Question for gamedays on the fam?

do you guys like opening a thread and commenting that way or would you prefer a live chat? i can hardly keep up the the thread style myself and i wonder if we had a choice which would be easier? maybe we could have a live chat an hour before the game and maybe a couple after? it is an idea but it seems chat was not very popular before and was removed. tell what ya think guys. many ofus make donations somaybe it is a reasonable idea? if i am wrong ignore this.

so are you guys scared to make a comment or just sheep following the normal?

53 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

Neither. I don't do keyboard during an AU game in any sport. I like to have my undivided attention on the game. Happy for those who enjoy the game threads but that's not for me.

• Like 5

18 minutes ago, Mikey said:

Neither. I don't do keyboard during an AU game in any sport. I like to have my undivided attention on the game. Happy for those who enjoy the game threads but that's not for me.

i appreciate the response...........

7 hours ago, aubiefifty said:

sheep

• Wow 1

8 hours ago, cbo said:

sheep

thanx for replying.we do not own this board but we are part of it. by the way i love the new shock emoji........

• Like 1

I’ve been in the forum on some game days, and I’ll agree that it can be hard to keep up at times.  I’d be willing to try a chat.  I’m not certain that it would be much different but maybe I’m missing something.  While I’ve enjoyed the game day forum, I’ve found that it can be somewhat of a distraction when I’m attempting to lock into the game.  I usually enjoy the post game forum a bit more since the game is over and not competing with it. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Mikey said:

Same here with football. Enjoy the game thread with baseball. Slower pace and a good way to pick up on things you may have missed. We just didn’t have a lot anyone cared to talk about this past season.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, aubcali said:

Let’s do game day Zoom group calls!

Thats too much like work!!!!   

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, aubcali said:

Let’s do game day Zoom group calls!

you would be dazzled by my dashing good looks..........

• Haha 1

23 hours ago, Mikey said:

Same for me.  I do my level best to avoid any AU board until Monday after a football game when hopefully folks have had time to sober up & calm their nerves and some posts are still nasty on Monday mornings. 

11 hours ago, aubiefifty said:

thanx for replying.we do not own this board but we are part of it. by the way i love the new shock emoji........

I hadn't noticed the new emoji! I was just joking with my reply, calling myself a sheep. 

I like the gameday thread alright but it is hard to keep up with. 

• Like 1

I don’t have an opinion on which format is better/worse.   The game thread needs to have one person doing game updates for those that can’t watch/listen (rare) and the rest of the thread needs to be humorous color commentary.  

• Like 1

We used to have a live chat box on game day.  As you would expect, it was a bit of a shat show - similar to the game threads now.

• Like 1

i guess it is a dumb idea. i was here when they had live chat but i did not run my mouth much back then that i can remember.

1 hour ago, aubiefifty said:

i guess it is a dumb idea. i was here when they had live chat but i did not run my mouth much back then that i can remember.

There are no dumb ideas.  

Just dumb, ummmmm, people , yeah, let’s leave it at that.   

Not talking about you, fifty.  

• Haha 1

On 5/21/2024 at 7:44 AM, SaltyTiger said:

Same here with football. Enjoy the game thread with baseball. Slower pace and a good way to pick up on things you may have missed. We just didn’t have a lot anyone cared to talk about this past season.

when baseball is on i look to see if i can figure which old geezer you are. and with allyour money i bet you are in the cheap seats........grins. since you love the water i figure you look like popeye.........

On 5/22/2024 at 2:17 PM, NCAubs said:

There are no dumb ideas.  

Just dumb, ummmmm, people , yeah, let’s leave it at that.   

Not talking about you, fifty.  

i like to get my dress blown up every now and again. i got a few days for talking about someone else's mom as well as my own. i am still scarred ............

1 hour ago, aubiefifty said:

i like to get my dress blown up every now and again. i got a few days for talking about someone else's mom as well as my own. i am still scarred ............

not-today-eric-nottodayeric-twitter-genx

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, NCAubs said:

not-today-eric-nottodayeric-twitter-genx

mods i love this! please do nothing. i got a week off for mama jokes nc...............i love cutting up. people tell me in private the board needs more humor.

16 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

mods i love this! please do nothing. i got a week off for mama jokes nc...............i love cutting up. people tell me in private the board needs more humor.

I will tell you in public.  People need to take themselves less serious.  Some topics deserve respect and civility.  Sometimes, a smart reply is needed for levity. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

Tell me who’s your weed man and how do you smoke so good?

You’re a superstar, boy, why you still up in the hood?

1 hour ago, NCAubs said:

Tell me who’s your weed man and how do you smoke so good?

You’re a superstar, boy, why you still up in the hood?

i am really a chick. i do admit to not shaving my legs often.

12 hours ago, aubiefifty said:

when baseball is on i look to see if i can figure which old geezer you are. and with allyour money i bet you are in the cheap seats........grins. since you love the water i figure you look like popeye.........

Usually behind home plate above concourse. Have an ex partner that has maintained the seats for a while. Like to stand on the concourse behind the plate often. I am the really good looking guy wearing a white with blue bill Dye era hat. Usually wear shorts regardless of temperature. Always a group of nice looking women close by wanting to meet me.

• Love 1