2025 5* QB Julian "Juju" Lewis

toddc

I'm all for any player called JuJu because well, just TV announcers saying "Auburn JuJu" will be hilarious! And if he is actually a good player, even moreso.

Auburn JuJu! Awesome!

17 hours ago, homersapien said:

The way we've been recruiting OL and Receivers recently certainly helps our chances.

I agree. Having the right people around a QB allows the QB to showcase his skills.

I think one key issue with any 5* QB is setting thier expectations. Be honest and explain they will probably sit one year and redshirt.  To be really good you must be confidant. Some are openly confidant and look cocky and others are internally confidant. It doesn't matter which but the confidence has to be there. 

That is why it is hard to sell a top player that they may not start their freshman year. Hopefully he has good advisors who are looking for what is best for him long term be it at Auburn or USC. Obviously I want him at Auburn and I have a feeling the Freeze is telling him the truth and selling what will be best for Ju Ju long term.

10 hours ago, AuburnNTexas said:

I agree. Having the right people around a QB allows the QB to showcase his skills.

I think one key issue with any 5* QB is setting thier expectations. Be honest and explain they will probably sit one year and redshirt.  To be really good you must be confidant. Some are openly confidant and look cocky and others are internally confidant. It doesn't matter which but the confidence has to be there. 

That is why it is hard to sell a top player that they may not start their freshman year. Hopefully he has good advisors who are looking for what is best for him long term be it at Auburn or USC. Obviously I want him at Auburn and I have a feeling the Freeze is telling him the truth and selling what will be best for Ju Ju long term.

In 2025, the door will be wide open for him to earn the starting spot. Our perceived starter will be gone and there will most likely be very little experience behind him. I would think we have one of the most attractive situations for an incoming QB that anyone could offer. We are getting some very good lineman and have and continue to recruit elite wide receivers. Our run game should be good enough to allow a gradual ramp up on passing percentage. 

Whether he comes in and earns the starting spot immediately or somewhere down the road, the supporting cast seems to be coming into place to provide an excellent 3-4 year opportunity. 

It seems to make a lot of sense for him to come here.

• Like 3

On 6/4/2024 at 10:15 PM, AURex said:

I'm all for any player called JuJu because well, just TV announcers saying "Auburn JuJu" will be hilarious! And if he is actually a good player, even moreso.

Auburn JuJu! Awesome!

Somebody will be sitting outside the stadium with boiled peanuts selling them as Juju beans.

Edited by CCTAU
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, yngwie1995 said:

Could be the face of the shift for this program. 

10 hours ago, DAG said:

Could be the face of the shift for this program. 

Interesting that he used question marks instead of exclamation points.

To commit or not commit; that is the question??

To honor my commitment or not; that is also the question??

And I know kids have been committing, then decommitting for years, but not to this degree of ridiculousness.

36 minutes ago, ArgoEagle said:

Interesting that he used question marks instead of exclamation points.

To commit or not commit; that is the question??

To honor my commitment or not; that is also the question??

And I know kids have been committing, then decommitting for years, but not to this degree of ridiculousness.

Yeah he is certainly going to be a NSD anxiety recruit lol. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Is he expected to not make his final decision until signing day? I guess that’s technically most recruits in today’s NIL age but worth an ask—I’ve seen a few recruits say they wanted to have their recruitments over before their senior season starts.

Edited by AUwent

On 6/17/2024 at 8:57 AM, DAG said:

Yeah he is certainly going to be a NSD anxiety recruit lol. 

Not sure about that. With him being a big time QB. Every school recruiting him is going to expect him to make a final decision soon & turn into a recruiter himself to help finish out that team's class.

5 minutes ago, AUwent said:

Is he expected to not make his final decision until signing day? I guess that’s technically most recruits in today’s NIL age but worth an ask—I’ve seen a few recruits say they wanted to have their recruitments over before their senior season starts.

@AUwent No. He has said he plans to make his final decision before his SR season starts.

29 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Not sure about that. With him being a big time QB. Every school recruiting him is going to expect him to make a final decision soon & turn into a recruiter himself to help finish out that team's class.

I mean he is already committed to USC. I don’t see him doing that nor being forced to do that being a Five Star player. I do see him taking as many visits possible even if committed and keeping people on their toes with a chance to flip him. 

1 hour ago, DAG said:

I mean he is already committed to USC. I don’t see him doing that nor being forced to do that being a Five Star player. I do see him taking as many visits possible even if committed and keeping people on their toes with a chance to flip him. 

It's possible, while it happens ay other positions a good bit, it doesn't happen with big time QBs often. The huge majority shut things down before their SR season.

• Like 1

I would assume Terry decommitting from USCw frees up a lot more NIL to throw at JuJu?

EDIT: They lost Gibson too…yeah, I just can’t see us being able to match them. Glad he’s deciding early on so we can hopefully go after a transfer QB assuming he sticks.

If we can’t get him, I’d much rather USCw get him than anyone else in the SEC or Colorado (or Baylor or UCLA, tbh).

Edited by AUwent

59 minutes ago, AUwent said:

I would assume Terry decommitting from USCw frees up a lot more NIL to throw at JuJu?

EDIT: They lost Gibson too…yeah, I just can’t see us being able to match them. Glad he’s deciding early on so we can hopefully go after a transfer QB assuming he sticks.

If we can’t get him, I’d much rather USCw get him than anyone else in the SEC or Colorado.

I think we’d get more recruits if you tried the opposite of this approach tbh 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

I think we’d get more recruits if you tried the opposite of this approach tbh 

What do you mean? E just said he’s deciding before the season starts. It’s just simple logic that USC will have more NIL to spend on him without those other two.

40 minutes ago, AUwent said:

What do you mean? E just said he’s deciding before the season starts. It’s just simple logic that USC will have more NIL to spend on him without those other two.

Nil is said not to be major factor in his recruitment, I’ve saw that in a few places 

59 minutes ago, AUwent said:

They will have to replace those two which will require NIL if they want close to the same caliber players. Don’t worry about NIL money for Juju

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

36 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

They will have to replace those two which will require NIL if they want close to the same caliber players. Don’t worry about NIL money for Juju

Auburn fans never seem to get, the money is always there, it’s just a matter of whether they want to spend it or not. They will spend it on Juju.

For the two 5* DL that just decommitted - USC is using NIL to get these guys to commit. They are taking the money knowing that they aren’t going to sign with USC. 

I don’t think that’s the case with JuJu - we can only hope to out-recruit USC for him. 

5 hours ago, AUwent said:

If we can’t get him, I’d much rather USCw get him than anyone else in the SEC or Colorado (or Baylor or UCLA, tbh).

I would imagine they keep the offer on the table or even increase it some.

Has anyone heard anything about what kind of spot we are actually in for him? How realistic is it that we could sign him?