NCAA Board of Governors accepts $2.8B settlement proposal

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, woodford said:

I should’ve been a lawyer. Good Lord billable hours going crazy these days. 

No kidding. So what happens if an athlete employee doesn’t perform as promised? What happens if he/she gets benched or has to sit out? Lawsuits?

while we are at it, restructure the ridiculous coaches salaries. Incentives if you win certain number of games, bowls etc. Penalties if you don’t.

for the fans cut ticket prices depending on location and if priority seating , season tickets aren’t occupied game day , open them up for anyone in the stadium at kickoff.

The nil scam shakedown should be severely limited and or eliminated.

Edited by TigerOne

6 hours ago, TigerOne said:

Recruiting has definitely been simplified.

the athletes just have ask how much do I get and do I start? No more education, team loyalty, school traditions, etc concerns or questions.

This has been a business to everyone except the players for decades. When your business plan loses EVERY court case it appears before it was obviously flawed. How much have coaches and administrators cared about team loyalty and school traditions when making career choices? Very little if at all.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, CR said:

This has been a business to everyone except the players for decades. When your business plan loses EVERY court case it appears before it was obviously flawed. How much have coaches and administrators cared about team loyalty and school traditions when making career choices? Very little if at all.

It has been a business, but not a regular business.  A regular business does not use profits to disperse to non business pursuits within its own department.  A regular business does not survive when faced with decades of not being profitable (which most athletic departments aren't).  Coaches are hired to train student athletes and win games.  They can just as easily be fired as they can be hired by another institution. 

On 5/24/2024 at 8:59 AM, AU9377 said:

Note that former student athletes eligible for damages include only those that were active from 2016 forward.  Student athletes prior to 2016 are not eligible for damages.  There are so many missing parts to this moving forward.   It is obvious that there is still no real plan or consensus, other than everyone believing that they are entitled to as much money as they can get as quickly as they can get it.

Damn, thought I was about to get paid.

On 5/25/2024 at 10:14 PM, TigerOne said:

No kidding. So what happens if an athlete employee doesn’t perform as promised? What happens if he/she gets benched or has to sit out? Lawsuits?

while we are at it, restructure the ridiculous coaches salaries. Incentives if you win certain number of games, bowls etc. Penalties if you don’t.

for the fans cut ticket prices depending on location and if priority seating , season tickets aren’t occupied game day , open them up for anyone in the stadium at kickoff.

The nil scam shakedown should be severely limited and or eliminated.

Also if we are going pro/pay I have a solution for the transfer portal. They use it in FIFA all the time. It's called a transfer fee.

Works just like the portal, you have two periods that a team can purchase you if a team is willing to release you.

9 hours ago, TripleDegreeTiger said:

Also if we are going pro/pay I have a solution for the transfer portal. They use it in FIFA all the time. It's called a transfer fee.

Works just like the portal, you have two periods that a team can purchase you if a team is willing to release you.

I like this idea. Ensures player finds current value. Sometimes works for you but also can work against. Seems like system will have to have yearly release mechanism.

On 5/27/2024 at 9:15 AM, Hank2020 said:

I like this idea. Ensures player finds current value. Sometimes works for you but also can work against. Seems like system will have to have yearly release mechanism.

The money doesn't go to the player. The transfer fee money would go to Auburn University.

10 hours ago, TripleDegreeTiger said:

The money doesn't go to the player. The transfer fee money would go to Auburn University.

I realized that premise. I just meant seems like there has to be a mechanism to generally ensure players value can grow/diminish based on performances. Builds in incintives for both sides. 

• Like 1