2025 5* QB Julian "Juju" Lewis

toddc

3 hours ago, Potatooooooes!! said:

Is he still one of our top targets?

Yes

• 1 month later...

To put things into perspective, this kid put up Trevor numbers his senior year of HS as a sophomore against consistently better competition 

There are rumors that AU has a real shot with Juju. 

I believe Freeze's recruiting has been very good, but not much different than Chizik or Gus' better years.

Landing Juju would be a different level. The #1 OVERALL player on Rivals and a perfect QB  for Freeze's system. And flipping him from Lincoln Riley?

Who knows what will happen, but this is the type of move that changes a head coach's tenure. 

• Like 9

5 hours ago, cbo said:

I believe Freeze's recruiting has been very good, but not much different than Chizik or Gus' better years.

Landing Juju would be a different level. The #1 OVERALL player on Rivals and a perfect QB  for Freeze's system. And flipping him from Lincoln Riley?

Who knows what will happen, but this is the type of move that changes a head coach's tenure. 

Not to mention the chain reaction it could start if we got him...

• Like 4

2 hours ago, MCPeePants said:

Not to mention the chain reaction it could start if we got him...

Trying not to get my hopes up and I know it's just one player. But this seems important to Freeze's tenure. 

In the 24 class Freeze got his guy at QB, and he beat out dabo among others for him.   Juju would be on another level, but I believe CHF can do it.  

• Like 1

7 hours ago, AUpreacherman22 said:

In the 24 class Freeze got his guy at QB, and he beat out dabo among others for him.   Juju would be on another level, but I believe CHF can do it.  

Good point! Don’t let the turds fool you, they are after Juju as well.

• Like 1

On 5/20/2024 at 2:38 PM, cbo said:

Immaculate footwork, elite pocket presence. Got to drop the bag on this one, tbh.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

On 5/20/2024 at 3:38 PM, cbo said:

It seems more likely that he will decommit from SoCal than actually sign. The Riley hype is falling back to earth. 

Fighting off Georgia and Alabama will be tough. Glad to hear we have a chance. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, woodford said:

It seems more likely that he will decommit from SoCal than actually sign. The Riley hype is falling back to earth. 

Fighting off Georgia and Alabama will be tough. Glad to hear we have a chance. 

Pretty sure he said "Georgia has their guy" in an interview referencing Ryan Montgomery.

13 minutes ago, Crypto Dentist said:

Pretty sure he said "Georgia has their guy" in an interview referencing Ryan Montgomery.

I would never count out the best recruiter and currently the most talented/powerful program in CFB who also happen to share the same state with. 

27 minutes ago, woodford said:

I would never count out the best recruiter and currently the most talented/powerful program in CFB who also happen to share the same state with. 

If they are willing to pay what it would take two get 2 top 10 QBs (via 247) and convince them both to get on board, then I agree they have a chance, but man that would be expensive.

It was interesting to see Husan Longstreet get the bump to 5-star in the latest 247 ranking update (and Malik Autry as well). I mention that to say, I'm glad Hugh has a high bar for his QBs targets and shoots for the moon in trying to reel them in. It's been a long time coming. I'm sure we'll miss on many, but hitting on a few will change our ceiling for sure.

On 5/20/2024 at 2:38 PM, cbo said:

59 minutes ago, bigbird said:

56 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

Great post.....you should post more often

He is molting.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ausburn2 said:

He is molting.

I'd like to finish the job by plucking the rest of his feathers

• Haha 4

3 hours ago, bigbird said:

3 hours ago, augolf1716 said:

Great post.....you should post more often

Dang, that's rich!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

18 hours ago, bigbird said:

How have you not been banned for this? Totally unacceptable. 

• Haha 1

23 hours ago, woodford said:

If ever there was a “wait and see” vibe over a program it’s post-Saban Alabama. Some like Caleb Downs didn’t even wait to see. If Alabama loses 3-5, watch out. Could be a recruiting implosion.

On 5/23/2024 at 2:20 PM, AUght2win said:

If ever there was a “wait and see” vibe over a program it’s post-Saban Alabama. Some like Caleb Downs didn’t even wait to see. If Alabama loses 3-5, watch out. Could be a recruiting implosion.

It's not the same anymore. Sure, there's the "alabama" name.

But it's not Saban. And most kids probably don't know or care about Da Bahr (not DeBoer).

Wouldn't there be some degree of wanting to go and help build up a program (like Auburn), rather than try to continue what bama had?

And, oh, it's still in Tuscaloosa. :puke:

2 hours ago, yngwie1995 said:

It's not the same anymore. Sure, there's the "alabama" name.

But it's not Saban. And most kids probably don't know or care about Da Bahr (not DeBoer).

Wouldn't there be some degree of wanting to go and help build up a program (like Auburn), rather than try to continue what bama had?

And, oh, it's still in Tuscaloosa. :puke:

It’s all about the NFL and money. Don’t think things like rebuilding a place matter to anybody anymore sadly. I know Perry mentioned that as a reason he committed, but without Freeze’s WR history I’d say there’s no chance we got him.

• Like 1