2025 4* DL Antonio Coleman Flips Back to AU!!!

TAYLORKEETON

30 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

I feel very bad for anyone who’s emotionally invested into this game, and I mean that as light hearted as possible lol 

Shoutouts to the kid for having his fun though 

Totally agree. But we do have them on campus. Beats the heck out of the last few years.

• Like 2

On 3/4/2024 at 8:37 AM, bigbird said:

What I've heard is that once JG left it was  almost inevitable. Combine that with him committing with the understanding that Ryan and KJ were going to be here as well (from Ryan and KJ) and you could see the writing on the wall. Once Ryan went back and we backed off KJ, it was just a matter of when. 

And now? 

This is definitely one I wouldn’t get too invested in until his name is signed on the dotted line. Glad that for now he feels committed to us though. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, DAG said:

This is definitely one I wouldn’t get too invested in until his name is signed on the dotted line. Glad that for now he feels committed to us though. 

I'm having a hard time caring about recruits who have flipped several times or 2026 recruits. It's better than nothing but not moving the needle for me. 

• Like 3
  • Facepalm 1

The music stops Dec. 4.  Hopefully he's in an AU chair. WDE!!

• Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, cbo said:

I'm having a hard time caring about 2026 recruits. It's better than nothing but not moving the needle for me. 

It should. We currently sit as the #1 team in the Nation for 2026. When is the last time that has happened? About half past never.

It is HUGE momentum in the wake of dink retiring. Take note of the in-state recruits' Top 3 lists...bammer nowhere on them. We are taking back this state. Combined with the power of NIL, we are taking full advantage of it.

tenor.gif

Edited by Viper
  • Like 6
  • Love 2

8 hours ago, cbo said:

I'm having a hard time caring about recruits who have flipped several times or 2026 recruits. It's better than nothing but not moving the needle for me. 

Yeah I can’t even think about 2026 right now. It is so far away. Early on in 2025 we were in the top five. Now with that being said, if we show any semblance of success (more than we think) it could be good times come 2026. In terms of 2025, with this specific recruit I agree. I believe is going to an Alabama cookout soon? Will be nice to see his response during that. 

• Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, DAG said:

I believe is going to an Alabama cookout soon? Will be nice to see his response during that. 

If, and that’s a big if, this is his last flip then hooray. But if he were to flip again then I’d have to say bye bye for good. Freeze has been more than generous and patient with him. Hope he sticks. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, autan said:

The music stops Dec. 4.  Hopefully he's in an AU chair. WDE!!

Doesn’t really matter then either. Zero chance this kid doesn’t transfer at least a couple of times in his high school career! 😂😂

I'm amped about the 2026 kids.  Recruiting calendar is constantly pushing earlier and earlier.

These kids will be the core of the '26 class.  Getting (hopefully) two legit 5* DEs on the board to set the tone will be good.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, EastLakeTiger said:

Getting (hopefully) two legit 5* DEs on the board to set the tone will be good.

Hezi Harris (6'6" 235) and Jared Smith (6'6" 250) will be like having Dee Ford and Karlos Dansby terrorizing QBs on the same field together in two seasons.

• Like 5

This kid is flipping more than a gymnast at the Olympics. Hope we end up with him, but I have a hard time believing he’s actually committed. Even if we sign him, does he just transfer back to Bama after one season? Needs to make up his mind already.

3 hours ago, Randy4AU said:

Did anyone really think Coleman flipping back to Auburn was a possibility?

Oh yeah. The only reason he flipped back to Alabama in the first place was because Garrett left for an NFL job. All the folks “in the know” had been saying for a while that they thought he would eventually flip back or at least be a real possibility. He was visiting Auburn pretty soon after his flip so they felt it was likely. Not sure why but supposedly there had been word of Auburn cooling on him? Maybe that was the play - start hinting at looking elsewhere and make him feel anxious to get back on board.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Randy4AU said:

Did anyone really think Coleman flipping back to Auburn was a possibility?

@Randy4AU Yes. The only question was Auburn going to get tired of his games at some point and move on.

I have a new term for Coleman's commitment:

ten·ta·tive·ly
/ˈten(t)ədəvlē/
adverb
  1. subject to further confirmation; not definitely.

Coleman should state that he is (tentatively committed) to AU.
Edited by ArgoEagle

• ellitor unpinned this topic