2025 5* QB Julian "Juju" Lewis

toddc

1 hour ago, AUFightingSoldiers said:

It's all fun and games until schools in top conferences start blackballing families that are asking too much. How that would be viewed in court, I don't know, but nothing says schools are required to recruit your kid or set up NIL deals for you. 

I hope we're not seeing a case of a parent commandeering their child's future to benefit themselves because I believe JuJu has the makings of a superstar. 

Agreed...collusion to some extent is bound to happen 

50 minutes ago, Cdogg2001 said:

No school is going to blackball a kid lol. Why wouldn’t you ask for too much?  Better than asking for too little. If no one comes up to your price, you settle for what you can get. Basic negotiations. Literally no coach is going to blackball a kid for asking for too much money. Especially coaches who do the same thing with their own contracts. 

I would hope a school wouldn't blackball a kid or their family, but I can see it happening if the family is notorious for wasting a coaches time. If there have been 7 figure offers that have been turned down (the articles above seems to say that 7 figures WORTH of offers, not 7 figured for a sole offer), that could very much screw a kid over when no one accepts their terms and the schools they actually like have filled their classes/allocated their NIL resources. And with the literal millions that schools are requiring to back pay over the next few years, don't be surprised when they become gun shy in monetary negotiations/recending NIL deals. 

56 minutes ago, AUFightingSoldiers said:

I would hope a school wouldn't blackball a kid or their family, but I can see it happening if the family is notorious for wasting a coaches time. If there have been 7 figure offers that have been turned down (the articles above seems to say that 7 figures WORTH of offers, not 7 figured for a sole offer), that could very much screw a kid over when no one accepts their terms and the schools they actually like have filled their classes/allocated their NIL resources. And with the literal millions that schools are requiring to back pay over the next few years, don't be surprised when they become gun shy in monetary negotiations/recending NIL deals. 

Schools will soon be sharing profits with their athletes.  Athletes will still be allowed to seek and secure their own NIL contracts separate from their share of the profits the school's disbursements.  Juju currently has had to forego NIL deals because he resides in Georgia, had he simply relocated to a state where it is permissible or high school players to accept NIL endorsement deals, he could be raking in a ton of cash now.  His father has always guided Juju's career and will continue to do so, providing a program is willing to pay the right price for his son's services. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, JerryAU said:

Juju currently has had to forego NIL deals because he resides in Georgia, had he simply relocated to a state where it is permissible or high school players to accept NIL endorsement deals, he could be raking in a ton of cash now.  His father has always guided Juju's career and will continue to do so, providing a program is willing to pay the right price for his son's services. 

Right, if this article is accurate and it was all about money for Dad, Juju would have already moved. It would be tempting. 

If we get this guy, I’m going on record here. If I see any of you outside the stadium selling bawled peanuts as JuJu beans, I’ll be stopping by for my cut. 

Edited by CCTAU
  • Haha 2

16 hours ago, AUFightingSoldiers said:

Nobody is blackballing a 5 star caliber player at the most prominent needed position. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

On 6/27/2024 at 12:27 AM, CCTAU said:

If we get this guy, I’m going on record here. If I see any of you outside the stadium selling bawled peanuts as JuJu beans, I’ll be stopping by for my cut. 

That’s some serious juju…

Posted (edited)
On 1/21/2024 at 6:20 PM, Randman5000 said:

He's a once a generation QB

Not sure how Lewis is a “once in a generation QB” when Caleb Williams, Bryce Young, Trevor Lawrence, Joe Burrow, and Tag have all occurred in just the last 5 years.

Then you include the last 15 years…Cam, Tebow, Manziel, Andrew Luck and Matthew Stafford have all also occurred in this generation.

You’re saying Lewis is head and shoulders better than ALL of those guys? If so, 1M is a steal for this guy.

Forklift that Cam statue on the other side of JH.

Edited by Viper
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, yngwie1995 said:

I wonder who they're talking about. 🤷‍♂️

Didn’t you read the header above him? It’s Clemson or LSU fool. 

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, Viper said:

Didn’t you read the header above him? It’s Clemson or LSU fool. 

Could be Princeton or Missouri. 🤔

1 hour ago, yngwie1995 said:

Probably the University of Auburn again. Those b*stards….

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, yngwie1995 said:

I hear Ouachita Baptist University and Voorhees College thinks they have a snowball’s chance. Hit that subscribe button for the inside scoop.

13 hours ago, Viper said:

Not sure how Lewis is a “once in a generation QB” when Caleb Williams, Bryce Young, Trevor Lawrence, Joe Burrow, and Tag have all occurred in just the last 5 years.

Then you include the last 15 years…Cam, Tebow, Manziel, Andrew Luck and Matthew Stafford have all also occurred in this generation.

You’re saying Lewis is head and shoulders better than ALL of those guys? If so, 1M is a steal for this guy.

Forklift that Cam statue on the other side of JH.

Agree not a once in a generation recruit. Might certainly be once in a generation AU QB though. Fantastic prospect.

I had to laugh at this excerpt from SI daily. These insiders kill me, just say you don’t know lol. 

If I had to bust it down the middle, I wouldn't lean any way with any of these schools," Dukes said. "What I do think is that Colorado really gave the Lewis family a lot to think about this weekend. I think that Auburn is going to continue to push and I think that USC - as long as he's committed to USC, I think you can never count them out, and I'd say they are the leader, because that's where he's committed to

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

4 minutes ago, DAG said:

I had to laugh at this excerpt from SI daily. These insiders kill me, just say you don’t know lol. 

If I had to bust it down the middle, I wouldn't lean any way with any of these schools," Dukes said. "What I do think is that Colorado really gave the Lewis family a lot to think about this weekend. I think that Auburn is going to continue to push and I think that USC - as long as he's committed to USC, I think you can never count them out, and I'd say they are the leader, because that's where he's committed to

Brilliant quote 

• Haha 2

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Hank2020 said:

Agree not a once in a generation recruit. Might certainly be once in a generation AU QB though. Fantastic prospect.

My son watched Cam bring the crystal home. In his generation, there will never be a better one.

It doesn’t matter how many times AU goes undefeated, wins the National Title and the QB wins the Heisman. No AU QB will ever top what Cam did combined with what he went through to accomplish all three of those feats.

IMO, the only QB in the history of CFB to ever have a better season than Cam was Burrow. Burrow didn’t face the adversity and criticism Cam faced. Burrow had FAR better offensive weapons around him than Cam did…not even close.

Theoretically, if Lewis signs with AU and accomplishes all three of those feats, he will have done so with two 5-star WRs, none of which Cam had. Lewis can throw for 40 TDs, but Cam ran for 20 and threw for 30. In my lifetime, that will never be surpassed.

Edited by Viper
  • Like 3

9 hours ago, DAG said:

Right . If he was a meteorologist, there would be a 50% chance of rain tomorrow. Maybe...

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Randman5000 said:

Well his coach said he was and he coached Lawrence. How many of those generational talents were at Auburn.?? 

The only current generational QB…the one with 1,473 rushing yards, 20 rushing TDs, undefeated season, National Championship, Heisman, statue and the only emphatic victory over the big bad 1000 lb gorilla…the N.C.A.A.

A list Lawrence and Lewis couldn’t possibly compile together. 

18 hours ago, Randman5000 said:

Well his coach said he was and he coached Lawrence.

Is his coach the expert on every HS QB across the country throughout this "generation"?

Lewis isn't even the consensus top QB in this class. Yes he is very good, but "his coach said so" is comically weak logic. Right, a coach has never overrated his own player(s). That definitely isn't something that happens across all sports.

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, metafour said:

Is his coach the expert on every HS QB across the country throughout this "generation"?

Lewis isn't even the consensus top QB in this class. Yes he is very good, but "his coach said so" is comically weak logic. Right, a coach has never overrated his own player(s). That definitely isn't something that happens across all sports.

Ha. Okay man. This is a forum for fans. It's called hyperbole. Lol.

Edited by Randman5000
  • Like 2