2025 5* QB Julian "Juju" Lewis

toddc

17 hours ago, Viper said:

The only current generational QB…the one with 1,473 rushing yards, 20 rushing TDs, undefeated season, National Championship, Heisman, statue and the only emphatic victory over the big bad 1000 lb gorilla…the N.C.A.A.

A list Lawrence and Lewis couldn’t possibly compile together. 

Okay

• Like 3

Lewis put up basically the same numbers as Lawerence did in HS. Biggest difference is Lewis did it as a Sophomore while Lawerence was a senior. Also, Lawrence played in a very weak region compared to Lewis playing in arguably the toughest region in Georgia 

Well this picture is interesting. 

Not at all thinking Indiana will land him, but surprising to see him prepping the IU gear.  Love the pic of him with the AU football. though!

ImageImage

must be an Auburn lock, i am seeing he lost his 5th star today on, on3 recruiting sight 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Indy said:

Well this picture is interesting. 

Not at all thinking Indiana will land him, but surprising to see him prepping the IU gear.  Love the pic of him with the AU football. though!

ImageImage

When preparing to sweat a lot, I always wear rags I don’t care about. He prolly received free rags from every FBS program. 

• Like 1

Sounds like his dad is playing games? Idk how much I can blame him if true. But if it comes down to it, just seems like an impossible choice for us.

8 hours ago, AUwent said:

Sounds like his dad is playing games? Idk how much I can blame him if true. But if it comes down to it, just seems like an impossible choice for us.

Dad is controlling things; a few programs have to back off because of it.  Sometimes it just isn't worth the time & resources required to cater to some of these families.  

• Like 1

It was fun while it lasted...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

36 minutes ago, fishepa said:

It was fun while it lasted...

I'm quite sure it's not over for us.

19 minutes ago, tinman1 said:

I'm quite sure it's not over for us.

Who knows, but it looks like we are out for Juju. 

Maybe we go all in on KJ Lacey now?

26 minutes ago, cbo said:

Wait , where is this coming from? 

3 minutes ago, DAG said:

It's all over Twitter and other sites. That Juju is shutting it down soon and AU is out. Will probably stay at USC. Could be wrong, but it seems legit. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, cbo said:

It's all over Twitter and other sites. That Juju is shutting it down soon and AU is out. Will probably stay at USC. Could be wrong, but it seems legit. 

Better that than Colorado!

3 hours ago, cbo said:

We have chosen to part ways. He is just going back and forth to a degree that makes him undesirable to a few programs. 

2 hours ago, DAG said:

It is coming from places better than twitter. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Auburn93 said:

We have chosen to part ways. He is just going back and forth to a degree that makes him undesirable to a few programs. 

At some point the dance has to stop. And I applaud Auburn for getting off the dance floor…so to speak.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Auburn93 said:

In other words, his camp is leveraging one program’s offer against others. 

A college is literally offering you 1M to play 90 mins away. Don’t use it as a bargaining chip. 

Sometimes a kids family isn’t worth having. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, TAYLORKEETON said:

Just hopped on & see things have changed with JuJu? 

what’s going on? 

“This school is gonna pay me this. Can you match them?”

• Like 1

I kind of figured this one was a pipe dream, although I truly was hoping. I imagine USC could match anything we are offering and then some. 

• Like 2

I think our efforts are better served trying to flip a talented QB who likes Auburn, than getting into a bidding war. I don't think that is good for morale or for our reputation either. WDE!!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Spending that much on a high school QB that isn’t a sure thing isn’t in anyone’s interest except for Deion at Colorado who’s only in it for momentum, and USC which, after their rash of decommits, needs a win to keep their class somewhat intact. Auburn absolutely wanted JuJu and I think we would still take him if circumstances change, but circumstances HAVE to change big time for that to happen. It’s not just about the money but also the principle of an interfering family only concerned about where JuJu can get PAID and can get on TV ASAP. 

Paying that much for a portal QB would be acceptable if it was a sure thing and the guy had proven his worth against P5 competition. The only advantage at this point to paying for and getting JuJu like this is for clout with other recruits and the national rankings. It puts you in a bind having to “make promises” about playing time along with the NIL when we don’t know exactly how good JuJu will actually be. I’m sure he’ll end up being a very good QB but still, you don’t know. 

I don’t blame Hugh and Co. for moving on given the family interference and pressure. If they can flip KJ, it gives them a talented QB with a high ceiling that can get on the field in some capacity in 2025 and look to really compete/start in 2026, without having to live up to any kind of promise or agreement to jump over a Walker White or someone. This also gives Auburn the ability to get a portal QB if they think they need to going into 2025.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, lca408 said:

Spending that much on a high school QB that isn’t a sure thing isn’t in anyone’s interest except for Deion at Colorado who’s only in it for momentum, and USC which, after their rash of decommits, needs a win to keep their class somewhat intact. Auburn absolutely wanted JuJu and I think we would still take him if circumstances change, but circumstances HAVE to change big time for that to happen. It’s not just about the money but also the principle of an interfering family only concerned about where JuJu can get PAID and can get on TV ASAP. 

Paying that much for a portal QB would be acceptable if it was a sure thing and the guy had proven his worth against P5 competition. The only advantage at this point to paying for and getting JuJu like this is for clout with other recruits and the national rankings. It puts you in a bind having to “make promises” about playing time along with the NIL when we don’t know exactly how good JuJu will actually be. I’m sure he’ll end up being a very good QB but still, you don’t know. 

I don’t blame Hugh and Co. for moving on given the family interference and pressure. If they can flip KJ, it gives them a talented QB with a high ceiling that can get on the field in some capacity in 2025 and look to really compete/start in 2026, without having to live up to any kind of promise or agreement to jump over a Walker White or someone. This also gives Auburn the ability to get a portal QB if they think they need to going into 2025.

Don’t think any QB recruit will see the field at all barring injuries. IMO

• Like 1