Hamas vs Palestinians

1 hour ago, auburnatl1 said:

Respectfully,  literally every generation thinks it has unique signs from Revelations or other  scripture that it’s the end of days.  Ie they  had a difficult time in Israel getting people to work for the 1st hundred years after Christ died because what’s the point - the worlds ending tomorrow.

People will believe what they will. That’s fine. Im only suggesting I don’t think we should guide US policy based on some groups thinking they might instigate the rapture.
https://churchleaders.com/pastors/pastor-articles/375453-every-generation-of-christians-thinks-it-might-be-the-last.html

That's not where I was going. The trigger for The Beginning of The Last Days has not been pulled. That will be when the 7 nations identified in Ezekiel all have a concerted simultaneous attack on Israel. That hasn't happened.  Then, the last days will begin.  Also, once that trigger goes off nobody knows how long it will be til Jesus' Return.  I was merely referring to prophecy being fulfilled.

Edited by ArgoEagle
  • Facepalm 1

24 minutes ago, ArgoEagle said:

That's not where I was going. The trigger for The Beginning of The Last Days has not been pulled. That will be when the 7 nations identified in Ezekiel all have a concerted simultaneous attack on Israel. That hasn't happened.  Then, the last days will begin.  Also, once that trigger goes off nobody knows how long it will be til Jesus' Return.  I was merely referring to prophecy being fulfilled.

It’s kinda where you were going.  80 generations before read ez 38 as well. Again, I respect your beliefs and  only get concerned when US foreign policy might be impacted by end of times groups.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, ArgoEagle said:

I am curious like Nat’l. He asked if US policy should be based on fulfilling prophecy?

Your post 15 Samuel was an instruction from God concerning the complete destruction of a people at a specific time. Do you believe that directive stands regarding the Palestinian people? 

9 hours ago, SaltyTiger said:

I am curious like Nat’l. He asked if US policy should be based on fulfilling prophecy?

Your post 15 Samuel was an instruction from God concerning the complete destruction of a people at a specific time. Do you believe that directive stands regarding the Palestinian people? 

Brother Salty. I cannot say with all certainty that should be or is the case.  Again, that is not my decision.

My point yesterday was that it has happened before, and could be happening now.

I believe in accountability.   Every people were warned not to curse Israel or they would be cursed.

These people are taught to hate, hate, hate Israel and the United States from childhood, so that's what they grow up knowing and the attack on Israel in October & the burning of the U.S. Flags is evidence, and confirmation of that to me.

So my common sense tells me that if you don't completely wipe these people out, like God did to the Amalekites, these people are going to get bolder & bolder with their attacks & these attacks will last until Jesus' return.

I can tell you one thing for sure Brother Salty.  If they ever come in my yard and mess with my property or family they will be picking buckshot out of their butts for a while.

13 minutes ago, ArgoEagle said:

So my common sense tells me that if you don't completely wipe these people out, like God did to the Amalekites, these people are going to get bolder & bolder with their attacks & these attacks will last until Jesus' return.

I can tell you one thing for sure Brother Salty.  If they ever come in my yard and mess with my property or family they will be picking buckshot out of their butts for a while.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't this line of thinking completely contradict Jesus's teachings?

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, arein0 said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't this line of thinking completely contradict Jesus's teachings?

There seems to be some confusion on Jesus’s teaching that he was the new covenant - for example eye for eye was replaced by turn the other check. IMO there are some that seem to have blurred early age Old Testament Sunday school with the WWE

Edited by auburnatl1
  • Haha 1

39 minutes ago, arein0 said:

Not necessarily.  Yes Jesus did teach to love our neighbors.

BUT, Jesus reacted in anger when the auction was going on in the Temple; he turned over tables & ran the people responsible out of there, and was not nice about it.

Jesus called the Pharisees a brood of vipers

Jesus called out the woman at the well for having had 5 husbands, and for living with her current man (whom she wasn't married to), and sternly corrected her.

So if some of you want to go on this Jesus was nice to everyone angle; there's 3 instances when he wasn't.

to eat and drink, and find enjoyment in all their hard work on earth
during the few days of their life that God has given them,
for this is their reward.
19 To every man whom God has given wealth and possessions,
he has also given him the ability
to eat from them, to receive his reward, and to find enjoyment in his toil;
these things[h] are the gift of God.

The above verses in Ecclesiastes apply to a man being able to enjoy the fruits of his labor; such as land, his home, and his possessions.

I also believe that within these verses that God gives us the right to defend the fruits of our labor, as does our government give that right.

• Facepalm 1

34 minutes ago, ArgoEagle said:

BUT, Jesus reacted in anger when the auction was going on in the Temple; he turned over tables & ran the people responsible out of there, and was not nice about it.

Jesus called out the woman at the well for having had 5 husbands, and for living with her current man (whom she wasn't married to), and sternly corrected her.

So if some of you want to go on this Jesus was nice to everyone angle; there's 3 instances when he wasn't.

The above verses in Ecclesiastes apply to a man being able to enjoy the fruits of his labor; such as land, his home, and his possessions.

I also believe that within these verses that God gives us the right to defend the fruits of our labor, as does our government give that right.

Jesus sternly lecturing people or overturning tables is justification for us 'wiping out' entire populations of people in war? 

Edited by CoffeeTiger
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, ArgoEagle said:

I was talking about loving your enemies. 

Matthew 5:43–44

"Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you"

Luke 6:27–31

"Love your enemies, do good to those who hate you, bless those who curse you, pray for those who mistreat you. If someone slaps you on one cheek, turn to them the other also. If someone takes your coat, do not withhold your shirt from them. Give to everyone who asks you, and if anyone takes what belongs to you, do not demand it back. Do to others as you would have them do to you" 

I believe hate is essentially a retaliation cycle, or in other words hate begets hate. Jesus is calling for us to end the cycle because retaliation only validates ones hatred. In your original example about completely wiping out the Palestinians, yes, you might wipe out one enemy but while doing so you are more than likely creating more enemies. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, ArgoEagle said:

I believe in accountability.   Every people were warned not to curse Israel or they would be cursed.

Refusing to support the complete annihilation of innocent people is not equivalent to cursing Israel. I believe God intends for us to exercise decency and humanity. Not to say I do not appreciate Israel’s complex problem in identifying the “bad guys”.

Edited by SaltyTiger
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, SaltyTiger said:

Refusing to support the complete annihilation of innocent people is not equivalent to cursing Israel and I believe God would expect us to exercise decency and humanity. Not to say I do not appreciate Israel’s complex problem in identifying the “bad guys”.

When was the last war that a country has provided humanitarian aid to the country they are trying to defeat?

Harris, after her meeting with Netanyahu:

This is a far cry from retconing the border czar (I take no responsibility) to telling Netanyahu to accept the cease fire agreement.  Biden stated in his speech the other night he wanted to get the hostages released and now Kamala is acting if she is the president.

This must confuse our allies.  No one is asking for her to be silent, but she might let Joe do his job.  You know, give the man the opportunity to do the right thing before she takes over the world.

Why wouldn’t Biden and Harris get after HAMAS to accept Israel’s terms?  Well, because HAMAS would no longer rule and that would be a good thing.

3 hours ago, CoffeeTiger said:

Jesus sternly lecturing people or overturning tables is justification for us 'wiping out' entire populations of people in war? 

That's not what I said.  Please re-read my post.  It was pretty much in 2 parts.

• Dislike 1

1 hour ago, SaltyTiger said:

Refusing to support the complete annihilation of innocent people is not equivalent to cursing Israel. I believe God intends for us to exercise decency and humanity. Not to say I do not appreciate Israel’s complex problem in identifying the “bad guys”.

[a]
The Israeli government has reported the deaths of 1,195 people stemming from the assault on October 7, including the later deaths of hostages in Gaza.Jul 17, 2024

The attacks began early on 7 October with a barrage of at least 3,000 rockets launched against Israel and vehicle-transported and powered paraglider incursions into Israel

Brother Salty,

The fact of the matter is that Gaza & Hamas started this war.

Do I want to see 1 more person killed in this war---No, but I have absolutely no control of that.

My point is we're putting too much blame on the original victims (Israel), and not enough on the people who started it in the first place.

My advice to Hamas would be to adopt this motto going forward: Don't start none, won't be none.

1 hour ago, I_M4_AU said:

When was the last war that a country has provided humanitarian aid to the country they are trying to defeat?

Harris, after her meeting with Netanyahu:

This is a far cry from retconing the border czar (I take no responsibility) to telling Netanyahu to accept the cease fire agreement.  Biden stated in his speech the other night he wanted to get the hostages released and now Kamala is acting if she is the president.

This must confuse our allies.  No one is asking for her to be silent, but she might let Joe do his job.  You know, give the man the opportunity to do the right thing before she takes over the world.

Why wouldn’t Biden and Harris get after HAMAS to accept Israel’s terms?  Well, because HAMAS would no longer rule and that would be a good thing.

You assume that they are not.

23 minutes ago, AU9377 said:

You assume that they are not.

I have not heard anything publically threatening HAMAS to acquiesce to a cease fire.  Everytime it gets close to a deal, HAMAS backs down.

2 hours ago, I_M4_AU said:

I have not heard anything publically threatening HAMAS to acquiesce to a cease fire.  Everytime it gets close to a deal, HAMAS backs down.

There has certainly been nothing said threatening Israel on our part.  We have negotiators meeting with everyone almost daily.  The Sec of State has been very hands on, as has the head of the CIA.  There have been protests on the streets of Israel by citizens demanding that a cease fire deal be reached to bring the hostages that are alive back home.

Hamas is the bad actor here and nobody is claiming otherwise.  At the same time, there have now been close to 40,000 Palestinians killed in an area that is basically a 50 mile strip of land.  At some point, the remaining hostages have to be the most important element of what is left to fight over.

21 hours ago, ArgoEagle said:

[a]
The Israeli government has reported the deaths of 1,195 people stemming from the assault on October 7, including the later deaths of hostages in Gaza.Jul 17, 2024

The attacks began early on 7 October with a barrage of at least 3,000 rockets launched against Israel and vehicle-transported and powered paraglider incursions into Israel

Brother Salty,

The fact of the matter is that Gaza & Hamas started this war.

Do I want to see 1 more person killed in this war---No, but I have absolutely no control of that.

My point is we're putting too much blame on the original victims (Israel), and not enough on the people who started it in the first place.

My advice to Hamas would be to adopt this motto going forward: Don't start none, won't be none.

I am aware of what started the recent conflict and have no problem in taking Hamas out. Also understand the complexity of the situation 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, SaltyTiger said:

I am aware of what started the recent conflict and have no problem in taking Hamas out. Also understand the complexity of the situation 

I’m skeptical if taking Hamas “out” is possible.  Or ever was. At times  it looks like their intent is simply non symmetrical revenge. Like +40:1 non symmetrical.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, auburnatl1 said:

I’m skeptical if taking Hamas “out” is possible.  Or ever was. At times  it looks like their intent is simply non symmetrical revenge. Like +40:1 non symmetrical.

“The guerrilla must move amongst the people as a fish swims in the sea” – Mao Zedong.

Apparently, the Netanyahu's plan is to drain the ocean.

Edited by homersapien

23 minutes ago, SaltyTiger said:

There is no complexity, HAMAS is evil and should be dismantled and could be by now if this administration was behind Israel.  In Netanyahu’s speech he said this is a conflict between civilization and barbarism.

Kamala had a meeting with him afterwards and said the cease fire needs to happen immediately.  She said that Israel has a right to exist and the U.S. will fund them to defend themselves.  What she didn’t say is we will fund them to eliminate those that attacked them without provocation.

Is this what appeasing barbarism gets you?

On 7/26/2024 at 10:23 AM, ArgoEagle said:

Screenshot 2024-07-27 165524.jpg

• Like 1

4 hours ago, I_M4_AU said:

There is no complexity...

Certainly isn't for anyone who can't, or chooses not to, see it.

4 hours ago, I_M4_AU said:

....HAMAS is evil and should be dismantled and could be by now if this administration was behind Israel.

How many Palestinian deaths would be acceptable to you to wipe out Hamas?

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Leftfield said:

How many Palestinian deaths would be acceptable to you to wipe out Hamas?

Not for me to say.  All it would take to end all bloodshed in this war is for HAMAS to give up.  Mean while Hezbollah is on the verge of getting into a prolonged war no one wants.

Will Israel not retaliate for 10 killed, including children, while playing soccer today?

It isn’t complicated at all.  FAFO.