*Official Auburn vs. Maryland Game Thread*

abw0004

9 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

lets all meet at the sonic. we can load up an footlong chilidogs and then when we duke it out there will be a spectacle to behold.

I do love a good chili dog 

• Haha 2

Ronnie Brown from the sideline confirms what we saw.

Team unmotivated, basically just wanted to get the game over with.

no focus , no desire, no pride just there.

• Sad 2

4 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

I CAN WHOOP ANYONE IN HERE!

i just do not want to break a fingernail so i will refrain............

Just how big a fella are you?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

40 minutes ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

This thread would be half as long if the scores were reversed. I don’t know why everyone is acting like this is some crazy outcome. It’s a crap bowl game and we played like crap all season. 

Agreed. We have little talent and not the optimum coaching staff as yet. Give us some time. At least we are pursuing some great kids on the recruiting trail.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TigerOne said:

Ronnie Brown from the sideline confirms what we saw.

Team unmotivated, basically just wanted to get the game over with.

no focus , no desire, no pride just there.

Already been paid.

Why work hard now?!?

Welcome to semi pro FB!!

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, StuckMic91 said:

Look at his body of work. Can he put it together? Maybe. I hope so. We don’t need another coaching search in 2 years. My guess is 8-4 next two years just enough to stick around, 10-2 year 4, extension, 8-4 again.

Man, how many $Ms do you make that Crystal Ball you must have?

1 minute ago, DKW 86 said:

Agreed. We have little talent and not the optimum coaching staff as yet. Give us some time. At least we are pursuing some great kids on the recruiting trail.

Agreed. If we’re still having this discussion 2 years from now, then he’ll be gone. All this doomer s*** today after what we saw all season is asinine. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Headland Tiger said:

1. Again, reading comprehension might help yall but I didn’t say a word about firing him. 
2. Im extremely happy. Great wife, great kids, great job. Enjoy life. Had folks over today and ate great food and drinks despite the pitiful showing of the football team. My happiness is in no way tied to the success/failure of the sports teams I root for. But its a message board about…wait for it…football! So if I wanna express my opinion Im pretty sure thats the point! 
3. Ive watched Auburn since 1984. And that entire time, with small windows of exception, had been one roller coaster ride after another. So history is on my side when I say Freeze will probably join the long line of mid-level hires that have one great season at Auburn and then flame out quickly. Forgive me for letting 30 plus years of history cloud my judgement. 

So, no cutting…damn.

Sometimes the bitterness comes out a little strong for different people. 

For the rest of us, we wait and see. This is year one in a long rebuild process. It would have been nice to play at our peak each week, but we are just not that good. Hopefully the players coming in will make a huge difference. 

5 minutes ago, DKW 86 said:

Before or after the beer? :big:

From reading this game thread, after a lot of liquor. 

whats our new hank motto? Hank Don't Stank.................

2 minutes ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

Agreed. If we’re still having this discussion 2 years from now, then he’ll be gone. All this doomer s*** today after what we saw all season is asinine. 

THANK YOU. It is one year and just one year. CHF doesn't have the right players or even good players at this point.

Give him 3 years and then we start talking.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

I simply think there's a middle ground here. Are the doomsayers overreacting? Yes. This is year one, we have an obvious talent gap. But the other side refuses to accept that there are cause for some concern. We shouldn't have that much of a talent gap with Maryland playing a backup qb. We shouldn't fail to prepare so badly we drop games to NMSU and Maryland like we did. We shouldn't be making the mistakes we make with better coaching. 

HF deserves more time to get better talent. HF and his staff have shown deficiencies in coaching and prep that are concerning. Both can be true at the same time.

• Like 3

Cheer up everyone.  We only had 2 problem today.  Motivation: Offense, Defense, Special Teams, and Coaching!

You may now continue with the post-game meltdown…

can i borrow twenty to rent Killers of the flower moon? i am running out of jokes............

1 minute ago, KansasTiger said:

I simply think there's a middle ground here. Are the doomsayers overreacting? Yes. This is year one, we have an obvious talent gap. But the other side refuses to accept that there are cause for some concern. We shouldn't have that much of a talent gap with Maryland playing a backup qb. We shouldn't fail to prepare so badly we drop games to NMSU and Maryland like we did. We shouldn't be making the mistakes we make with better coaching. 

HF deserves more time to get better talent. HF and his staff have shown deficiencies in coaching and prep that are concerning. Both can be true at the same time.

can i remind everyone our team just blew through the flu?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, aubiefifty said:

can i remind everyone our team just blew through the flu?

Yes. Thats a bit nebulous. Did everyone have the flu except Hank Brown and Fairweather? Did they have the flu before NMSU? Or when they played A&M?

Just now, KansasTiger said:

Yes. Thats a bit nebulous. Did everyone have the flu except Hank Brown and Fairweather? Did they have the flu before NMSU? Or when they played A&M?

can i see your credentials sir?

Just now, KansasTiger said:

Can someone translate this for me?

for your football and flu expertise............

1 minute ago, KansasTiger said:

I don’t disagree that there’s not cause for concern. NMSU was a red flag, yes. However today, with players opting out and those remaining’s lack of motivation to get up for such a crappy bowl game is understandable. Like our bball loss to App State this year, this was similar. Maryland gets to say they beat an SEC team, therefore, their motivation was higher. 

This is a throwaway game, and I don’t think people need to be reading as much into it as they are. That said, we need a QB and new OC. 

Just now, aubiefifty said:

for your football and flu expertise............

That my point. To use that as a blanket excuse is nebulous. If this was a one off, I might buy it. But we've seen this team ill prepared and lethargic in multiple games where they can't lean on the flu excuse. 

• Like 1