2025 4* LB Tyler Lockhart Decommits from AU

3 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

It’s not about integrity it’s about playing the game in this nil world. A commitment is just a negotiating tactic and bargaining chip at this point to see if the competition will pay them more. Nothing more. Nothing less.

Word being bond is still important. If you want to play the game just say you’re leaning one way or another. Don’t announce you’re going to school somewhere if you have no intention of going.

Sometimes you win, sometimes not. It’s been like this before the NIL. We are still in good standing to finish top 10 which is fine by me. I think we finish top three if all goes according to what is being said. We need more linemen on both sides of the line. To me that is most important 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, tbone4jc said:

Sometimes you win, sometimes not. It’s been like this before the NIL. We are still in good standing to finish top 10 which is fine by me. I think we finish top three if all goes according to what is being said. We need more linemen on both sides of the line. To me that is most important 

I'm like you, as long as we finish with a top 10 class, I'm fine with that. We've shown through the years that we can compete nationally and for SEC titles with top 10 recruiting classes. I know Hugh has said from the day he was hired that he wanted the 2024 class to be top 10 (it finished 8th) and the 2025 class to finish top 5 but I don't think we land top 5 classes until we prove that we can win consistently on the field on saturdays. Chizik had a class finish #4 in recruiting and that's the highest we've ever finished. Unless we start paying out the wazoo for classes like Texas A&M did a few years ago (and I don't see us ever doing that), it's going to take us winning on the field consistently.

As long as Hugh and his staff can stack top 10 classes together AND prove that they're good gameday coaches, we should be just fine IMO.

14 hours ago, AUght2win said:

Word being bond is still important. If you want to play the game just say you’re leaning one way or another. Don’t announce you’re going to school somewhere if you have no intention of going.

How about putting the onus on the multi millionaire 50 and 60 year old coaches who are aggressively pressuring these 16 and  17 year old kids to commit. The kids are just playing the game the adults created and wrote the rules for. 

• Like 3

• ellitor changed the title to 2025 4* LB Tyler Lockhart Decommits from AU
On 6/29/2024 at 1:20 PM, GwillMac6 said:

It’s not about integrity it’s about playing the game in this nil world. A commitment is just a negotiating tactic and bargaining chip at this point to see if the competition will pay them more. Nothing more. Nothing less.

it's legitimately the wild west ... the NIL & open portal has been a detriment to the college game & will continue to negatively impact it going forward

read the article below ... Phil Knight is 86 & wants Oregon to get a title ... he's just planning on buying one ... dude has a $60 BILLION net worth ... can probably put together a pretty decent squad with that type of resources:

https://www.barstoolsports.com/blog/3518661/phil-knight-is-86-years-old-and-desperately-wants-to-see-a-championship-so-hes-providing-oregon-with-unlimited-nil-resources

• Wow 1

49 minutes ago, nthemix said:

it's legitimately the wild west ... the NIL & open portal has been a detriment to the college game & will continue to negatively impact it going forward

read the article below ... Phil Knight is 86 & wants Oregon to get a title ... he's just planning on buying one ... dude has a $60 BILLION net worth ... can probably put together a pretty decent squad with that type of resources:

https://www.barstoolsports.com/blog/3518661/phil-knight-is-86-years-old-and-desperately-wants-to-see-a-championship-so-hes-providing-oregon-with-unlimited-nil-resources

Come on all you guys and gals that were in favor of the NIL. Y’all need to poney up some cash to OTV and buy us a good team.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, jluvah said:

Come on all you guys and gals that were in favor of the NIL. Y’all need to poney up some cash to OTV and buy us a good team.

Hugh is busy working the channels to get more $$ poured into OTV.  

if only we had an AU alumni that was a billionaire CEO of one of the largest companies in the world to help fund our NIL ... maybe if we had a male figure skating program

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Dislike 3

On 6/29/2024 at 4:42 PM, AUght2win said:

This is how agents work the back channels for the highly ranked prospects. 

Auburn fans should know how these agents operate.  Jimmy Sexton bends programs over a barrel when he throws out rumors about coaches being pursued by other schools.  i.e.  Arkansas wants Gus Malzhan ~/~ Gus is considering the Arkansas job were the headlines in the midst of Auburn beating two #1 ranked teams >>>>  Gus proceeds to lose the SECCG and another bowl loss after the ink dried on a 7yr/$49MM contract with Auburn. 

6 hours ago, nthemix said:

if only we had an AU alumni that was a billionaire CEO of one of the largest companies in the world to help fund our NIL ... maybe if we had a male figure skating program

One time I saw Elvis Stojko at an Auburn game (in JHS). I think it was the Arkansas game where Matt Jones ran all over us. 

image.png

On 6/30/2024 at 7:22 AM, Gowebb11 said:

How about putting the onus on the multi millionaire 50 and 60 year old coaches who are aggressively pressuring these 16 and  17 year old kids to commit. The kids are just playing the game the adults created and wrote the rules for. 

AGENTS and parents are the puppet masters playing games and orchestrating these commits/decommits of these kids.  Coaches have to work through the players representatives (agents/parents), they aren't aggressively pressuring the young kids to do anything.  

6 hours ago, JerryAU said:

they aren't aggressively pressuring the young kids to do anything.  

We agree to disagree. Are you suggesting that guys like Nick and Kirby and Urban gently suggest commits from players? Because most top recruiters are known by one word: relentless. The only thing that’s changed in this NIL era is the kids are able to negotiate and use their talent for leverage against the multi-millionaires that desperately need them.

15 hours ago, Gowebb11 said:

We agree to disagree. Are you suggesting that guys like Nick and Kirby and Urban gently suggest commits from players? Because most top recruiters are known by one word: relentless. The only thing that’s changed in this NIL era is the kids are able to negotiate and use their talent for leverage against the multi-millionaires that desperately need them.

I'm suggesting that with the advent of NIL 3 yrs ago, prospects are allowed to retain agents to negotiate for them.  As Nick said many yrs ago, "agents are pimps."  They get a cut of the NIL $ their clients (players) generate, they want to drive the bidding wars for their client.  Parents act as representatives for their kid, when a parent has 4-5* athlete they're heavily involved in securing the best money deal they can find.  

What we're seeing isn't different than what Jimmy Sexton does for his clients.  Agents chum the waters, spread rumors resulting in his client getting a hefty and often times unwarranted pay raise with extensions.  Sexton (with Gus' 100% approval) took Auburn to the woodshed in 2017, he stirred up rumors that Gus was going to Arkansas.  The idiotic Auburn Administration panicked and in a knee-jerk reaction they inked a guaranteed 7yr/$49MM contract extension.  

I know for a fact these 17-18 yr old stud athletes aren't negotiating and leveraging their talents independently.  Kids are directed where to take visits, what to say publicly on social media, and when to commit or decommit from a school. Prospects are now getting $10,000 just to make a campus visit to a school, everyone knows an agent/parent is pulling those puppet strings. 

Edited by JerryAU

11 minutes ago, aucanucktiger said:

Back to Lockhart, he's visiting on BCW.

Fwiw

We're pushing hard for him to get back in the class

• Like 2
  • Love 1

• 2 weeks later...
39 minutes ago, tbone4jc said:

Any new info about him re committing?

As bird said we working hard to get him back...we just have to see sorry best I got atm

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, tbone4jc said:

Any new info about him re committing?

we're feeling good with where we stand 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, bigbird said:

we're feeling good with where we stand 

Was it the momentum of all the commits? Or NIL?

1 hour ago, Randman5000 said:

@Randman5000 I don't understand your questions. What I can say is, even though his bro is at Miss St and reportedly  his family would prefer they be together at MSU, our staff feels good about the work we have put in to try to get him recommitted.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, ellitor said:

@Randman5000 I don't understand your questions. What I can say is, even though his bro is at Miss St and reportedly  his family would prefer they be together at MSU, our staff feels good about the work we have put in to try to get him recommitted.

There's a chance his brother doesn't stay at MSU

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, bigbird said:

There's a chance his brother doesn't stay at MSU

Ill Allow It GIFs | Tenor

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Wait! What did my brother, granny, and cousin 3rd removed say about commitments? Waiting for my fathers adopted brother to sign in with his opinion in commitments. hahahaha

• Haha 1

39 minutes ago, ellitor said:

No worries. That clears it up.

12 hours ago, Randman5000 said:

Just worked hard to get him back and never stopped communicating with him 

• Like 1