Team WarReady

I may be eating crow lol.  WEN going off!!! 10-0 start.  All Wen

16-1 Aub. This is by far the most organized I've seen in 5 years. Great coach makes a difference. 

McCormick scores and 1

This is a nicely constructed team.  We got a big guy that was a late add. He just took it strong for bucket and foul

22-5 after 1st Quarter. McCormick with floater at the end.

Oh my!!! Dunbar gets a nice turnaround, but then gets a steal and the OOP TO JVON!!! 

Bowers bricks a 3 😆  some things remain the same lol

Auburn held on 80-73. D2 team started hitting a whole bunch of threes.  But a win is a win.  This team is actually better equipped to handle the post.  They have good size.  Marshall probably is good inside and out scoring 92 points but Auburn looked good from what I saw.  Wen and Jvon is effective in the backcourt with their speed.  Wen is fastest guy on court. 

• Like 2

I missed 2ND HALF so they must have set a target score to keep things on time.  Not sure.  But Wen with the dagger to win!

Another note lol Curse is broken!!!

Posted (edited)

Looked it up.  TBT implements Elam Ending after the first dead ball under 4 minutes in 4th qtr.  Game clock shuts off, and the target score is 8 points higher than the score of the leading team.  First to reach the score wins.  So in this case War Ready had 70 points at that time and the target was set to 78 points.  The idea is to cause you to play the game instead of the clock. Focus on stops instead of fouls.  

Edited by AUBwins

Congrats to the team in getting a win this year! I was hoping with better pg play the team would run a little smoother. I’ll have to try and tune in for the next game. Would like to see some of these old faces again

Posted (edited)

This is the 2nd ever win.  Beat the Wofford group 2 years ago.  

Play again noon ET on FS2 this time against one of the more consistent TBT long run teams in Marshall.  So tough draw again but a great opportunity.  

Also we have one of, if not the best coach in TBT in Marc Hughes. He won it with overtime elite and came in 2nd another year.  

We shot really well (39 year old Terrell Smith knocking down some key threes). Still what could have been with Mustapha originally supposed to be on team, and Samir and Stretch not playing game 1 (injury). Hopefully they are back. 

Screenshot_20240720_124406_Chrome.jpg

Edited by AUBwins
Corrected coach name
  • Like 1

Cincinnati region:  Cincy and Xavier both lost.  Every game was upset based on seeding 

Auburn leads 29-27 at half against 1 seed Marshall.  Wendell green has half the points, 15.

Wooo 9-0 run to start 2nd capped by Dunbar 3

@bigbirdya boy WG earning a better pro opportunity for next year. FS2 to watch. 

Herd have been on a massive run and just took the lead by 2. They picked up the pace on rebound and playing with big energy right now.  Timeout to regroup. 

Down 4 going to the 4th. They play 5 minutes, than the Elam Ending. Marshall started picking up the defense 3/4 the floor and up in the grill at half court.  Exposed Jvon a bit.  If we get away from them, our bigs are advantage. Time to get it done. 

Holy Shii TJ Dunans with jam over the big man

Great late run to get some distance before the Elam Ending.  Up 8, needing to score 8 while they need to score 16 to end it.  Big 3 by the big man was a nice boost. 

Trying to make history.  Never advanced to sweet 16 before against potentially Kentucky.