Who is our acting “president” right now?

39 minutes ago, homersapien said:

The most important thing any modern president does is choose his staff.

Same can be said of any leader

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

To the original poster. What does it mean in your opinion to "call the shots". Give examples.

Edited by creed

13 hours ago, creed said:

To the original poster. What does it mean in your opinion to "call the shots". Give examples.

Demonstrate the ability to go "off script" (no teleprompter or note cards(s)) and effectively communicate his personal values, goals, and ideas when it comes to solving various issues facing our nation.

47 minutes ago, JMWATS said:

Demonstrate the ability to go "off script" (no teleprompter or note cards(s)) and effectively communicate his personal values, goals, and ideas when it comes to solving various issues facing our nation.

In that case Biden is off script a major portion of the time. I would guess less than 1% of his time is in front of a teleprompter with notes communicating to the public. 

note: I’m not a Biden fan. 

12 minutes ago, creed said:

In that case Biden is off script a major portion of the time. I would guess less than 1% of his time is in front of a teleprompter with notes communicating to the public. 

note: I’m not a Biden fan. 

I agree he doesn’t communicate to the public without using a teleprompter or notes.   I also agree I’m not a Biden fan. 

22 hours ago, AU9377 said:

I would expect a candidate to believe that they can get the job done.  Their character differences aren't hard to see.  Trump didn't even attend Biden's inauguration due to his inability to acknowledge defeat.  He sounds like a screaming 9 year old when he whines about everyone.

Yes, character differences are not hard to see:

• Facepalm 1

3 hours ago, JMWATS said:

Yeah, Trump does so well when he goes off script. :rolleyes:

• 1 month later...

After last night’s debate I need to ask again “Who is our acting president right now?”

42 minutes ago, JMWATS said:

After last night’s debate I need to ask again “Who is our acting president right now?”

The debate was a horrible showing for Biden.  That said, Trump displayed why right wing Republicans love a man that lies to them.  They can't get enough of it and he didn't disappoint them last night.

He flat out made up a narrative about Jan 6th.  He went so far as to add a new lie last night when he claimed that he offered Nancy Pelosi 10,000 soldiers and she said no.  There was never a communication between the two.  Of course, that is after claiming the number was small and that they were welcomed by police. 

He then repeated more lies about abortion...TRUMP: “The problem they have is they’re radical because they will take the life of a child in the eighth month, the ninth month, and even after birth, after birth.” If you believe that bs............... well, of course you do if you watch Fox or OAN. 

He still isn't man enough to admit that he lost in 2020 and has taken no responsibility for his attempts to overturn the results by illegal means.

All that said, Trump won the debate handily.  Biden showed his age, but as usual, many Fox Republicans want to overplay the issue and accuse him of being mentally incompetent.  The choice between the two is a terrible one to be forced to make.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, AU9377 said:

The debate was a horrible showing for Biden.

This was shortly after the debate was over.

• Haha 1

It’s past time to acknowledge two things being true at the same time.

DT is a horrible human and convicted felon and not worthy to be POTUS.

JB is fragile and weak and is physically and mentally incapable of doing the job going forward. 

The Dems have a very limited window to accept reality and put forth another candidate . The clock is ticking. 

Edited by Gowebb11
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

If this circus hasn’t completely shed light on the total failure of the two parties in power, I don’t what will. Absolutely embarrassing. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, autigeremt said:

If this circus hasn’t completely shed light on the total failure of the two parties in power, I don’t what will. Absolutely embarrassing. 

The only sensible post I’ve ever seen in the political forum.   

• Like 1

On 4/28/2024 at 2:05 PM, JMWATS said:

I would like to know who our acting “president” is right now.  I need to know who I would be voting for if for some reason I decided to vote for someone other than the Republican nominee

I am. Now show me more respect.

• Haha 3

19 hours ago, autigeremt said:

The failure belongs to an  ignorant populace who traded critical thinking for ideology, who traded principles for personal interests and power.  Freedumb.

• Like 2

Corporate interests run this country regardless of which party is in power.  To what degree is the only matter of conjecture.

• Like 1

On 4/29/2024 at 2:33 PM, AU9377 said:

Clearly?  People often see what they want to see.

Or dont want to see...

There is a mirror around your home, I am sure. Maybe in the a bathroom????

On 4/30/2024 at 4:02 PM, homersapien said:

That's why they have staffs.  The job outgrew one person long, long ago. 

The most important thing any modern president does is choose his staff.

But staffs can only enforce what the elected official decided.

Somehow no one in America believes that Biden is making the decisions anymore. That means that no elected staff are making decisions and that means that democracy has lost.

• Like 1

And for the love of God, it is: Victor Davis Hanson

36 minutes ago, icanthearyou said:

Corporate interests run this country regardless of which party is in power.  To what degree is the only matter of conjecture.

True.

11 hours ago, TexasTiger said:

I am. Now show me more respect.

I’ll just refer to you as “Dr. Jill” from now on.😀  How does that sound? 

15 minutes ago, JMWATS said:

I’ll just refer to you as “Dr. Jill” from now on.😀  How does that sound? 

Sounds like you’re an insufferable moron, since you asked.

10 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

Sounds like you’re an insufferable moron, since you asked.

Well now, aren’t you just fresh out of charm school this morning. 

17 minutes ago, JMWATS said:

Well now, aren’t you just fresh out of charm school this morning. 

Look at the insane crap you asked me to respond too. It’s kinda moronic to say something so charmless and petty and expect a charming response, isn’t it?