 minutes ago, homersapien said:

Your damn right it's telling.  35% of the country are Trump cultists.  They'd usher in an authoritarian with glee.

You - along with them - are an embarrassment to all thinking Americans.

I hate when facts get in the way of your propaganda.

50% of Democrats said they believed elections will be honest and open; just 35% of Republicans and 24% of independents agreed. This was a reversal from 2020 when Democrats had much greater concerns about election integrity.

Well damn glad you're not embarrassed as quite obviously you weren't thinking.  :homer: