Who is our acting “president” right now?

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Leftfield said:

Capable of making good decisions doesn't mean incapable of making mistakes.

I'm sure you will have no problem when someone eventually tells you you're too old to do something.

Mistakes?  Get real.  We are talking about the "keys" to our government here not the keys to a 1967 SS Camaro. 

A mistake is not something you make over and over every day about continuing your campaign for the White House while the chorus from your own supposed supporters to quit grows and grows.   Before this is over the Democratic Party will run over Joe Biden and leave him alongside the road like a dead possum, because it's all about keeping power.     

Edited by JMWATS
  • Like 1

On 7/1/2024 at 9:52 AM, DKW 86 said:

Todays NYT: Ron Klein, Biden advisor for decades states that he is 100% sure Biden will be the nominee in November and has no intention of bowing out, no matter what. 

I read an interesting article a few days ago. It basically stated the Biden's delegates are not legally bound to vote for him on the first ballot at the convention.  There are some exceptions, and this situation could be one. Sorry, I don't have the link.  Biden may not want to bow out, but he will be forced out, one way or another.  

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, Cardin Drake said:

I read an interesting article a few days ago. It basically stated the Biden's delegates are not legally bound to vote for him on the first ballot at the convention.  There are some exceptions, and this situation could be one. Sorry, I don't have the link.  Biden may not want to bow out, but he will be forced out, one way or another.  

There are multiple problems with this theory: 

1. The Biden Administration picks all the Democratic primary delegates. If Biden doesn't step down, the DNC would have to convince a large number of Biden picked allied to violate their oath to pledge for Biden. This would be highly unlikely. 

2. You'd have to have a clear candidate to vote for other than Biden...which the Dems do not have. Even if a small delegate revolt happened, Biden would still win the nomination just based on no other obvious or good options for the delegates to vote for as one. 

Right now the Democrats can't force remove Biden even if they wanted very strongly to. He has to make the decision himself to drop out. 

Edited by CoffeeTiger

26 minutes ago, JMWATS said:

Mistakes?  Get real.  We are talking about the "keys" to our government here not the keys to a 1967 SS Camaro. 

A mistake is not something you make over and over every day about continuing your campaign for the White House while the chorus from your own supposed supporters to quit grows and grows.   Before this is over the Democratic Party will run over Joe Biden and leave him alongside the road like a dead possum, because it's all about keeping power.     

As I said, I'm sure you will have no problem when someone eventually tells you you're too old to do something.

22 minutes ago, Leftfield said:

As I said, I'm sure you will have no problem when someone eventually tells you you're too old to do something.

If you’re honest with yourself you may resist, but can see what is true.  It’s when you are delusional is when you have the problem.  Only God can remove Joe from the ballot, Joe said so himself.

23 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

If you’re honest with yourself you may resist, but can see what is true.  It’s when you are delusional is when you have the problem.  Only God can remove Joe from the ballot, Joe said so himself.

Delusional?

So you immediately accept something negative when it's presented to you? No time needed for denial/bargaining/acceptance? Hell, you won't even admit half the things that happened with Trump that should be obvious with your own eyes.

13 minutes ago, Leftfield said:

Delusional?

So you immediately accept something negative when it's presented to you? No time needed for denial/bargaining/acceptance? Hell, you won't even admit half the things that happened with Trump that should be obvious with your own eyes.

Read the post, I said you may resist, but in the end you know the truth.

There is a difference with other people.  You know your capabilities much better than you do others capabilities.

You just like to argue.  Keep it up.

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

Read the post, I said you may resist, but in the end you know the truth.

There is a difference with other people.  You know your capabilities much better than you do others capabilities.

You just like to argue.  Keep it up.

Saying that denial in this case is "delusional" is worth rebutting.

Election denial is a different animal.

Edited by Leftfield

8 minutes ago, Leftfield said:

IM just likes to argue, that’s his/her whole point 

27 minutes ago, Leftfield said:

You or I do not know other people’s heart.  We only know what is in ours.

38 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

I failed to address this.

You may know your own capabilities, but coming to recognize that some of those capabilities are no longer there is completely different. It's a completely natural part of aging.

Just now, I_M4_AU said:

You or I do not know other people’s heart.  We only know what is in ours.

Yet you have no problem saying Biden is a terrible human being guilty of bribery and using the Justice Department to go after Trump.

Just now, Leftfield said:

Yet you have no problem saying Biden is a terrible human being guilty of bribery and using the Justice Department to go after Trump.

No problem at all, he is a public figure that has accepted the presidency and is heading us in the wrong direction.  The same as you do with Trump.

22 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

No problem at all, he is a public figure that has accepted the presidency and is heading us in the wrong direction.  The same as you do with Trump.

So you know his "heart?" Didn't you just say we couldn't know that about others?

10 minutes ago, Leftfield said:

So you know his "heart?" Didn't you just say we couldn't know that about others?

Look, I know if I’m loosing some ability as I get older because I know myself and I am constantly comparing my capabilities.  This is a lot different than observing others abilities, but when it comes to people that are in a position that can affect others because of their jobs isn’t fair to question that person?

If a person who is a doctor shows signs of mental decline and you notice would it not be in your best interest to inquire about the decline?  The medical profession has its own protocol in dealing with this type of thing as do other professional organizations.  Being a politician does not come with an oversight commission on mental or physical health.

There are many examples of this just in the last year or so; McConnell and Feinstein come to mind.

So I know what I observe with Biden and it is not going to get better.

I hope you can understand the difference.

49 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

Look, I know if I’m loosing some ability as I get older because I know myself and I am constantly comparing my capabilities.  This is a lot different than observing others abilities, but when it comes to people that are in a position that can affect others because of their jobs isn’t fair to question that person?

If a person who is a doctor shows signs of mental decline and you notice would it not be in your best interest to inquire about the decline?  The medical profession has its own protocol in dealing with this type of thing as do other professional organizations.  Being a politician does not come with an oversight commission on mental or physical health.

There are many examples of this just in the last year or so; McConnell and Feinstein come to mind.

So I know what I observe with Biden and it is not going to get better.

I hope you can understand the difference.

Never said I didn't understand. If you noticed, I already said he should step aside. My point was that he is very likely in a denial phase about being able to handle all aspects of the job. That's a natural human reaction and it takes some time to get past. Unfortunately, it's pushing up against a very tight election timeline, so many people blame him for willingly putting the country at risk.

We will see what happens. Momentum seems to be building for him to step aside. Many Democrats in power are voicing their opinions and it may reach a critical mass.

I wonder if these politicians coming out publically against their leader will be pushed out of their party?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, CoffeeTiger said:

There are multiple problems with this theory: 

1. The Biden Administration picks all the Democratic primary nominees. If Biden doesn't step down, the DNC would have to convince a large number of Biden picked allied to violate their oath to pledge for Biden. This would be highly unlikely. 

2. You'd have to have a clear candidate to vote for other than Biden...which the Dems do not have. Even if a small delegate revolt happened, Biden would still win the nomination just based on no other obvious or good options for the delegates to vote for as one. 

Right now the Democrats can't force remove Biden even if they wanted very strongly to. He has to make the decision himself to drop out. 

Yeah, can't see Biden losing the first ballot, but it's another lever to apply pressure with.  Most Republicans I know are hoping he sticks it out, but I just don't see how he can.  It's too apparent that he may not have another 4 months, much less 4 years.