College Football’s Greatest Injustice

2004 team.  The way Cam was treated by the NCAA and opposing fans

• Like 3

• 2 months later...

On 4/11/2024 at 2:13 PM, AU9377 said:

Travesty 

It could be worse. He could still be the head coach.

uat "staring down the barrel of a gun" and the NCAA too cowardly to pull the trigger:  link  

NCAA had all the evidence in front of them and ended up giving uat a measly 2-yr bowl ban and some bullshyte probabtion ... smdh

• Like 2

On 4/4/2024 at 3:04 PM, Eagle-2 said:

How about the SEC allowing Bear Bryant to schedule an extra SEC game back in the late sixties-early seventies?

How bout bahr brunt hoarding 40+ recruits per class under the old unlimited scholly rule? Signed em all so everyone else had to fight for scraps.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Viper said:

How bout bahr brunt hoarding 40+ recruits per class under the old unlimited scholly rule? Signed em all so everyone else had to fight for scraps.

Yup, remember that trash as well.

Different sport, but The double dribble/ Chuma getting hurt on the final four run. Minus the double dribble, if Chuma doesn't get hurt, we win the national title. A different type of "injustice" per se, but an injustice done unto us by the basketball gods.

Edited by Maverick.AU
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Maverick.AU said:

The double dribble/ Chuma getting hurt on the final four run. Minus the double dribble, if Chuma doesn't get hurt, we win the national title. A different type of "injustice" per se, but an injustice done unto us by the basketball gods.

We won the title. We beat everyone in a basketball uniform that we played. Chumas injury was basketball. The no call double dribble and step out of bounds rebound score at the end of the first half was something else entirely. If someone in stripes didn't have a lot more money in his bank account, he's (or they're) too incompetent to be allowed on a basketball court again.

Other than that, we are brothers.

Yes , I will NEVER forget. 

• Like 1

Peyton Manning's 1997 Heisman trophy snub. 

• Like 4

With the newest court action against the ncaa by past players in hyping the bb tournament, I bet more action comes from  commercialization of past games ( think of all the openings for each game by conferences, bowl games etc..). Floodgates are open for litigation!!!!

Yep, '83.. I was there, we, and thousands of other AU fans, partied all night long thinking we had won the national championship. We screamed, we're number one until I couldn't talk! It was incredible, we all knew we had won the national championship... Until the next day!! Wow..

But I also just read another snub!! The whackcos at CBS sports just ranked all the rivalries in the "new SEC" with the additions of the other schools.... And ranked The Iron Bowl 2nd behind TX/OK.... Seriously!!  Wow, that's almost as bad as '83, although not quite. That rivalry isn't even close, geez.. 

• Thanks 1

On 4/4/2024 at 9:32 AM, TexasTiger said:

There were 3 undefeated teams that year— think that was worse than being leapfrogged?

Did you post just to get yours validated, or to have everyone participate?

27 minutes ago, Swamp Eagle said:

Did you post just to get yours validated, or to have everyone participate?

You’re a particularly delicate flower, aren’t you?

3 hours ago, TexasTiger said:

You’re a particularly delicate flower, aren’t you?

Apparently running behind you…

45 minutes ago, Swamp Eagle said:

What is the gauge? I might be in contingent for this too?

10 hours ago, Swamp Eagle said:

Dude I don’t know if you just don’t understand discourse, but I simply asked the guy a question— did you notice his answer? But i didn’t argue with anyone who had a different opinion. But you be pissy with me if you need to. Better than kicking your dog or hitting your wife.

• Haha 1

On 4/4/2024 at 3:04 PM, Eagle-2 said:

How about the SEC allowing Bear Bryant to schedule an extra SEC game back in the late sixties-early seventies?

In 1972 Auburn, and Alabama both lost only one SEC game, and Auburn beat Alabama on the field, yet the Turds wind up as SEC champions because they finished 7-1 while Auburn finished 6-1. 

Another of their mythical titles. 

I don't really know if that was an injustice because the SEC didn't really control scheduling at that time.  Auburn could have scheduled 8 games at that time just by scheduling the 11th game which Jordan refused to do.  If fact  Tenn & LSU only scheduled 6 games during the regular season.