Hamas vs Palestinians

8 minutes ago, auburnatl1 said:

What do you think would happen to informants and their families?
I agree this isn’t literal genocide. But it’s deeply immoral and in terms of securing Israel’s safety has actually worsened their long term situation. After the first 30 days of the conflict, which most strongly agreed with, what’s really been accomplished? +40,000 pointless  deaths with Gaza in rubble, very few hostages recovered, Hamas still exists, and Israel’s  world reputation now is  villianized and shot to hell.   

Netanyahu is an idiot. 

I agree.  I wrote that on April 20th. My patience is now wearing thin.

Edited by AU9377

I’ll agree in principle with Homer, AU and others here about Benjamin and Israel’s overstep to erase Hamas (never happening). I do support Israel’s initial response for the terrorist attacks that were coordinated and premeditated. 

However, free speech doesn’t include defacing property. US Flag burning isn’t something I support, but I’m not personally hurt by it. They wouldn’t do it as much if we shrugged and walked away. 

End of the day, religion has killed more people in the world than anything else. It should be a personal relationship between a person and their God, but somehow it’s been turned into a weapon. Sad. 

• Like 4

29 minutes ago, SaltyTiger said:

You are absolutely right Brother Homer. Really bugs you that “some ancient scripture” confirms support doesn’t it?

Why would that "bug" me?  I trust both of us understand the origins of the bible, not to mention the three Abrahamic (sp?) religions.

The only thing that "bugs" me is the fact some people think like Argo does.

(Your not suggesting the bible "confirms support" for whatever Israel is doing, are you?)

Edited by homersapien

I'll also make it clear the protestors who are defacing property and are wearing pro-hamas/terrorist symbolism 

are 100% in the wrong and are disgusting. 

Just like many right wing causes are hurt by racists/nazis/facists ect joining in with their ranks, these pro-Palestinian protesters will also be harming their cause if they continue to allow people with these disgusting views to march along with them. 

However, some people having these disgusting views is not a good justification for continuing the suffering and abuse of millions of Gazans.

Edited by CoffeeTiger
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 4/26/2024 at 11:18 PM, 1716AU said:

Just an honest question: at whom do they direct their anti-semitism?  The Israelis or the Palestinians?

BOTH are semitic peoples.

Tradition!  ;D

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, autigeremt said:

End of the day, religion has killed more people in the world than anything else. It should be a personal relationship between a person and their God, but somehow it’s been turned into a weapon. Sad. 

Unfortunately, religion is basically tribalism and tribalism has always been and - always will be - a "weapon".  It's human nature.  IMO, our future as a species demands we evolve out of it.

Your post was a good one.  Sorry to digress.

Edited by homersapien

28 minutes ago, AU9377 said:

There is nothing biblical that supports that level of destruction.

Not sure that's correct - keeping with the old testament.

Just now, homersapien said:

Not sure that's correct - keeping with the old testament.

I prob should have said that there is nothing within Christianity that supports that level of destruction. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, AU9377 said:

I prob should have said that there is nothing within Christianity that supports that level of destruction. 

But, but, the old testament is God's word. :-\   Just ask Argo.

36 minutes ago, AU9377 said:

The same thing was said about 9/11, our invasion of Iraq and other conflicts.  The prophecy you mention is too broad to pigeon hole the current Israeli/Hamas conflict into neatly.

I support Israel and Israel's right to defend itself in a very hostile part of the world. I don't support the extermination of everyone in the Gaza strip.  There is nothing biblical that supports that level of destruction.

15 Samuel also said unto Saul, The Lord sent me to anoint thee to be king over his people, over Israel: now therefore hearken thou unto the voice of the words of the Lord.

Thus saith the Lord of hosts, I remember that which Amalek did to Israel, how he laid wait for him in the way, when he came up from Egypt.

Now go and smite Amalek, and utterly destroy all that they have, and spare them not; but slay both man and woman, infant and suckling, ox and sheep, camel and ass.

Always remember brother; when any group of people decide to attack God's chosen people (Israel), they also attack God Almighty himself.

They run the risk of incurring God's Wrath upon themselves.

God chose to spare some of Israel's enemies throughout the Bible, but others he chose to take completely out.

God destroyed Sodom & Gamorrah with fire & brimstone. Wiped out every living thing including the grass for wickedness.

God took Lot's wife's life for disobedience.

God killed Ananias & his wife for "lying to the Holy Spirit" about their money gained for selling their land.

He does what He needs to do to accomplish His Will.  I don't question His decisions & judgements; I just accept them.

22 minutes ago, ArgoEagle said:

15 Samuel also said unto Saul, The Lord sent me to anoint thee to be king over his people, over Israel: now therefore hearken thou unto the voice of the words of the Lord.

Thus saith the Lord of hosts, I remember that which Amalek did to Israel, how he laid wait for him in the way, when he came up from Egypt.

Now go and smite Amalek, and utterly destroy all that they have, and spare them not; but slay both man and woman, infant and suckling, ox and sheep, camel and ass.

Always remember brother; when any group of people decide to attack God's chosen people (Israel), they also attack God Almighty himself.

God chose to spare some of Israel's enemies throughout the Bible, but others he chose to take completely out.

God destroyed Sodom & Gamorrah with fire & brimstone. Wiped out every living thing including the grass for wickedness.

God killed Ananias & his wife for "lying to the Holy Spirit" about their money gained for selling their land.

He does what He needs to do to accomplish His Will.  I don't question His decisions & judgements; I just accept them.

Fair to say that you wonder why Church attendance is on a steady decline?

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, ArgoEagle said:

You are convinced that applies to the current conflict?  That is one place where we differ. That comes from the book of Samuel. If we read the books of the Old Testament and followed them strictly, Israeli troops would also be allowed to take virgins from Gaza home to rape and enjoy.

26 minutes ago, AU9377 said:

You are convinced that applies to the current conflict?  That is one place where we differ. That comes from the book of Samuel. If we read the books of the Old Testament and followed them strictly, Israeli troops would also be allowed to take virgins from Gaza home to rape and enjoy.

“I never got my harem” *kicks rock*

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, AU9377 said:

If we read the books of the Old Testament and followed them strictly, Israeli troops would also be allowed to take virgins from Gaza home to rape and enjoy.

Can't a god kill innocent children without all the sanctimony anymore?

1 hour ago, AU9377 said:

I've made my beliefs plain before in another thread & don't want to get into it again.  Short answer: I believe God gives us The Holy Spirit to help differentiate what is still relevant in The Old Testament (commandments & prophecies) & what is not (customs & rituals). If you don't agree with that then I guess we just disagree. No hard feelings at all.

1 hour ago, Leftfield said:

Fair to say that you wonder why Church attendance is on a steady decline?

No I don't. The Bible says in the last days people will turn away from the truth of Gods' Word & have itching ears seeking what they would like to hear. This is also prophecy coming to fruition.

3 hours ago, homersapien said:

Why would that "bug" me?  I trust both of us understand the origins of the bible, not to mention the three Abrahamic (sp?) religions.

The only thing that "bugs" me is the fact some people think like Argo does.

(Your not suggesting the bible "confirms support" for whatever Israel is doing, are you?)

Of course not ( whatever Israel is doing ). God himself has not been happy with Israel on numerous occasions. Clear as a bell in the Old Testament. As Christians we are only to hope and pray for peace.

15 minutes ago, SaltyTiger said:

Of course not ( whatever Israel is doing ). God himself has not been happy with Israel on numerous occasions. Clear as a bell in the Old Testament. As Christians we are only to hope and pray for peace.

So goes the myth - or "story" if that term offends you. ;) 

32 minutes ago, ArgoEagle said:

No I don't. The Bible says in the last days people will turn away from the truth of Gods' Word & have itching ears seeking what they would like to hear. This is also prophecy coming to fruition.

Get a street corner.  :-\

2 hours ago, ArgoEagle said:

.....He does what He needs to do to accomplish His Will.  I don't question His decisions & judgements; I just accept them.

That's exactly what makes you so dangerous.

The Old Testament was written by Jews over 3,700 years ago. Yet, you would justify genocide today based on what their mythological god supposedly said.

You and the Islamic radicals are both cut from the same cloth.

Edited by homersapien

1 hour ago, AUDub said:

“I never got my harem” *kicks rock*

Sign me up for the 40 virgins thing too!  (Although I am not prejudiced against experience.)

• Haha 1

On 4/26/2024 at 2:49 PM, autigeremt said:

A lot of these protesters are not grass roots driven. They are paid and bussed in. 

Sounds like delegates for a Southern Baptist Convention.  Cultists going to cult

6 hours ago, ArgoEagle said:

Respectfully,  literally every generation thinks it has unique signs from Revelations or other  scripture that it’s the end of days.  Ie they  had a difficult time in Israel getting people to work for the 1st hundred years after Christ died because what’s the point - the worlds ending tomorrow.

People will believe what they will. That’s fine. Im only suggesting I don’t think we should guide US policy based on some groups thinking they might instigate the rapture.
https://churchleaders.com/pastors/pastor-articles/375453-every-generation-of-christians-thinks-it-might-be-the-last.html

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1