2025 5* QB Julian "Juju" Lewis

toddc

At some point we need to sign an elite QB. Our competition is. 

When he's throwing TD's and winning us games, I promise you won't care that we paid him a lot of money or that you don't like his Dad. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, cbo said:

At some point we need to sign an elite QB. Our competition is. 

When he's throwing TD's and winning us games, I promise you won't care that we paid him a lot of money or that you don't like his Dad. 

Yep. Either way, the elite ones are going to be a fight . Flipping KJ wont be a walk in the park, either. 

• Like 1

Ya know, sometimes the best QB for your team/system is not the highest rated 5 Star guy. And I will not be slobber-crying if Juju decides to go elsewhere. A lot of the 5 star guys never make it to the NFL, and a lot of lower rather guys make the big time. Like, um, for example, these QBs ranked out when first recruited --

Patrick Mahomes 3 star
Baker Mayfield 3 star
Dak Prescott 3 star
Eli Manning 2 star
Joe Flaco 3 star
Josh Allen 3 star,
Lamar Jackson 3 star,
Andy Dalton 3 star
Marcus Mariota 3 star
Aaron Rogers 3 star,
Matt Ryan 3 star
Russell Wilson 3 star
Jimmy Garoppolo 2 star

So, ya know, I;m not going to be sobbing in the corner if we don't pull Juju to Auburn. CHF has already pulled in his QB of the future. A highly rated pick will be good for the recruiting ratings, but I'm not gonna hold my breath as per future championships.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, AURex said:

Ya know, sometimes the best QB for your team/system is not the highest rated 5 Star guy. And I will not be slobber-crying if Juju decides to go elsewhere. A lot of the 5 star guys never make it to the NFL, and a lot of lower rather guys make the big time. Like, um, for example, these QBs ranked out when first recruited --

Patrick Mahomes 3 star
Baker Mayfield 3 star
Dak Prescott 3 star
Eli Manning 2 star
Joe Flaco 3 star
Josh Allen 3 star,
Lamar Jackson 3 star,
Andy Dalton 3 star
Marcus Mariota 3 star
Aaron Rogers 3 star,
Matt Ryan 3 star
Russell Wilson 3 star
Jimmy Garoppolo 2 star

So, ya know, I;m not going to be sobbing in the corner if we don't pull Juju to Auburn. CHF has already pulled in his QB of the future. A highly rated pick will be good for the recruiting ratings, but I'm not gonna hold my breath as per future championships.

Totally agree with this.

There has to be some value put on whether a kid wants to actually be at a school or not.

If we did get Juju, or anybody else for that matter, and they were here just because we were the highest bidder, then I believe that they would keep on shopping themselves to other schools, even after they were in an Auburn uniform playing during the football season.

When that happens, you've just spent a whole bunch of money on 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟's.

59 minutes ago, ArgoEagle said:

Totally agree with this.

There has to be some value put on whether a kid wants to actually be at a school or not.

If we did get Juju, or anybody else for that matter, and they were here just because we were the highest bidder, then I believe that they would keep on shopping themselves to other schools, even after they were in an Auburn uniform playing during the football season.

When that happens, you've just spent a whole bunch of money on 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟's.

I agree. There are those few that seem to click with a particular school and coach and show enthusiasm for the opportunity.

I believe that White and Brown both fit that profile. JMO

• Like 1

20 hours ago, lca408 said:

It puts you in a bind having to “make promises” about playing time along with the NIL when we don’t know exactly how good JuJu will actually be. I’m sure he’ll end up being a very good QB but still, you don’t know. 

It’s a great point. What if Walker White were to beat him out? Sure, great for us fans to know we have two studs, but for sure, Lewis would leave. And AU is out 1M that could have been spent on 2-5 other recruits. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

13 hours ago, AURex said:

Eli Manning 2 star

Eli was a 3-star, #15 ranked QB in 1999, but yeah, hard to believe a Manning wasn’t a 5-star.

• Like 1

I liked Tex's post but I wasn't buying the 2* for Eli. I think legacy alone would give him 3 stars.😉

All this talk about JuJu or his Dad just playing the system for $ and the reason we seem to not be "in it" with JuJu.   Do we know this as fact?   

If there is a chance it is not true,  we are ruining any chance at landing him.

If I was being recruited and saw some of these accusations about my dad,   or if I was the dad,   I would be furious at the spin.  Mad enough where that school would be out of the running permanently. 

Even if it was partially true,  it would be a major turn off.    We really shouldn't make jabs at recruits.  Jabs at family members should be OFF LIMITS.

Edited by Quietmaninthecorner

22 hours ago, AURex said:

Patrick Mahomes 3 star
Baker Mayfield 3 star
Dak Prescott 3 star
Eli Manning 2 star
Joe Flaco 3 star
Josh Allen 3 star,
Lamar Jackson 3 star,
Andy Dalton 3 star
Marcus Mariota 3 star
Aaron Rogers 3 star,
Matt Ryan 3 star
Russell Wilson 3 star
Jimmy Garoppolo 2 star

How many of these QBs led their collegiate team to a victory in the national championship? 

Most of them did not even player for blue chip programs due to their rankings. 

I don't see how this compute other than to rationalize this. 

Well, except that a spectacular rating out of high school does not always translate into a great college career -- as evidenced by the list above -- but they sometimes DO make it in the NFL.

Personally, I don't care if Juju or any other Auburn QB becomes the GOAT in the NFL. I want a QB who will lead Auburn to lots of wins and maybe championships. Even if a 3 star. I don't care. Gimme the Auburn wins!

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, AURex said:

Well, except that a spectacular rating out of high school does not always translate into a great college career -- as evidenced by the list above -- but they sometimes DO make it in the NFL.

Personally, I don't care if Juju or any other Auburn QB becomes the GOAT in the NFL. I want a QB who will lead Auburn to lots of wins and maybe championships. Even if a 3 star. I don't care. Gimme the Auburn wins!

Not always but I am willing to bet the majority of the contending teams have high-ranked players at arguably the most important position on the field. If they don't, they are surrounded by an insane amount of talent. Lets be realistic here. We are in a position where we need to be doing our best to be obtaining the highest ranked skilled position players. KJ lacey falls within this category. On the rarest of occasion, a three or two star is leading a collegiate team to the national championship game or hoisting the trophy. And if we would’ve offered for example , Patrick Mahomes, out of highschool, most of the fans here would be complaining. We already know Auburns history with LamarJackson recruitment.

Edited by DAG

9 hours ago, Quietmaninthecorner said:

All this talk about JuJu or his Dad just playing the system for $ and the reason we seem to not be "in it" with JuJu.   Do we know this as fact?   

It's wasn't Juju that caused us to pivot 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 7/9/2024 at 4:04 PM, cbo said:

Will probably stay at USC

@cbo Not sure USC is willing comply with dad's new asking price. It's a lot higher than they had agreed upon and a lot higher than what we were offering, which was higher than USC's offer.

• Like 2

On 7/9/2024 at 4:56 PM, PickingOffPeanuts said:

Do we know if he's coming to Big Cat?

Seems to me if he does, he's very interested in Auburn.

@PickingOffPeanuts No clue. He has never been confirmed for BCW.

On 7/10/2024 at 11:51 AM, Viper said:

“This school is gonna pay me this. Can you match them?”

@Viper Could be wrong but I don't thinj any school has matched his dad's new asking price yet.

• Like 1

On 7/10/2024 at 12:21 PM, DAG said:

I imagine USC could match anything we are offering and then some. 

They could but at the time we backed away earlier this week, they supposedly hadn't.

Just now, ellitor said:

They could but at the time we backed away earlier this week, they supposedly hadn't.

Well he is committed to them. We are the ones that are trying to flip him. 

13 hours ago, Quietmaninthecorner said:

@Quietmaninthecorner No but given nearly every AU recruiting reporter & insider is pretty much saying it means it's highlu likely true.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, DAG said:

Well he is committed to them.

Publicly.

FWIW if he had to sign today I think it would be Colorado or Indiana. I think both of their offers are higher than ours & USC's.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Publicly.

FWIW if he had to sign today I think it would be Colorado or Indiana. I think both of their offers are higher than ours & USC's.

Good for him. Hopefully he gets what he wants and thinks he deserves. Colorado would be a cool landing spot. 

9 hours ago, DAG said:

How many of these QBs led their collegiate team to a victory in the national championship? 

Most of them did not even player for blue chip programs due to their rankings. 

I don't see how this compute other than to rationalize this. 

It would seem to me that this is what the thread is implying. Blue chippers tend to go after higher rated (at thst point in their career), but can make them miss on some obviously good QBs.

35 minutes ago, Hank2020 said:

It would seem to me that this is what the thread is implying. Blue chippers tend to go after higher rated (at thst point in their career), but can make them miss on some obviously good QBs.

But my point is there is nothing obviously that these cats are good coming out of highschool.  Nobody knew Pat Mahomes would be the face of the NFL even after he was chosen by Texas tech. If you say you did, then you are probably lying. We don’t need to rationalize not getting an elite player. The funny thing is the pivot is KJ , who is also elite, hence why he has committed to Texas. If we truly believe what that guy is putting out, go recruit those three and two star QBs and take a chance on them. Put your job on the line for them Hugh Freeze. They are available. 

Another example the poster mentioned was Russell Wilson. RW had to prove himself at North Carolina state then he became a coveted transfer. Guess what, they are going to be coveted transfer QB prospects every year. The perceived elite ones are going to cost you. Period. 

Edited by DAG
  • Like 3

So far I can understand that he is committed to USC who offered $X. AU has offered $Y which is greater than $X and now his dad is possibly asking for $Z which is greater than $X or $Y and no one has come close but Colorado and Indiana? Good luck young man. I made a pretty nice salary once at a job that I was miserable at. I finally realized it wasn’t worth it and now I make less and actually have more. Riches aren’t stored in a bank or a garage. 

Edited by gr82be
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3