Hamas vs Palestinians

On 5/7/2024 at 7:00 PM, cbo said:

6 hours ago:

Biden shows his true colors:

1 hour ago, I_M4_AU said:

Biden shows his true colors:

First of all, you said that no one even mentions the hostages anymore and that Biden fully supports Hamas. Neither of which are true. I posted a video of Biden mentioning the hostages, which should have made you feel better if you were genuinely concerned. 

Second, I don't like Biden. It's not all Republican vs. Democrat for me. 

Third, aid to Israel should be conditional. Both sides have committed atrocious acts. One difference is that we are all paying for Israel's weapons, not Palestine's. And Israel has bombed hospitals, killed rescue aid workers (including an American citizen), and killed thousands of civilians. 

• Like 2

The question no one is asking: Why are we paying for any of Israel’s weapons at all? Last time I checked, they are a fairly well to do nation fighting an impoverished enemy with no Navy or Air Force. Politics aside, ally or no ally, I’m tired of our tax dollars being squandered on bombs and bullets for the rest of the world. At some point enough is enough. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, cbo said:

I posted a video of Biden mentioning the hostages, which should have made you feel better if you were genuinely concerned. 

I am genuinely concerned, but now that Biden has delayed weaponary to Israel and told the world he did Hamas has no incentive to release the hostages.  Mentioning the hostages in a speech is just that, mentioning the hostages.  Show me you car Mr President.

7 hours ago, cbo said:

Second, I don't like Biden. It's not all Republican vs. Democrat for me. 

Good, Biden needs to go. 

7 hours ago, cbo said:

Third, aid to Israel should be conditional. Both sides have committed atrocious acts. One difference is that we are all paying for Israel's weapons, not Palestine's. And Israel has bombed hospitals, killed rescue aid workers (including an American citizen), and killed thousands of civilians. 

There is only one morally *right* side of this conflict.  Hamas is a terrorist organization and should be eliminated.  In war atrocities happen whether intentional or not.  Hamas hides in hospitals (a war crime) and uses Palestinians as human shields (also war crimes) they are a terrible organization that is in charge of the opposing side.

In a real way America is paying for Hamas’ weaponary.  We give them aid in $ and they use it to build rockets, Biden has relaxed oil sanctions with Iran that has allowed them to increase their wealth by $ billions and we have released $16 billion of frozen assets to Iran since Biden took office.  Iran’s support of Hamas is iron clad.

Name a modern war in which either side has been held to the standard Biden is holding Israel by withholding aid.

Why are we appeasing terrorist? 

Just like he did in Afghanistan:

Not much Biden can do if Netanyahu's primary goal isn't the release of hostages. 

Israel does not need these large American weapons for self defense. This conflict at this point is an entirely offensive operation on the part of Israel, and if Israel doesn't want Americas advice, thoughts, or feelings to be part of the equation then they will need to find another source for their weapons of destruction. 

reducing weapon shipments to Israel poses absolutely no danger to Israel itself, and the reality is that Israel is quickly losing the PR battle in the world even while they are enjoying battlefield success. The United States is about the only ally in the entire damn world that Israel has left exclusively on it's side in the UN.

Anyone who says Biden isn't giving Israel enough support just isn't living in the real world and is focused more on partisan politics than reality. 

Large civilian casualties, and letting a million people starve to death in a destroyed city isn't a good look any way you slice it, and Israel needs to end this conflict way sooner than later. Its goal of eliminating Hamas entirely is a fantasy. Hama's leaders don't even live in Gaza and Israel is giving hundreds of thousands of young men all the motivation they need to take up arms against Israel in whatever becomes Hamas v2.0 in the near future.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

• 2 weeks later...

Israel has now attacked Rafah, a designated "safe zone," setting fire to a camp housing displaced Palestinians. At least 45 dead, including 12 women, 8 children, and 3 elderly. They pulled out children in pieces. 3 bodies were burned beyond recognition, so they can't categorize those. 

This comes AFTER the ICC issued an arrest warrant for Netanyahu for war crimes. And now the UN Security Council is calling an emergency meeting, after their Security General condemned the attack. 

Netanyahu, who definitely always tells the truth, said it was a mistake. Just a little oopsy-doopsy. Don't mind us. We also didn't mean to bomb those churches, hospitals, and aid workers. 

As @CoffeeTigerastutely noted above, the majority of the world is mounting in opposition to Israel's actions. Because it is painfully obvious that this isn't about the release of hostages. 

So what is America doing? Biden is not altering his Israel policies because they have not yet crossed the "red line." Hard to cross a line that doesn't actually exist. We will keep sending money and weapons without any consideration for our thoughts or advice. But, aw shucks, it sure is sad about all those dead people. 

Biden is losing leftist/liberal votes left and right. I am personally tired of funding this brutality, especially when we desperately need the money in this country. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, cbo said:

Biden is losing leftist/liberal votes left and right. I am personally tired of funding this brutality, especially when we desperately need the money in this country. 

Haven’t you heard, this country is loaded with money.   We are handing out millions of dollars a month to people who aren’t even here legally.   Why are you concerned with giving some to who America calls an “ally “

14 hours ago, cbo said:

Israel has now attacked Rafah, a designated "safe zone," setting fire to a camp housing displaced Palestinians. At least 45 dead, including 12 women, 8 children, and 3 elderly. They pulled out children in pieces. 3 bodies were burned beyond recognition, so they can't categorize those. 

This comes AFTER the ICC issued an arrest warrant for Netanyahu for war crimes. And now the UN Security Council is calling an emergency meeting, after their Security General condemned the attack. 

Netanyahu, who definitely always tells the truth, said it was a mistake. Just a little oopsy-doopsy. Don't mind us. We also didn't mean to bomb those churches, hospitals, and aid workers. 

As @CoffeeTigerastutely noted above, the majority of the world is mounting in opposition to Israel's actions. Because it is painfully obvious that this isn't about the release of hostages. 

So what is America doing? Biden is not altering his Israel policies because they have not yet crossed the "red line." Hard to cross a line that doesn't actually exist. We will keep sending money and weapons without any consideration for our thoughts or advice. But, aw shucks, it sure is sad about all those dead people. 

Biden is setting himself up for a fall on this issue unfortunately. 

Biden isn't treating this war any differently than Trump or any other Republican would. Being pro Israel and pro Zionist in itself isn't a bad thing, but he's also unfortunately confusing being pro-Israel with going along with whatever Netanyahu wants and says. Netanyahu is Israels Donald Trump. He's mired in corruption allegations,  is not a fully rational or diplomatic man, and also has a political incentive to keep the war in Gaza going as long as he can to avoid post war investigations and inquiries on his governments failures, and also to prolong having to make a decision on post war governance for the region. 

Bidens support of Israel's offensive operations are bleeding him support from all progressives and increasingly even more moderate Democrats here at home while at the same time not gaining him any ground or support at all from Conservatives.  Republicans are just "mad" at Biden for daring to tell Israel to try and cut down on innocent civilian casualties. 

All mainstream media is focusing near daily coverage on criticism to Biden's handling of the war, and he's getting heckled at all his campaign events.  The world is also souring on Biden as they are starting to see him as being complicit in Israel's activities, and see the US government stopping the rest of the UN from imposing any sanctions on Israel like the rest of the world wants to do. 

Biden's done very well on a number of issues here at home, but it's frustrating to watch him throw a lot of the political goodwill from those wins away in subservience to Netanyahu's government.

• Like 3

14 hours ago, aubaseball said:

Haven’t you heard, this country is loaded with money.   We are handing out millions of dollars a month to people who aren’t even here legally.   Why are you concerned with giving some to who America calls an “ally “

I already explained why I'm concerned with giving money to this particular ally. But it you want to air your unrelated budget grievances, have at it. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Which story do you believe about the hostage rescue over the weekend?

Curious stuff.

• 1 month later...

Figured this is as good a place to put this as any...not going to post the picture of the maggots at the Watergate Hotel (no, not the 1972 burglars) left at Netanyahu's table.

Palestinians going to condemn this being done in their name? I won't hold my breath.

Larping morons as far as the eye can see...

Tlaib gonna Tlaib...

Rashida-Tlaib-War-Criminal-Getty-640x480

Edited by SLAG-91

37 minutes ago, SLAG-91 said:

Figured this is as good a place to put this as any...not going to post the picture of the maggots at the Watergate Hotel (no, not the 1972 burglars) left at Netanyahu's table.

Palestinians going to condemn this being done in their name? I won't hold my breath.

Larping morons as far as the eye can see...

Tlaib gonna Tlaib...

Rashida-Tlaib-War-Criminal-Getty-640x480

I honestly haven't followed any of today's developments/protests enough to have an opinion on that. 

But I do know this. Netanyahu is a problem. Not a good dude. It does not behoove the United States to give him a hero's welcome. To say the least. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, cbo said:

I honestly haven't followed any of today's developments/protests enough to have an opinion on that. 

But I do know this. Netanyahu is a problem. Not a good dude. It does not behoove the United States to give him a hero's welcome. To say the least. 

You’re right, you haven’t been following any development of Netanyahu’s visit.  When he arrived, Biden, Harris nor any other dignitary meet him.  Biden didn’t attend his speech (which in not unusual), but the VP, who presides over the Senate, didn’t show up because she was attending a sorority event somewhere.

The HAMAS protesters took down the American flag, burned it (I know, free speech) and replaced it with a Palestinian flag.  They defaced monuments and assaulted cops.  But Netanyahu is a bad dude.

25 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

You’re right, you haven’t been following any development of Netanyahu’s visit.  When he arrived, Biden, Harris nor any other dignitary meet him.  Biden didn’t attend his speech (which in not unusual), but the VP, who presides over the Senate, didn’t show up because she was attending a sorority event somewhere.

The HAMAS protesters took down the American flag, burned it (I know, free speech) and replaced it with a Palestinian flag.  They defaced monuments and assaulted cops.  But Netanyahu is a bad dude.

I don't know about you IM but I am highly pissed this morning about these disgraceful idiots!  I guarantee you they would not get away with this crap in Alabama, and a few other states in the South.  They didn't get away with it on that 1 campus in N.C. I was proud of those guys there that stopped it.

They want to start fights, but don't want to take responsibility for their actions when the people they attacked wants to finish it.  They are cowards & bullies.

God promised Israel a few thousand years ago that he would bless those who bless them, and curse those who curse them.

The cursing part of that promise is going on right now and everybody's acting surprised that it's happening.

Americans just don't understand that these people are not our allies; they are not peaceful.  They want to see us destroyed, and they want to see Israel destroyed!

They are taught this concept from birth.  They proudly yell out "From the river to the sea".  What does everybody think that means? That they want to take a trip with us or Israelis from the river to the sea & go swimming?   Wake up everybody!  These people are EVIL!

• Facepalm 1

Anyone who thinks our foreign policy should be directed by something written in the bible is crazy - if not evil.

You think anything they do represents God's will?  Now that's "evil".

The U.S. should support Israel in principle and generally, but not because of some ancient religious scripture.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, ArgoEagle said:

They are taught this concept from birth.  They proudly yell out "From the river to the sea".  What does everybody think that means? That they want to take a trip with us or Israelis from the river to the sea & go swimming?   Wake up everybody!  These people are EVIL!

You don't see the irony of this, do you ? 

Religion itself is evil.  

Thanks for clearly demonstrating it.

Edited by homersapien

16 minutes ago, ArgoEagle said:

I don't know about you IM but I am highly pissed this morning about these disgraceful idiots!  I guarantee you they would not get away with this crap in Alabama, and a few other states in the South.  They didn't get away with it on that 1 campus in N.C. I was proud of those guys there that stopped it.

We, as a country, should be po’ed at these idiots.  Israel is the lone Middle East country that has Western values and our leadership shuns their PM as he speaks here in the U.S.

You can make the arguement that HAMAS, as a movement, is evil just by the acts they performed on Oct 7th of 2023 alone.  Why some people who represent the government condone such actions are inexcusable.

That being said; bringing up any religious beliefs as a reason to act is not a good arguement when you can make the same point without the religious reference.

As you can see one of the atheist on the board has already chimed in.  We need to stand with Israel on this because it is the right thing to do and this administration is allowing this unrest spill over to American soil because of their weakness, nothing more.

• Love 1

29 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

We, as a country, should be po’ed at these idiots.  Israel is the lone Middle East country that has Western values and our leadership shuns their PM as he speaks here in the U.S.

You can make the arguement that HAMAS, as a movement, is evil just by the acts they performed on Oct 7th of 2023 alone.  Why some people who represent the government condone such actions are inexcusable.

That being said; bringing up any religious beliefs as a reason to act is not a good arguement when you can make the same point without the religious reference.

As you can see one of the atheist on the board has already chimed in.  We need to stand with Israel on this because it is the right thing to do and this administration is allowing this unrest spill over to American soil because of their weakness, nothing more.

Sorry, but it is.  Everything about this situation including our government's actions and lack of action is Bible Prophecy; including calling evil good & good evil.

Harris has definitely taken the side of evil.

As for the atheist: I have witnessed to him openly on this forum & you see the result.  I invite you to read 2 John v. 9-11 & go from there.

• Dislike 1

On 4/30/2024 at 1:03 AM, AU9377 said:

It still isn't genocide. 

There is a difference between Hamas and Palestinians.  However, if Hamas is such a small contingent in Gaza, the population should have no problem informing as to where the remaining hostages are and offering the planners of the October 7th massacre to the IDF. Islamic extremism has to be rejected by the population of Gaza, in the same way as it must be rejected by the Afghans, Iraqis, Iranians etc etc etc.

Everyone knows that Iran has been funding Hamas and supplying them with bombs, which Hamas has been launching into Israel well before this conflict began.  What Hamas did on Oct 7th was abhorrent.  They purposefully murdered family members one at a time in front of each other, while taking others hostage and riding them thru the streets of Gaza like trophies, while people celebrated from their open windows and along the streets.

Israel does need to wrap this up and do all they can to prevent any further loss of innocent lives.  However, I cannot blame them for demanding that all of Hamas leadership be either killed or taken into custody.

What do you think would happen to informants and their families?
I agree this isn’t literal genocide. But it’s deeply immoral and in terms of securing Israel’s safety has actually worsened their long term situation. After the first 30 days of the conflict, which most strongly agreed with, what’s really been accomplished? +40,000 pointless  deaths with Gaza in rubble, very few hostages recovered, Hamas still exists, and Israel’s  world reputation now is  villianized and shot to hell.   

Netanyahu is an idiot. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, homersapien said:

The U.S. should support Israel in principle and generally, but not because of some ancient religious scripture.

You are absolutely right Brother Homer. Really bugs you that “some ancient scripture” confirms support doesn’t it?

29 minutes ago, ArgoEagle said:

Sorry, but it is.  Everything about this situation including our government's actions and lack of action is Bible Prophecy; including calling evil good & good evil.

As for the atheist: I have witnessed to him openly on this forum & you see the result.  I invite you to read 2 John v. 9-11 & go from there.

Go to Hell.  ;D

(That was intended humor)

Edited by homersapien
  • Haha 2

26 minutes ago, ArgoEagle said:

Yeah, being concerned for starving children is evil and counter to God's will. :-\

Stick around. You're making a great case for atheism.

20 minutes ago, ArgoEagle said:

The same thing was said about 9/11, our invasion of Iraq and other conflicts.  The prophecy you mention is too broad to pigeon hole the current Israeli/Hamas conflict into neatly.

I support Israel and Israel's right to defend itself in a very hostile part of the world. I don't support the extermination of everyone in the Gaza strip.  There is nothing biblical that supports that level of destruction.

• Like 1